Olympics

Aix

1623575_296312847186586_1100596386_n.jpg

Our school actually used the announcements to notify everyone of the hockey scores yesterday and everyone in my class already follows the Olympics on their phones during class. The Math teacher even streams it off of the projector. So yeah, it's a big deal here in Canada.

Discuss?

Our school actually used the announcements to notify everyone of the hockey scores yesterday and everyone in my class already follows the Olympics on their phones during class. The Math teacher even streams it off of the projector. So yeah, it's a big deal here in Canada.

Discuss?

I'm not sure what province/territory you're living in, but it certainly is not important across the entire country. At least not nearly as much in Quebec, if one could hold back on prejudice.

I've been watching the curling. I still don't get it, but it's fascinating.

The concept of curling is that you toss a stone into a sort of "target board", and depending on where it lands, you get points. Two other people then use these sticks (I don't know what they're called) to rapidly create friction to either slow down or speed up the stone. That's pretty much all you need to know about curling.

I only watched the USA team luge somewhere in the middle of the events (started fast at first, but rest of team slowed their time down)

Otherwise, I really didn't watch the rest (aside from seeing the finals for US hockey and some other events).

As for the ice skating controversy lately, not saying anything about that since I didn't watch it [though if that girl didn't land cleanly, she should've gotten docked points]

Discuss?

Lucky Canadians got rid of beiber D:

Discuss?

What shitty part of Canada do you live in?  Most of my high school aged friends had classes canceled to watch the game in the gym/wherever

Archived