Akatsuki: We Need To Get Our Own Network Edition

Akatsuki Twitch Anime  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which anime should we watch first?

• Katanagatari
    • Berserk
    • Baka to Test
    • A Ghibli Movie (TBD)

akatsuki_new_logo_by_peetzaahhh2010-d7bd

Logo Courtesy of BT

ubtemplate1.png

WELCOME TO THE NEW AND IMPROVED AKATSUKI OF YCM

NEW TITLE EVERY WEEK (DON'T HOLD ME TO THAT PLEASE)

[spoiler What We Do]

Acknowledge that you've followed Naruto at some point and discuss anime/manga/visual novels/Japanese media in general. TOTALLY COOLER THAN THE ANIME AND MANGA CLUB.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler Club History]

First Akatsuki of YCM

Akatsuki of YCM: Rising Dawn

Akatsuki of YCM: The Last Stand

[/spoiler]

[spoiler Rules]

-Follow all C&O rules

-Any flame wars involving which shitty shonen is better are strictly illegal but always fun to watch

-Try not to be an a******

[/spoiler]

[spoiler Ranks]

Jokes on you I don't give a damn about ranks. But you will be looked down upon if you don't post. Will probably be reinstated if those fa**** mods decide to reinstate the post count for C&O.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler How to Join]

Post your name and any Narutoverse village. They're all fighting against Madara anyways so it doesn't really matter...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler Villages & Members]

I'm just going to copy and paste from the last club roster, mmkay?

The Village Hidden in the Cliche Hero Plot-no-Jutsu

Sakura Haruno

Thar (Shut Up)

Aix-kun the grimdark deuteragonist

The Village Hidden in the Unimportance (nobody cares)

TGM

The Village Hidden in the First Arc

The Village Hidden in the Ghetto

The Village Hidden in History

The Village Hidden in the Sahara
Eclair/Benio Yonomori

Ene/Mami Tomoe

The Village Hidden in the Filler

The Village Hidden in Episode 92 (One True Village)

Mugendramon
DL

Konohamaruville

Mexico
Remo

Village Hidden in the Unruly Pubic Hair

Glitch

Village Hidden Amongst Shotas

Neph

Shotaro D. Gar

Village Hidden in Voluptuous Vinegar

Fusion X. Denver

BT

Dae

Village Hidden in the Hidden Village occupied by Hidden Ninjas Hiding Hidden Secret Techniques for Hiding

Mitcher the Idol Kidnapper

[/spoiler]

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sign me up for the village in episode 92. As the one true village.

And post count will never come back. I WILL NOT HAVE ANOTHER BLACK/ARM CASE OF POST COUNT INFLATION.

WELL YOU COULD ALWAYS JUST HIRE MORE MODS TO STRICTLY ENFORCE SPAM

how else am I supposed to increase my post count? GET INVOLVED IN TCG/RC/ANYTHING INVOLVING YUGIOH OR SOMETHING?

I guess I'll join something for once. I'll go for the village hidden in unimportance since that's how I feel here and in real life.

how else am I supposed to increase my post count? GET INVOLVED IN TCG/RC/ANYTHING INVOLVING YUGIOH OR SOMETHING?

I know that feel, bro.

I guess I'll join something for once. I'll go for the village hidden in unimportance since that's how I feel here and in real life.

It's tough being a shotacon

I know that feel, bro.

I KNOW IT'S BULLSHIT

Or hack the site, like the last guy who came to the same conclusion did. Either or, really.

I'd probably botch it and everybody would awkwardly know it was me but wouldn't want to embarrass me an further

The rules/village names are amusing though.

I AGREE

Sign me up.

ALREADY DONE. HOPE YOU LIKE CLICHES

Does it count if I haven't really watched Naruto too much, but I've seen a few here and there?

Nah it doesn't really matter. Just contribute sometimes.

Edit: Mugen you nigger

Well since schmugenz is refusing to make our posts matter might as well spam, right?

WHAT'S THE POINT RIGHT

Anyways, while we're waiting for everyone to join and get situated, might as well start our first topic. Anybody watching anything they like atm? I started Gintama not too long ago and it's pretty awesome.

Christ I have to say this club is very likely to be completely pointless. We do already have Anime and Sometimes Manga club, the Naruto Thread, and hell, even Jake's shitty hotel.

Unfortunately Remo, I'll need you to actually justify this being a thing.

WHY IT'S NOT LIKE I'LL GET ANY POINT INFLATION OUT OF THIS OR ANYTHING

Seriously though, the Naruto thread only exists for short term hype for the duration of the day a chapter is released, the Anime and Manga thread isn't as established a meeting place to joke with friends as Akatsuki is, and you really expect me to discuss anything of substance in Jake's shitty hotel?

Nothing other than Kill la Kill and Toonami.

Could Ragyo be any more of a freak? WHO TOUCHES THEIR DAUGHTER LIKE THAT. Also, I haven't been watching Toonami lately, although I probably should soon. I need to see dub!Space Dandy.

Kill la Kill is amazing, I'm also watching Phi Brain S3 atm, as well as Magi S2, as well as Sakura Trick, as well as Danshi Koukousei, as well as K-ON S2. as well as Minami-ke, as well as Koutoura-san!, as well as WataMote!, as well as Kiniro Mosaic, as well as Kuroko no Basket S2, as well as Noragami, as well as Chuunibyou Ren, iDOLM@STER, The World God Only Knows S2, Gurren Lagann, Nyaruko, Azumanga Daioh, and Shakugan no Shana S3.

Also, what Ragyo did was supposed to be a play on what "Junketsu" meant literally. It means purity, but also, it means chastity.

Kill la Kill is amazing,

Definitely, although that plot twist is making it difficult to discuss it in public without spoiler tags

I'm also watching Phi Brain S3 atm

What is the premise of Phi Brain? I remember being vaguely interested in it

, as well as Magi S2, as well as Sakura Trick, as well as Danshi Koukousei,

Never of these before xD Sakura Trick is a cardgame, right?

as well as K-ON S2. as well as Minami-ke, as well as Koutoura-san!,

[spoiler Yeah no I make it a statement that I don't watch moeshit]

1zami1.jpg

[/spoiler]

as well as WataMote!,

I WAS PLANNING ON WATCHING THIS

as well as Kiniro Mosaic, as well as Kuroko no Basket S2, as well as Noragami,

Back to stuff I don't know ;_;

as well as Chuunibyou Ren,

Right, I don't want to watch it, but everyone is telling me to, so I probably will. I've been wrong before.

iDOLM@STER,

This is going to sound embarrassing, but I don't actually really know what this is. I always hear about it, but I never act saw any of the source material. THEY EVEN MADE SKINS FOR THE JETS IN ACE COMBAT

The World God Only Knows S2,

I started S1 but I couldn't finish it. Might do it later if I can finish up my current backlog

Gurren Lagann,

Classic must watch etc. etc.

Nyaruko,

No idea what this is again

Azumanga Daioh,

Is it weird that I remember laughing to this, but not actually watching it? Either way it's on my list of must watch comedys

and Shakugan no Shana S3.

Again, no idea what this show is xD

Also, what Ragyo did was supposed to be a play on what "Junketsu" meant literally. It means purity, but also, it means chastity.

Okay but was the spanking necessary? I'M NOT COMPLAINING but it would've been pretty hard to explain if someone walked in

Actually all of Kill la Kill would be pretty hard to explain, but that moment takes the cake.

i know he knows that i know

what?

Well, just to explain, Phi Brain is like this god like status that can see the future and everything, but only a few people can manage to even have the potential to accomplish.

MCs are put through death puzzles, some have treasures, like millions of dollars, or rare things, etc etc. But if you fail, you die horribly.

But there's these things called Fool's Puzzles, which are just death puzzles, with nothing behind them. They are meant to trigger the Phi Brain by forcefully activating it to think in danger, etc.

There's these things called Orpheus Armlets, and they give incredible brain power and stuff and can let you practically near insta-solve puzzles, but to most, they corrupt the mind and make them more evil/darker/etc. Phi Brain is achieved with these.

That's basically it.

Main character is sorta like Yugi, believes in the voice of the puzzles and all, believes that all puzzles are good, just creators are bad (like the purpose the creator made it for, like death), etc etc, has a kick-ass girl, a tough sidekick guy, a brainy dude, a robot, a trap, and a few others.

I tried not to spoil too much, that's just general basics, so don't worry.

Archived