Akatsuki: We Need To Get Our Own Network Edition

Akatsuki Twitch Anime  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which anime should we watch first?

• Katanagatari
    • Berserk
    • Baka to Test
    • A Ghibli Movie (TBD)

Most of the fights are actually serious, but the two-three fights with this one person usually end up being perverted/jokes/etc.

So you should expect serious moments.

And the very last episode was sad for me.

Uh… I really don't know.

Oh, the stuff in there are like references to video game stuff, with like Atari, Wii, etc references.

Like Lowee, Rom, Ram, Peashy (PC), etc.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remo, this is not working out. The spam is strong in this one.

I'll help keep things in line.

[spoiler=Replies to people]

Well since schmugenz is refusing to make our posts matter might as well spam, right?

WHAT'S THE POINT RIGHT

Anyways, while we're waiting for everyone to join and get situated, might as well start our first topic. Anybody watching anything they like atm? I started Gintama not too long ago and it's pretty awesome.

CMON MAN LET'S SET AN EXAMPLE. WITH RIGHTEOUSNESS and some distance from the caps lock here and there >.>

Like Gar, Kill la Kill's been awesome every week. I'm just glad that the creators know what they wanted to do with it and didn't try ripping off Gurren Lagann much at all.

Could Ragyo be any more of a freak? WHO TOUCHES THEIR DAUGHTER LIKE THAT. Also, I haven't been watching Toonami lately, although I probably should soon. I need to see dub!Space Dandy.

Their bathing scene was weird...even for anime standards.

But then again, this is a weird anime. The main villain's hair is a rainbow.

Kill la Kill is amazing, I'm also watching Phi Brain S3 atm, as well as Magi S2, as well as Sakura Trick, as well as Danshi Koukousei, as well as K-ON S2. as well as Minami-ke, as well as Koutoura-san!, as well as WataMote!, as well as Kiniro Mosaic, as well as Kuroko no Basket S2, as well as Noragami, as well as Chuunibyou Ren, iDOLM@STER, The World God Only Knows S2, Gurren Lagann, Nyaruko, Azumanga Daioh, and Shakugan no Shana S3.

Also, what Ragyo did was supposed to be a play on what "Junketsu" meant literally. It means purity, but also, it means chastity.

Two friends of mine were watching Phi Brain, but they didn't like whatever happened in S3, so they stopped watching it. It's one of those series that looked kind of interesting to me, but that I couldn't really make time for.

I will say this though, Phi Brain has awesome openings.

Are you enjoying Chuunibyo Ren? I feel like it's a letdown compared to last season.

Thanks.

On-topic though, I have a limited anime list so pretty much watching the ones I like. Should find some new ones to watch [all of said stuff I like is continuing]. Should go watch RosaVam like I told myself to do a couple years ago.

- Watching XY (up to date with it, but waiting for subtitles; though I do need to rewatch 21-40 of Advanced Gen, some random parts of DP 2 and pretty much most of the GSC arc)

There's a friendly face. I'll tell you this, don't go for the R+V anime.

The manga is so much better and worth your time. It starts off meh/average, but then it picks up later and then it's just good stuff. Kinda like Negima in that regard.

The anime goes off into filler and fanservice, nothing of substance.[/spoiler]

Hyperdimension's the one where characters are based off of consoles, right? I never really thought those shows would have anything substantial, but maybe I'm wrong.

EDIT: Oh right, village.

Uh

Village Hidden in the Voluptuous Vinegar.

Chuunibyou Ren is okay, but the first season seemed so much more amazing.

I dunno, things just seem static in Ren. Like it's "just another" SoL instead of having interesting and meaningful development like the first one.

A sequel seemed iffy in the first place and now I feel like my fears were correct.

It's like watching a Naruto sequel where we see him filling out papers and keeping the village in order as Hokage, no one wants to see that.

Eh, why the f*ck not? I used to follow along with Naruto and I got far enough into Shippuden to be familiar with it, plus if I intend to go further, Crunchyroll is kind enough to have every episode at my disposal. Mwahahaa~!

Put me in the Village of Cliche Hero Plot-no-Jutsu. I'll be the most meta non-canon character here, being in the same village as Sakura. Y'all should be jealous.

Eh, why the f*ck not? I used to follow along with Naruto and I got far enough into Shippuden to be familiar with it, plus if I intend to go further, Crunchyroll is kind enough to have every episode at my disposal. Mwahahaa~!

Put me in the Village of Cliche Hero Plot-no-Jutsu. I'll be the most meta non-canon character here, being in the same village as Sakura. Y'all should be jealous.

I'll help keep things in line.

[spoiler=Replies to people]

CMON MAN LET'S SET AN EXAMPLE. WITH RIGHTEOUSNESS and some distance from the caps lock here and there >.>

Like Gar, Kill la Kill's been awesome every week. I'm just glad that the creators know what they wanted to do with it and didn't try ripping off Gurren Lagann much at all.

Their bathing scene was weird...even for anime standards.

But then again, this is a weird anime. The main villain's hair is a rainbow.

Two friends of mine were watching Phi Brain, but they didn't like whatever happened in S3, so they stopped watching it. It's one of those series that looked kind of interesting to me, but that I couldn't really make time for.

I will say this though, Phi Brain has awesome openings.

Are you enjoying Chuunibyo Ren? I feel like it's a letdown compared to last season.

There's a friendly face. I'll tell you this, don't go for the R+V anime.

The manga is so much better and worth your time. It starts off meh/average, but then it picks up later and then it's just good stuff. Kinda like Negima in that regard.

The anime goes off into filler and fanservice, nothing of substance.[/spoiler]

Hyperdimension's the one where characters are based off of consoles, right? I never really thought those shows would have anything substantial, but maybe I'm wrong.

EDIT: Oh right, village.

Uh

Village Hidden in the Voluptuous Vinegar.

Added

What's with all this talk about Chuunibyou Ren having more than one season? Am I missing something? Cause I only see 7 episodes.

As far as anime, I'm currently watching Chuunibyou, Kill la Kill, Engaged with the Identified, Tonari no Seki-kun, Strange+, and Onee-chan ga Kita.

I was originally watching 14 anime this season, but I ended up dropping 8. I only remember Pupa, Magical Warfare, Witch Craft Works, Hozuki no Reitetsu, Log Horizon, Nagi no Asukara, Nobunaga the Fool, Nobunagun, Soni-Ani, Hamatora, and Z/X Ignition.

Chuunibyou Ren is the 2nd season of Chuunibyou.

That's weird, cause the first season's not on Crunchyroll.

Chuunibyou Ren is okay, but the first season seemed so much more amazing.

That must set the bar high, because I'm really enjoying Ren so far.

The napping contest was f*cking GOLD.

I'm probably going to once again put just how much I am watching (only more because last time it was just what I started this season) but put me in oh I guess the first one.

That's weird, cause the first season's not on Crunchyroll.

That's weird, cause, http://www.crunchyroll.com/love-chunibyo-other-delusions

But yes, Crunchyroll got the second season first, which should generally be considered odd.

Yeah it seems more like a slice of life.
The new girl though seems interesting I guess, but there's nothing critical atm I see.

Eh, kind of. I guess. Maybe.

I dunno, I just missed the more serious side of the show from last season. And Rikka and Dekomori haven't balanced out chuunibyo and normalcy like they seemed they'd do at the end of the 1st season.

Duuuude read the manga, goes by faster, less filler, and it gets pretty good.

And uh, yeah, there's a whole other season before Chuu Ren. That is worth checking out.

I was originally watching 14 anime this season, but I ended up dropping 8. I only remember Pupa, Magical Warfare, Witch Craft Works, Hozuki no Reitetsu, Log Horizon, Nagi no Asukara, Nobunaga the Fool, Nobunagun, Soni-Ani, Hamatora, and Z/X Ignition.

I stepped back from this season, Log Horizon's the only one I've watched from those. And you were right to drop it, they haven't really done much that's interesting with its plot.

[spoiler=EDIT: Woops, I haven't been accepted yet. I'll just spoiler my comment or something until then. Or maybe, considering how long it is, keep it like that.]

D-Frag!, Seitokai Yakuindomo *,Engaged to the Unidentified, Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren, Nisekoi, Saki: Zenkouku-hen, Magical Warfare, Sakura Trick, Wake Up, Girls!, Tonari no Seki-kun, Z/X IGNITION, Nourin, The Pilot's Love Song, Pupipo!, Aikatsu!, Golden Time, Kingdom 2 (with only 1 ep left, it's time to hope for another season, but looks like it would be my first time hoping something gets over 100 episodes), Log Horizon, Magi: The Kingdom of Magic, Nagi no Asukara, Phi Brain S3 (This, I can't say I enjoy any less than the previous seasons, and I can't say that it hasn't technically been less repetitive, what with the one who seems like the definitive antagonist actually seeming like a different character than the last 2, no matter how awesome they are), Pokemon XY(dub), White Album.

This is leaving out anything with slow sub releases. Which is to say, Zexal and other kids anime. It was actually kinda helpful in some strange way to type all of this up... now I gotta catch up.
Bold is highly enjoying. Underlined is not enjoying all that much. Italics is anything I'm over 1 episode behind, but still, have no intention of dropping (I have my reasons for Golden Time, despite being underlined as well).

The thing I'm definitely gonna be starting next is Heartcatch Precure. (I may not have started this particular one just yet, but after just finishing GoGo, I can sure say it deserves being bolded)

The sequel includes "Heart Throb" in the title.

lol, ikr?

Eh, kind of. I guess. Maybe.

I dunno, I just missed the more serious side of the show from last season. And Rikka and Dekomori haven't balanced out chuunibyo and normalcy like they seemed they'd do at the end of the 1st season.

That is kinda what most people seemed to have a problem with, and why the second season is like that. Well, seems that way from what I've heard. But I agree. I actually find it pretty entertaining, but the first season was much better.

Log Horizon's the only one I've watched from those. And you were right to drop it, they haven't really done much that's interesting with its plot.

It's the kind of thing that it would never seem like it (especially after my dropping of Maoyuu), but I actually highly disagree, it has been very interesting. Most especially as of late.[/spoiler]

Duuuude read the manga, goes by faster, less filler, and it gets pretty good.

There's a reason why I don't read manga. It hurts my eyes, and unveiling the plot takes much more effort. When it comes to media, I'd rather have it happen for me instead of making it happen.

I stepped back from this season, Log Horizon's the only one I've watched from those. And you were right to drop it, they haven't really done much that's interesting with its plot.

Yeah, it started off pretty good, but it hardly progressed if at all to anything interesting.

I guess I might as well mention how far I am in Naruto as well. For the manga, I started getting behind (again) after I read ch 661. And the anime, I want to at least watch all the fillers (while they may not be heavily related to the main thing, the fillers are always entertaining for me because they're sometimes like their own anime), but I stopped after the Konoha History arc. I did this because I wanted to wait for the dub, since it was almost caught up with where I was when I finished that arc. But I haven't watched anymore since, what with being busy watching other stuff.

Woops, I haven't been accepted yet.

I'm pretty sure you're accepted as long as you mention what village you what to be in. That's how it was before, and it doesn't mention anything else besides to post your name here, but no one does that so you can post anyway (I see no reason for the spoiler you put your post in besides it being a little long).

I stopped at episode 78 in Shippuden (somewhere at start of Hidan/Kakuzu arc). Manga-wise, I'm up to date with latest.

Oh and at an earlier comment Fusion made some pages back, thanks. I'll just stick to reading the manga (guess I was right not to start watching it in 2011 or so when I made that resolution to do it).

Any anime/manga that you all recommend seeing?

Updated the list. Ene, I just kinda put you under Sahara if that's alright .-.

But yeah, with regards to Log Horizon, HOW IS IT ANYTHING OTHER THAN A SAO/ACCEL WORLD CLONE? Although I have to admit, I literally stopped just as it was getting good. The last episode I watched was the one where the People of the Land spies were reporting to their king about the new Round Table. Also isn't there that new show that's also set in a game world?

Also, between Gintama and Katawa Shoujo I haven't watched anything new, including the new Space Dandy episode ;____; I just want to be with my blind waifu

EDIT:

Chuunibyou S1 was just so amazing I can't even

If my heart can recover after KS then I might try. I SWEAR IF I GET A BAD ENDING I'M GOING TO GET DEPRESSED I'M SO EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN THIS GAME

Yeah so far the idea that some random answer that didn't really matter affecting the whole turn out of the game is proving to be a little stressful, so I hope all VNs aren't like that but whatever xD

Also I'm getting too attached, so I don't think I'll ever do more than one complete playthrough, whereas usually people play and pick different choices to see how things turn out.

In most VNs, more or less every choice means something, if I remember correctly.

I haven't played any personally, but I heard it from somewhere.

And the thing with VNs is IDK if I want to play multiple times, cause it feels like time traveling, but I want to see all the routes. ;-;

I want to play Katawa, but I heard it's an eroge, which (I don't mind), but people tend to be around my computer, so it would be sorta awkward.

Archived