Aqua-Force Mage

8umMJnj.jpg

Lore:
Level 3

WATER
Spellcaster

During either player's turn, when a monster's effect is activated: You send this card and 1 other card from your hand to the Graveyard, and if you do, negate that monster's effect until the End Phase and draw 1 card.

I'm trying to think how Mermails and Junk can somehow not get the Atlantean effects off of this. Any ideas?

I mean, it feels like it would do too much in a Mermail deck or I am just kinda dumb.

CnC and whatnot is appreciated.

One way is to not make it WATER.

Another way is what you are already doing here. The discard bits are not part of a cost but rather the start of the effect, and that won't trigger Atlanteans.

As for the card, I feel we have plenty of Effect Veilers and Fiendish Chains as it is.

Although this is not a Tuner, actually has some ATK/DEF, and can only be used with WATER monsters.

But this one thins the deck and can be used at any time.

I have very mixed feelings about it.

Btw, it's Level 4 in your description but Level 3 in the image.

During either player's turn, when a monster's effect is activated: You send this card and 1 other card from your hand to the Graveyard, and if you do, negate that monster's effect until the End Phase and draw 1 card.

^that's my OCG fix. And you should probably put the drawing effect before the negation effect, because some people might end up asking you if you draw on the End Phase or on the spot here.

One way is to not make it WATER.

Another way is what you are already doing here. The discard bits are not part of a cost but rather the start of the effect, and that won't trigger Atlanteans.

As for the card, I feel we have plenty of Effect Veilers and Fiendish Chains as it is.

Although this is not a Tuner, actually has some ATK/DEF, and can only be used with WATER monsters.

But this one thins the deck and can be used at any time.

I have very mixed feelings about it.

Btw, it's Level 4 in your description but Level 3 in the image.

During either player's turn, when a monster's effect is activated: You send this card and 1 other card from your hand to the Graveyard, and if you do, negate that monster's effect until the End Phase and draw 1 card.

^that's my OCG fix. And you should probably put the drawing effect before the negation effect, because some people might end up asking you if you draw on the End Phase or on the spot here.

Thanks!

I originally had it as a Level 4. XD

It doesn't have to be used with WATERs, though.

Will fix later.

It doesn't have to be used with WATERs, though.

'Cept that's what triggers Atlantean monsters, which goes back to the problem you mentioned in the OP, in the sense that you DON'T want it to do that.
So yes, if you want to fix that issue, then follow Sleepy's advice and make it anything but WATER.
That or DARK. Since I know some jackass is going to throw this in a deck with Veilers as well, and have 2 sets of Veilers but with opposing Attributes that lead to Chaos fodder.

'Cept that's what triggers Atlantean monsters, which goes back to the problem you mentioned in the OP, in the sense that you DON'T want it to do that.
So yes, if you want to fix that issue, then follow Sleepy's advice and make it anything but WATER.
That or DARK. Since I know some jackass is going to throw this in a deck with Veilers as well, and have 2 sets of Veilers but with opposing Attributes that lead to Chaos fodder.

But there's the other method. This doesn't trigger Atlanteans as long as that is not a "cost". Which means, after the WATER discard there is no semi-colon, so it's officially part of the resolution/effect.

But there's the other method. This doesn't trigger Atlanteans as long as that is not a "cost". Which means, after the WATER discard there is no semi-colon, so it's officially part of the resolution/effect.

At the time I made that post, it was still the original one.
Regardless, though, nice that he fixed it.

Thanks for all the help!

Reading through the comments I got lost somewhere. Does this need fixing or not? I haven't touched the thing since I got feedback. =D

Well updating the OP with proper OCG.

I may update the card but well laziness.

I would change the Type but then the name wouldn't make sense. =D

I don't think it needs to be edited because of Atlantean potential. You are worry-free of that as long as the discard is not before a semi-colon.

Also, making it not WATER means that you can't possibly recycle it with Salvage, or use another copy of it as discard fodder for it's effect.

Which the Salvage combo kinda sounds like BS, looking back on it.

Archived