Toxic Mire Pack: Venom Archetype Support

gmaster1991

This list of cards is meant to be part of the "Venom" archetype.  Unfortunately, after over 6 years since their introduction, no new cards were ever implemented for this archetype.  If there ever will be some new "Venom" cards coming out, they would probably look like these.  I put the idea of low stats and Venom Counters in mind for them.  All of the artworks have been taken from Google Images, Deviantart, etc.

Toxic Mire

[spoiler='Monsters']

IL6tnPr.jpg

Venom Mamba (TOMI-EN001)

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can send 1 Reptile-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard to place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster your opponent controls. You cannot Special Summon any monsters other than Reptile-type monsters during the turn you activate this effect.

This is that 'simple but reliable' type of monster you might see 3 copies of in any "Venom" deck.  Since 'Venom' monsters typically have low stats, this is the closest you could get to a Level 4 beatstick.  It mills a Reptile and can potentially weaken an enemy monster, so it's good for your opening move if you're going second and need to run over a 1900 or 2000 attacker.  It's also good to combine this with "Pot of Duality".  However, since milling a Reptile is a cost effect, you can't activate this effect if your opponent has no face-up monsters or has "Macro Cosmos" on the field.

01RjOQp.jpg

Venom Neonate (TOMI-EN002)

If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Venom" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Venom Neonate". You can only activate the effect of "Venom Neonate" once per turn.

Another monster that most "Venom" decks would run 3 of...  This is the primary searcher of the deck and it can be set off in many ways such as destruction, discarding, milling, Synchro Material, and so on.  Outside of its searching capabilities, this card's a Level 1 DARK Tuner with 0 ATK and DEF.  There are an absurd number of combinations that could work with this card such as "Limit Reverse", "Recurring Nightmare", etc.  It also gives the "Venom" archetype some much needed speed.  The "once per turn clause" had to be implented or else it would get abused by "Snake Rain".

43rluLM.jpg

Venom Coil (TOMI-EN005)

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can equip this card to a Reptile-Type monster you control as an Equip Card, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up Defense Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.) If this card was destroyed because the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle, place 1 Venom Counter on the monster that battled the monster equipped with this card. When a "Venom" monster is destroyed by battle, except "Venom Coil", you can discard 1 card to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

I know that Union Monsters have been largely forgotten in the metagame (except "Machina Gearframe"), but this one has some distinctions from other Union Monsters to make it usable.  It can revive itself from the Graveyard when a "Venom" monster is destroyed by battle to protect your Life Points and put a Venom Counter on a stronger enemy monster by equipping it to another "Venom" monster and then ramming your intended target.  It's also a good milling candidate at the start of a game.

GzF9aVp.jpg

Venom Shroud (TOMI-EN007)

When your opponent activates a card effect that would destroy 1 face-up "Venom" Spell Card on your side of the field, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), and if you do, negate that effect and you can place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster your opponent controls. You can only control 1 "Venom Shroud".

This makes a good 'hand trap' against that pesky "Mystical Space Typhoon" that's in every competitive deck ever made...  It's also a Level 3 Tuner, so it has some limited use if you don't have a face-up "Venom" Spell Card on the field anyway.

8TvryoD.jpg

Sludge Bomb (TOMI-EN010)

This monster can be Normal Summoned on your opponent's side of the field in Defense Position. When this card is destroyed by a card effect, place 2 Venom Counters on non-"Venom" monsters that were in a Monster Card Zone adjacent to this card.

Notice how this monster isn't a "Venom" monster like all the others?  While "Venom Swamp" weakens all non-"Venom" monsters, this card is more like a 'controlled detonation'.  You can Normal Summon this in face-up Defense Position on your opponent's field right next to their 1 or 2 most powerful monsters while "Venom Swamp" is active.  At the End Phase, this thing explodes and the monsters next to it get 2 Venom Counters in addition to the normal 1.  That's an instant -1500 ATK in one move!  Also, if you don't have "Venom Swamp" active or your opponent doesn't have monsters, this card is still a Level 2 DARK Tuner with 0 DEF.  However, since this card is not a "Venom" card, you can't search it with "Venom Neonate".

ID6gaVl.jpg

Venom Seraph (TOMI-EN013)

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: You can remove 2 Venom Counters from anywhere on the field to add 1 "Venom" card from your Deck to your hand.

This monster is an oddity among "Venom" monsters because it's a Spirit monster that removes Venom Counters instead of placing them.  Like "Venom Neonate", this card can search other "Venom" cards.  However, this card isn't stopped by "Soul Drain" or "Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror" and can be used for repeated +1's.  You can also use it to remove Venom Counters from your own non-"Venom" monsters.

SXhUqqY.jpg

Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes (TOMI-EN017)

(This card is always treated as a "Venom" card.)
Cannot be Special Summoned by another Effect Monster's effect. This card gains 500 ATK for each Reptile-Type monster in your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 other Reptile-Type monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card.

Last but not least, one of the two original boss monsters of the "Venom" archetype.  The only change is that it's now always treated as a "Venom" card, so it can be searched and the 'This card is unaffected by "Venom Swamp".' text was no longer necessary.  Notice the lack of '1st Edition' circulation, identical card number, and original creator name...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spells']

UiUK75S.jpg

Venom River (TOMI-EN006)

Each time a Venom Counter is placed on a monster, place 1 Venom Counter on this card. All non-"Venom" monsters lose 100 ATK for each Venom Counter on this card. Destroy a monster if its ATK becomes 0 by this effect.

This card works like a 'second "Venom Swamp"' because it also weakens monsters.  Unlike the actual Field Spell, you can have multiple of this card played simultaneously.  Even if "Venom Swamp" is removed from the field, this card can still weaken monsters.  This card stacks Venom Counters on itself to weaken all non-"Venom" monsters to the point that it can destroy weaker monsters the moment that they are summoned!

G3iAEaX.jpg

Venom Antidote (TOMI-EN011)

Remove all Venom Counters on a monster equipped with this card and gain 500 Life Points for each Venom Counter removed. If a Venom Counter(s) would be placed on the monster equipped with this card, gain 500 Life Points for each Venom Counter instead.

Much like "Venom Seraph", this card removes Venom Counters to gain Life Points instead of placing them.  A monster equipped with this card is essentially immune to "Venom Swamp" and continually allows you to gain Life Points.

ZvgMBdf.jpg

Venom Plague (TOMI-EN012)

When a "Venom" monster you control is destroyed by battle by a monster your opponent controls, you can send 1 Reptile-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard to place 1 Venom Counter on that monster.

This card can allow you to mill Reptiles and weaken enemy monsters by ramming "Venom" monsters into them.  Even if your opponent switches all of their monsters to Defense Position, this card will still make your opponent reluctant to attack.  However, like "Venom Mamba", milling a Reptile is considered a cost, so it won't work if "Macro Cosmos" is on the field.

SgeRK27.jpg

Venom Cell Regeneration (TOMI-EN015)

When a "Venom" monster(s) is destroyed, place 1 Venom Counter on this card. Once per turn, you can remove Venom Counters from anywhere on the field to Special Summon 1 "Venom" monster from your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the number of Venom Counters removed.

This is basically an alternate to "Viper's Rebirth" at first glance.  However, this card can potentially allow the continuous revival of "Venom Neonate" for more searching and Synchro Summons.  When combined with a "Venom Shroud", this card could potentially be a nightmare for your opponent!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Traps']
Jd2ApVh.jpg

Venom Trap Hole (TOMI-EN004)

When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s), place 1 Venom Counter on that monster(s) and change its battle position.

This is basically a "Venom" counterpart of "Trap Hole".  It can be used to neutralize an enemy attacker or render an enemy defender vulnerable.  Since it's a "Trap Hole" card, this can also be searched by most "Traptrix" monsters.

E06bsTK.jpg

Venom Injection (TOMI-EN016)

Target 1 "Venom" monster you control. Increase its ATK by 100 for every Venom Counter on the field until the End Phase. Also, if the targeted monster was a "Venomous" monster, you can destroy 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls.

Most "Venom" cards are used to weaken enemy monsters, but this is actually used to strengthen a "Venom" monster temporarily.  This could also be used as a pseudo-"Dust Tornado" if you have a "Venomous" monster.  By the way, "Venomous" monsters are "Venom" monsters that are originally in the Extra Deck.  They are listed in the tag below.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Extra Deck']

NF9ubgS.jpg

Venomous Python (TOMI-EN003)

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned and your opponent controls 1 or more monsters whose ATK is lower than their original ATK, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference between the original ATK and the current ATK of all monsters your opponent controls.

This is the first Extra Deck "Venom" monster.  They are called "Venomous" monsters instead of "Venom" monsters.  This card is best used to inflict a large amount of burn damage when your opponent controls multiple weakened monsters at the same time.  Since the Synchro Summon of this monster has no specific requirements, this can also be used as a generic Level 5 Synchro while you have "Burden of the Mighty" active.

v8vwlJK.jpg

Venomous Cobra (TOMI-EN008)

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Venom" monsters
When a Venom Counter is placed on a monster your opponent controls, draw 1 card. You can only activate the effect of "Venomous Cobra" once per turn.

One glance at this card is all you need here...  With "Venom Swamp" on the field, you can potentially get constant +1s every turn.  It's also a 'Synchro counterpart' to "Venom Cobra".

397G2eB.jpg

Venomous Basilisk (TOMI-EN009)

1 Reptile-type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, place 1 Venom Counter on all non-"Venom" monsters your opponent controls. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster with a Venom Counter(s) on it, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

This is one of the few monsters in the archetype that is strictly offensive.  It's good for tearing down enemy defenses and weakening many enemy monsters at once, but its stats are somewhat weaker than other Level 7 Synchro monsters.

GVjc5at.jpg

Venomous Ouroboros (TOMI-EN014)

2 Level 4 monsters
When this monster is Xyz Summoned, remove all non-Venom Counters from the field except Hyper-Venom Counters. Then, place a number of Venom Counters on any non-"Venom" monsters on the field equal to the number of non-Venom Counters removed by this card's effect. Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card, then remove any number of Venom Counters from the field to Special Summon any number of "Venom" monsters from your Graveyard whose combined levels equal the number of Venom Counters removed.

Here's the final "Venomous" card to introduce and it's easily the most absurd one.  When it's Xyz Summoned, all non-Venom Counters (except Hyper-Venom Counters) and lets you replace them with Venom Counters.  Naturally, this card is extremely situational.  If you have many Venom Counters on the field already, this card allows mass revival!  Without any counters, this card is basically useless...  Like "Venomous Python", this card has no specific requirements, so it can be sided against Spell Counter heavy decks.

[/spoiler]

There are 17 cards in this set in all!  Feel free to review!

I shall review and I hope you can check out my Golden Seas Archtype below 

Mamba I like you direction for this as a beatstick and the mill ability is very good and could be combined with Aliens and King of Feral Imps to be very good. 

With cards like Neonate you can run a Dark-World like Draw Engine....I like it it's very powerful and can be One for Oned. 

Coil Feels weak it should put Venom Counter whenever it leaves the field....it does not do anything besides protect your monster and life.....not strong enough in todays game. 

Shroud the name Flavor to me is off here but this card is VERY nice and has good power though I wish it was just Venom Spells instead of Face-Up Venom Spells 

Sludge Bomb can still be searched by King so just keep that in mind though this is very POWERFUL....like seriously a Borderline Lava Golem.

Separth is just so....good like seriously I would have like to have seen more cards like this in your set. 

Boss is weak and to me does not help with the set this thing should be doing one of these three things

1. Gaining Control of Monsters with a certain number of Venom Counter. 

2. Destroy Creatures with Venom Counters and inflict damage equal to the number Venom Counters on it

3. Become Creature Verison of Venom Swamp with a small effect.

Ouros is already a creatures name and it is slightly OP but...I think THAT's what would bring Venom Back OP cards to balance the scales a bit. 

Balisk flavor is SPOT ON great job and it's PL is right on the Llike great job.

Cobra is very good but The Flavor here is pretty but that does not matter in yugioh too much anyway. 

Python is very solid card in creature heavy decks. 

Injection is too weak up the ATK 

Hole should put 2-3 Counters and negate it's effects or this will most time be a total dead draw very weak.

River is amazing VERY VERY GOOD best card here.

Thoughts 

Venom Archetype is a parasitic set because it relies on what your opponent does which is why sets like these suffer horribly in meta. Most time all they will have on the field is one or two monsters not 4-5 which would dampen the effects of your cards. Plus they can not protect themselves and have low atk. 

I shall review and I hope you can check out my Golden Seas Archtype below 

Mamba I like you direction for this as a beatstick and the mill ability is very good and could be combined with Aliens and King of Feral Imps to be very good. 

With cards like Neonate you can run a Dark-World like Draw Engine....I like it it's very powerful and can be One for Oned. 

Coil Feels weak it should put Venom Counter whenever it leaves the field....it does not do anything besides protect your monster and life.....not strong enough in todays game. 

Shroud the name Flavor to me is off here but this card is VERY nice and has good power though I wish it was just Venom Spells instead of Face-Up Venom Spells 

Sludge Bomb can still be searched by King so just keep that in mind though this is very POWERFUL....like seriously a Borderline Lava Golem.

Separth is just so....good like seriously I would have like to have seen more cards like this in your set. 

Boss is weak and to me does not help with the set this thing should be doing one of these three things

1. Gaining Control of Monsters with a certain number of Venom Counter. 

2. Destroy Creatures with Venom Counters and inflict damage equal to the number Venom Counters on it

3. Become Creature Verison of Venom Swamp with a small effect.

Ouros is already a creatures name and it is slightly OP but...I think THAT's what would bring Venom Back OP cards to balance the scales a bit. 

Balisk flavor is SPOT ON great job and it's PL is right on the Llike great job.

Cobra is very good but The Flavor here is pretty but that does not matter in yugioh too much anyway. 

Python is very solid card in creature heavy decks. 

Injection is too weak up the ATK 

Hole should put 2-3 Counters and negate it's effects or this will most time be a total dead draw very weak.

River is amazing VERY VERY GOOD best card here.

Thoughts 

Venom Archetype is a parasitic set because it relies on what your opponent does which is why sets like these suffer horribly in meta. Most time all they will have on the field is one or two monsters not 4-5 which would dampen the effects of your cards. Plus they can not protect themselves and have low atk. 

So, basically what you're saying is that some of the cards are very powerful and others are useless in the metagame, right?  I only have one thing to say about "Venom Shroud":  If it could simply protect "Venom" Spells instead of face-up "Venom" spells and it was activated to protect a face-down "Venom" Spell, wouldn't that Spell have to be revealed to the opponent to prove it was a Spell.  (There are no Quick-Play "Venom" Spells to put face-down.)  And sure, I'll check out your Golden Seas!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I stumbled across this during some internet searching for some cards to use in a yugioh live action I am associated with. I found this and thought they would be great cards and I was wondering if, with your permission of course, I could use and make new cards for this set. I already liked the archetype and was excited when I saw the title and I was not let down at all. In every episode that they are in we would put your name and give you credit in the description if that's what you would like as well. Thank you for your time ~ Poison

Hey I stumbled across this during some internet searching for some cards to use in a yugioh live action I am associated with. I found this and thought they would be great cards and I was wondering if, with your permission of course, I could use and make new cards for this set. I already liked the archetype and was excited when I saw the title and I was not let down at all. In every episode that they are in we would put your name and give you credit in the description if that's what you would like as well. Thank you for your time ~ Poison

I never heard of 'Yu-Gi-Oh! Live Action' before.  Is that a fan-made film?  Regardless, you have my permission to use these cards.  After all, they are here for people to enjoy, so why not?  I've always wondered how they could be used in the metagame.  Whoever is using these cards might want to also put in some MSTs in their deck for "Dimensional Prison" or "Macro Cosmos" though.  Just in case...

Also, the card art is not mine.  I got them all off of the internet and I don't know who the artists are exactly (except Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes).

The artwork itself I would probably either make myself or hire someone to make considering I've found a few archetype or archetype adjustments I enjoy. And to answer what Yugioh Live Action Is, their are multiple live actions on YouTube. They are fan made series made using real people hence the name. I'm in a Skype group that's about 2-4 different live actions and the one I'm in I under development. Videos will start being posted once scripts/duels/actors are finished. It's not garunteed that any fan cards will be used yet, but I would like to have options for the "enemy" to use to keep things interesting. In an episode that had your cards in it would you a link to your profile suffice as credit? I would also like to suggest possible errotas you could make to some card deceptions.

My suggested errotas would be:

Venom Mamba:
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can send 1 Reptile-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard to place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster your opponent controls. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect except Reptile type monsters.

Or you could get even more specific and say Venom monsters instead of reptile

Venom Coil:
Give it some kind of cost to return it the field like remove one of your venoms from the grave or discard one from the hand or something like that.

My suggested errotas would be:

Venom Mamba:
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can send 1 Reptile-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard to place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster your opponent controls. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect except Reptile type monsters.

Or you could get even more specific and say Venom monsters instead of reptile

Venom Coil:
Give it some kind of cost to return it the field like remove one of your venoms from the grave or discard one from the hand or something like that.

That was actually my original idea for Venom Mamba.  I had to change it to 'cannot Special Summon' in general because Venom Ouroboros could just abuse this...  (Normal Summon Venom Mamba to mill Venom Neonate for a +1, Xyz Summon Venom Ouroboros with Venom Mamba and another Level 4 monster, use the effect of Venom Ouroboros to instantly revive Venom Neonate by removing the one Venom Counter you placed with Venom Mamba to +1 again on your opponent's turn or your next turn.)

As for Venom Coil...  Actually, that sounds like a good idea.  Since any good Venom deck would have 3 Venom Neonates, there are plenty of opportunities for +1s (especially if you discard Venom Neonate itself for Venom Coil's effect).  I'm changing the errata to force a discard cost as we speak.

The reason why I suggest that for mamba is because it's still nothing compared to some other over powered monsters in the meta even with what I said because look at the new raccoon monster and the Bujins and firefists that just spam and summon so this wouldn't be that bad it would still be easily over come by other cards such as Hieratics popping a monster, Fire fists over powering, Artifacts steal or just destroy, and Lightsworns is just soooo much Judgment so in reality yes it is an effect you can take advantage of, but in the current meta without at least one effect such as that then it would just get ran over. And plus Ourborus is already over powered with the new ability in your cards to quickly gather counters then combined with Rain of Snakes which is just plain send snakes to grave the summon which ever ones you want so if you were looking for some limit then I would suggest an errata that instead

The reason why I suggest that for mamba is because it's still nothing compared to some other over powered monsters in the meta even with what I said because look at the new raccoon monster and the Bujins and firefists that just spam and summon so this wouldn't be that bad it would still be easily over come by other cards such as Hieratics popping a monster, Fire fists over powering, Artifacts steal or just destroy, and Lightsworns is just soooo much Judgment so in reality yes it is an effect you can take advantage of, but in the current meta without at least one effect such as that then it would just get ran over. And plus Ourborus is already over powered with the new ability in your cards to quickly gather counters then combined with Rain of Snakes which is just plain send snakes to grave the summon which ever ones you want so if you were looking for some limit then I would suggest an errata that instead

Hmm...  Good point.  All right then!  You've convinced me.  I'll get right on it.

Cool I personally think this set is missing just one card... Something to add a bit more flare and set it apart and give people a reason to use this instead of meta decks but I can't quiet put my finger on what it needs.....

What could this set possibly be missing? They've got a searcher, they've got a "hand-trap" monster, they use Venom Counters in a variety of ways, they've got Extra Deck options, and they're all Reptiles.  I don't know what else I need to add...

I don't know it just feels like they are missing the big boom the makes them omniscient and gives them options I mean look at how konami makes cards now. They release archetypes were you have 1000's of combinations and ways to use and this feels kinda one wayed it's just missing one or two cards something to add customization you get what I mean?...

I don't know it just feels like they are missing the big boom the makes them omniscient and gives them options I mean look at how konami makes cards now. They release archetypes were you have 1000's of combinations and ways to use and this feels kinda one wayed it's just missing one or two cards something to add customization you get what I mean?...

You could probably use cards that already exist to make up the rest of the Deck.  "Offerings to the Snake Deity" can target "Venom Neonate" to destroy 2 of your opponent's cards and search 1 of your own.  Traptrix monsters can search "Venom Trap Hole".  "Rivalry of Warlords" can be sided or even mained since all of these monsters are Reptiles.  "Damage = Reptile" can Special Summon "Venom Neonate" from the Deck for a +1.  "Masked Chameleon" and "Limit Reverse" can revive "Venom Neonate" from the grave.  "Return From the Dark Dimension" can revive "Venom Neonate" if it's banished.

Actually, most of these combos usually work with "Venom Neonate".

Also, you may consider simply using some Deck staples such as "Dark Hole", "Mystical Space Typhoon", "Compulsory Evacuation Device", and so on to fill your Deck.

Yes but all those cards are general staples (and yes I've seen people staple traptrix monsters) and general staples are just cards you can swap in and out of decks it's not a completely new engine. I really can't think of a new engine for this. Like hieratics have chaos, synchro, dragon ruler, and xyz engines. Lightsworns have an uncountable amount of engines. Gimmick Puppets have Machina engine, Darkworld engine, etc. So many things have multiple engines the only thing about this is it doesn't seem to have an ability to have a different engine while it does have some pretty cool stapls that's not that great. This archetype (with these cards) is already great but it just doesn't seem as customizable

Ah, now I get what you mean.  This was never meant to be a brand new engine from the beginning, though.  I made Venom cards mainly because after over 6 years, there have never been any new ones.  Players would be forced to merge Venom cards with either Worm or Reptilianne to have a complete Deck.  Honestly, that felt kind of sad...  Other archetypes were getting updated all the time, but Venom wasn't.  With these cards, it is at least possible to make a pure-Venom Deck run competitively.

(Now that I think about it, a competitive pure-Venom Deck with these custom cards would be quite new when compared to attempting to make a competitive pure-Venom Deck with only real life cards.)

Well no I didn't mean these need to be a brand new engine I more or less meant that there needs to be a card or two that allows it to be ran with other archetypes and still accomplish the same thing but faster or more effectively

You mean like cards that work with all Reptile-type monsters so that they would not only work with "Venom" monsters, but "Alien", "Worm", etc.  Right?

• 10 months later...

Hey these look pretty good. I'm not really sure which are my favorite I like ouroboros, coil, bomb, shroud... man like I said , I like them all.

I have some Venom Support cards I thought up off too If you want you can see them here http://yugico.com/user/25871-Skeletor/card/66941-The_Second_Strainor I can upload then to another reply. not all of them have pictures though,

Hey these look pretty good. I'm not really sure which are my favorite I like ouroboros, coil, bomb, shroud... man like I said , I like them all.

I have some Venom Support cards I thought up off too If you want you can see them here http://yugico.com/user/25871-Skeletor/card/66941-The_Second_Strainor I can upload then to another reply. not all of them have pictures though,

Thanks!  :)

Archived