Yugioh Custom Card Database

Sleepy

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just occurred to me that Mystical Rebirth could be problematic, if we ever make something with an effect around having low Life Points.

Yeah I said that to him in the previous page when he posted it.

Though I added it up for discussion anyways.

There's more than just one card that needs work done.

Mystical Rebirth needs to not be able to go over the payment of the ATK, needs to target, and needs to choose an activation timing because even with all those things it's kinda cheap.

Im kinda curious. What do you guys think of this? XD

6dP3eBF.jpg

When this card is successfully Tribute Summoned, you can discard 1 card from your hand to select and remove from play 1 card from your Deck. Add the selected card to your hand during your 2nd Standby Phase after this effect was activated. When this card attacks a monster your opponent controls, you can discard any number of cards to increase this card's ATK by an amount equal to the number of discarded cards x100, during the Damage Step only. During the End Phase of the turn this effect was activated, you can draw 1 card from your Deck.

And tbh, Angel, half of the reason Im joinin this is cuz you made it, and you dont really make clubs often sooo its like...surprising xD

And because I figured Id rather some of my old balanced cards XD

Im kinda curious. What do you guys think of this? XD

6dP3eBF.jpg

When this card is successfully Tribute Summoned, you can discard 1 card from your hand to select and remove from play 1 card from your Deck. Add the selected card to your hand during your 2nd Standby Phase after this effect was activated. When this card attacks a monster your opponent controls, you can discard any number of cards to increase this card's ATK by an amount equal to the number of discarded cards x100, during the Damage Step only. During the End Phase of the turn this effect was activated, you can draw 1 card from your Deck.

And tbh, Angel, half of the reason Im joinin this is cuz you made it, and you dont really make clubs often sooo its like...surprising xD

And because I figured Id rather some of my old balanced cards XD

To start with. I think "Tribute Summoned" + "discard" make it fair enough, for a Gold Sarcophagus.

Having to discard 2 or 3 cards to match the typical 2500 ATK beater in the IRL game sounds kinda lame, and only during Battle Phase..... though the idea of "activate so you can draw" makes it kinds fun to try.

I don't really have complains on this one.

XD

IRL this would do badly, but I think its a pretty fun card in concept.

its a gold sarcophagus monster that allows you to also discard cards to have it be abit stronger xD Doesnt mean MUCH but sometimes that 100 or 200 atk is all you need XP

XD

IRL this would do badly, but I think its a pretty fun card in concept.

its a gold sarcophagus monster that allows you to also discard cards to have it be abit stronger xD Doesnt mean MUCH but sometimes that 100 or 200 atk is all you need XP

Totally not influence that your last deck was discard oriented (Fabled... although they are surprisingly picky on what is good to discard them)

I'll add it.

You could remove my Frostburn card from the OP if you wanted, since it's just a silly example.

Also, would you only really consider cards an Archetype if they have effects that only work with cards of their corresponding name?

Well, that's pretty much my definition of archetype, but I also would cover something along the lines of "Level 4 or lower LIGHT Winged Beast-Type Tuner Normal Monster-only" support to not be a thing this early.

If you know what I mean.

I wanna put Battle Packs as an example of what I have in mind, but it's not exactly that. Not so much being able to play with whatever you pull. Instead, just having cards being able to have more than just a specific use.

Also, I'm not exactly "banning" the making of archetypes on themselves, I just want to say don't fill this with something like the latest GX packs where you had CB only support and Evil HERO only support, and all these really enclosed themes of "Konami builds it for you". Remember it's supposed to be a pack zero.

As for your card. I could take it down if you want to. I mean, it's your card even if it was just an example.

At the very least, I could change it to written format since it's actually more bothersome to have the image when updating the OP. I'm gonna definitely do that for both of DL's cards in the OP.

XD

But its not as prettyyyy

Makes sense though. And also...maybe at some point, after we have like 20 or 30 cards, we can all create a few archtype cards and we can add the ones that are the best archtypes. 

I have one in mind.

XD

One I created a long time ago

Theyre kinda interesting

BOuqJdB.jpg ALYmgwP.jpg

vkCCls5.jpgnuvBkzb.jpg

8WEUTQm.jpg XM95hnP.jpg

Kinda like that

I had some interesting mechanics actually...planned

Might show it to you guys later, like my Negative heroes

Nothing too big though xD

XD
But its not as prettyyyy

Makes sense though. And also...maybe at some point, after we have like 20 or 30 cards, we can all create a few archtype cards and we can add the ones that are the best archtypes. 

I have one in mind.

XD

One I created a long time ago

Theyre kinda interesting

Kinda like that

I had some interesting mechanics actually...planned

Might show it to you guys later, like my Negative heroes

Nothing too big though xD

The finished work yeah, but the spoiler at the OP is "cards up for discussion". I'll make them officially enrolled after a little while if I see no one in the club complains about them or has nothing to say about them. Not that officially placing them as cards in the booster will prevent them from further getting updated in the future, but still.

And uhh.... sorry, too oddly specific for a base booster. If other club members argue that it's fine I'll listen to opinions, but as for right now. It's exactly what I don't wanna take from the concept of archetypes.

So I won't add those ones, at least now.

Sounds ok XP

Lets see what else I can dig up thats pretty neat....

5ZkQbmX.jpg

ooh, I like this one. She is like...a neat surprise. Because you can basically play Spellbinding circle from your hand.

Might be a bit underpowered due to the drawbacks though......

Yea, go ahead and delete my example from the OP. That one was meant to be expanded on, but I don't want to that just yet.
But anyway...

How about these:
phVYZc7.jpg

If this card declares an attack, you can Discard 1 card: This card gains 800 ATK during the Damage Step only. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can Special Summon 1 "Skull Head Grappler" from your hand or Deck in face-up Defense Position. This card can only be used as a Synchro Material monster, for the Synchro Summon of a "Skull Head" monster.

B5pKJhI.jpg

"Skull Head Grappler" + 1 DARK monster.
If this card is Synchro Summoned, you can Target 1 Spell/Trap card on the field: Destroy it. The opponent must control at least 2 Spell/Trap cards to activate and resolve this effect. This effect of "Skull Head Hook-Hand" can only be activated once per turn. If the opponent declares a direct attack with a monster with 2000 or more ATK, you can Special Summon this card(from your Graveyard). If this card is Special Summoned in this way, this card cannot be destroyed by battle, and is Banished during the End Phase.

And no, I don't plan to make more 'Skull Head' Synchros.

Either way, I'm just going to question and/or fix cards that end up being busted-like.

Armadilloz: The Tuner sounds very fun. There's a card in the OP still in development that Special Summons a copy of itself in Defense Position from the deck when sent to the Graveyard, I think it was a Level 3 with 1200 ATK. That means this skull can discard(Summon) a monster, hit with 2000, bring a copy of the Tuner, and Synchro Summon into your Synchro, while leaving another Skeleton on the field.

As for the Synchro, I like the way it is S/T removal, but the more your opponent plays, the biggest chance there is for it to kick off.

Though the reviving effect + battle protection is probably above standards, even for a specific Tuner requirement.

DL:
It's nice but, not a real surprise that your opponent can read it's effect xD
Also, Spellbiniding Circle doesn't exist in this environment unless someone wants to create it.

From my project.

[URL=http://s898.photobucket.com/user/Deraj_2010/media/MulligansVortex_zps55bb5e0a.jpg.html]MulligansVortex_zps55bb5e0a.jpg[/URL]

Mulligan's Vortex

Shuffle 1 face-up monster you control and your hand into your Deck, draw 5 cards, then Special Summon 1 monster from your hand (if there are no monsters on your hand, reveal your hand to your opponent, then shuffle your hand into your Deck and draw 5 cards. You must do this until you have a monster in your hand that can be Summoned.)

Card's white cuz I was making "generic" S/Ts white.

That card would definitely be broken by today's standards.

In a card game with no cardpool yet, it can't be abused though, but it's still gonna be harsh on future card design, or even in more "present" terms, if enough swarm and whatnot becomes available, this card is a big +.

You start your turn, set 2+ cards in the backrow, Summon something, if that something has a Special Summon effect of some sort (which someone is ought to do in this thread eventually) you refresh your hand while keeping the field.

Not to mention you can Summon any Level of monsters with it.

In my humble opinion, 3 would be a more tactful number, assuming this format will shape-up slow enough to allow options in hand to remain for a while.

But before anything else, I'm interested/curious in why your project has the card in white. =D

And some background on how the effect came to be as it is.

I'll take it.

*Pulls it to the OP*

I don't think that one even needs discussion xD

I we can start building something around her. Not like Dark Magician's support but, something that happens to make her flow well somehow.

Also, Angel...you mean somethin like Gagagigo?

I meant it sort of like what Dinno Rabbit did for those vanillas. Except not so problematic for the game, just giving it as a general idea of the kind of support I'd have in mind..... IMO.

That card would definitely be broken by today's standards.

In a card game with no cardpool yet, it can't be abused though, but it's still gonna be harsh on future card design, or even in more "present" terms, if enough swarm and whatnot becomes available, this card is a big +.

You start your turn, set 2+ cards in the backrow, Summon something, if that something has a Special Summon effect of some sort (which someone is ought to do in this thread eventually) you refresh your hand while keeping the field.

Not to mention you can Summon any Level of monsters with it.

In my humble opinion, 3 would be a more tactful number, assuming this format will shape-up slow enough to allow options in hand to remain for a while.

But before anything else, I'm interested/curious in why your project has the card in white. =D

And some background on how the effect came to be as it is.

____

The project is basically remaking the pre-GX era cards from scratch, so this is a remake of Monster Recovery based on the manga version.

The SS effect was due to a potential future fanfic using a combination of the Duel Disk v1 rules where you always have 1 monster out and the maximum number is cards in the hand is 5, and Duelist Kingdom's field zones.

MSE had a special template that comes with custom frames and Attributes, so I went for a MtG/Kaijudo/Gundam War thing for the cards, the colors representing the field the monster operates in. White is for "neutral" cards.

As for the card, I could make it shuffle your whole field into the deck instead of 1 monster, and give the opponent a free draw each additional time you mulligan.

I meant it sort of like what Dinno Rabbit did for those vanillas. Except not so problematic for the game, just giving it as a general idea of the kind of support I'd have in mind..... IMO.

Dinno what? XD

Cards based on supporting that girl, then?

Got a nice big boss card xD

Vwi9hm1.jpg

When you Tribute Summon this card, you can destroy 1 face-up monster whose original ATK is lower than this half of card's ATK. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, inflict 300 damage to your opponent. During your End Phase, you must pay 300 Life Points to keep this card on the field.

Archived