Yugioh Custom Card Database

Sleepy

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

____

The project is basically remaking the pre-GX era cards from scratch, so this is a remake of Monster Recovery based on the manga version.

The SS effect was due to a potential future fanfic using a combination of the Duel Disk v1 rules where you always have 1 monster out and the maximum number is cards in the hand is 5, and Duelist Kingdom's field zones.

MSE had a special template that comes with custom frames and Attributes, so I went for a MtG/Kaijudo/Gundam War thing for the cards, the colors representing the field the monster operates in. White is for "neutral" cards.

As for the card, I could make it shuffle your whole field into the deck instead of 1 monster, and give the opponent a free draw each additional time you mulligan.

That'd make sense for the old Kaiba duel disks.

I've got to say, I'm also guilty of altering stuff like that in my secret projects. For example, I have a chart with which all Types have a set list of other Types that are "weak" and "strong" against them (like in Pokemon), and another for Attributes, among other things....

I'm getting lost on my own talk.... moving on:

That'd follow the flavor well since you are re-shuffling everything, and assuming you need at least 1 card in hand and 1 on field to use this, It'd still be a +2 with potentially a big monster on, but it's more reasonable than before.

I think it maybe should have a limit to it though. You could easily make a deck with like, 1 or 2 monsters and some searching Spells, just so you could keep the Mulligan in hopes of your opponent being closer to decking out.

Also, about vanillas...

We should avoid vanillas as much as possible.

They really have nothing to offer unless they're Level 4 2000+'s, with or without support.

Probably.... or being Tuners.

I made a private custom format where Vanillas was what was needed instead of Tuners for Synchro Summons.... but I don't think we'll do that here.

Also, about vanillas...

We should avoid vanillas as much as possible.

They really have nothing to offer unless they're Level 4 2000+'s, with or without support.

Im gonna go ahead and disagree with you on one thing.

They DO offer a lot.

Some of the vanillas are a LOT more memorable than some of the current monsters. Some of them have complex stories, or just interesting ones that make you curious to know more.

Also not everything has to have an effect

dkllggz.jpg

FLIP: Select one monster on the field. Decrease the selected monster's attack by 1200. If a monster's attack is brought to 0 by this effect, it is destroyed. If you control a face-up Rose of Thorns, the targeted monster can't attack or change battle positions until your opponent's next End Phase.

Dinno what? XD

Cards based on supporting that girl, then?

Got a nice big boss card xD

Vwi9hm1.jpg

When you Tribute Summon this card, you can destroy 1 face-up monster whose original ATK is lower than this half of card's ATK. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, inflict 300 damage to your opponent. During your End Phase, you must pay 300 Life Points to keep this card on the field.

The first line is rather confusing. But I guess it destroys a monster with 1400 or less ATK under no other ATK modifiers' influence.

The pay is not necessary.

I'll take the card and update the OP

Which I haven't updated the OP beyond the first 6 cards. Kinda have been moving too much xD
I'll get around to that, don't worry.....

Im gonna go ahead and disagree with you on one thing.

They DO offer a lot.

Some of the vanillas are a LOT more memorable than some of the current monsters. Some of them have complex stories, or just interesting ones that make you curious to know more.

Also not everything has to have an effect

dkllggz.jpg

FLIP: Select one monster on the field. Decrease the selected monster's attack by 1200. If a monster's attack is brought to 0 by this effect, it is destroyed. If you control a face-up Rose of Thorns, the targeted monster can't attack or change battle positions until your opponent's next End Phase.

There's a reason for that. Among other things, the slow ways of the game in the past allowed for that Defense Position Celtic Guardian to stay there.

Now, It's not such a hard feat to Summon 2 to 4 monsters for a Synchro/Xyzs Summon.

Monsters nowadays can still be memorable, but you can't really compare a monster that sat there for a few turns with a bunch of monsters that swarmed up to be used for the only monster that really mattered. There's just more screen-time.

And I'm saying that while admitting, I'm a big fan of vanillas and want vanillas to find a use because I have more fun supporting vanillas in my decks lately than other strategies., but if the general opinion says it's gonna push the project back, well.. yeah. I see where their arguments are coming from.

finally decided that I have to make something

Us4ZYlj.jpg

Cannot be Special Summoned by card effects. You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. If you do, its original ATK becomes 1100. When this card is Summoned: Place 1 Sword Counter on this card (max. 1). While this card has a Sword Counter on it, it gains 700 ATK and cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can remove 1 Sword Counter from this card; destroy 1 card on the field. During each of your opponent's End Phase, if this card is in face-up Attack Position: Place 1 Sword Counter on this card.

Just deleted the FIRE/WATER monster upon Armadilloz's request.

Sorry everyone that I've been talking for a while about updating the OP, but this is just moving so fast, and between this place, IRL, and PMs I haven't had the chance to be up to speed. I'll go back to the previous page to see what pending cards I have overall.

Also, I think I'll start posting them with image and all. The written cards will have a note that they are written outside the spoiler. Since the pic ones are gonna become more common (and are more fun to watch and work from to be honest... only a bit of a pain to scroll down to update).

Sooo once again, if someone could kindly teach me what the secret to link to specific posts in the middle of the page are, I could go easier on the OP.

1] It'll be a case-by-case scenario, and there'll be continuous effect here and there, but OPT clauses are a wonderful thing. Especially the latest kind that prevents it from being used off of another copy or the same card re-played into the field. I have to agree that we have to keep a close eye on these things.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that such "rule" wouldn't apply to Continuous Effects (for obvious reasons), nor forbids them.

Anyway, a lot of things happened on the thread while I was away. I will catch up and maybe make a comment or two on a card(s) in the OP later.

Protototype Mk-2

Level 4/EARTH/Machine/Effect

While this card is in your Deck, its name is treated as "Protototype". Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle.

0/1750

Moar Prototo Support. Probably all for this set though.

LsULe4E.jpg

Bird Solider

Level 3/WIND/Winged Beast/Effect

When a Winged Beast-Type monster you control is targeted for an attack, you can Tribute this card you control: Destroy the attacking monster.

1000/700

eaVzpYE.jpg

Crazy Crazy Cuckoo

Level 3/WIND/Winged Beast/Tuner

If this card is face-up during your Standby Phase search your Deck for 1 Level 4 or lower Winged Beast-Type monster and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position.

200/1300

gzbmhpm.jpg

Bird Princess

Level 6/WIND/Winged Beast/Synchro/Effect

1 WIND Tuner monster + 1 or more WIND non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned increase the ATK and DEF of all WIND monsters by 500, except this card.

2300/1800

AZdK3Kv.jpg

Bird Gardna

Level 4/WIND/Winged Beast/Effect

FLIP: Add 1 "Bird Princess" from your Deck to your hand.

0/1900

Ok, it was hard but, I'm done.

All 16 card prospects for the base made so far are now incorporated into the OP.

Feel free to see them and give your opinions on them.

I'll confess I haven't seen them up close yet, so I am yet to make a full picture of what we just made.

Also, I'm yet to put a card of my own there. Still need to think about it myself.

EDIT:

I'll go rest a little bit before I add those cards in the above post to the OP. One of which I need to change from the "written card" version I originally posted.

*clears sweat*

I also feel that the images for Protective Thorns and Cybernetic Gunner are pushing it a little.

EDIT:

Odd Plant

Continuous Trap

Special Summon this card in Defense Position as an Effect Monster (Plant-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 1000). (This card is also still a Trap Card.) This card cannot attack.

Yeah, kind of.... TBH I also thought that.

Though DL will be absent for about 4 days, so he won't be updating it for a while due to his situation.

I guess I could place a warning for the picture on them.... or temporarily take them down and put them on hold.... What do you think I should do?

I mean, the Thorn cards are fine to me, but I see your point in Gunner.

Armadilloz: The Tuner sounds very fun. There's a card in the OP still in development that Special Summons a copy of itself in Defense Position from the deck when sent to the Graveyard, I think it was a Level 3 with 1200 ATK. That means this skull can discard(Summon) a monster, hit with 2000, bring a copy of the Tuner, and Synchro Summon into your Synchro, while leaving another Skeleton on the field.

As for the Synchro, I like the way it is S/T removal, but the more your opponent plays, the biggest chance there is for it to kick off.
Though the reviving effect + battle protection is probably above standards, even for a specific Tuner requirement.

I, somehow, missed that card in the OP.
As for the Synchro; I was attempting to make a Gorz-like card out of it. Basically I removed the whole mind-game aspect to it, and made it situational to set-off, as well as giving you something that would likely block off that whole Battle Phase, if given the right scenario. Also, the Spell/Trap removal; You are aware of the fact it only hits 1 card, and only if the opponent has at least 2. So it's not as randomly mindless as something like Typhoon tends to be.
Regardless, I'm still sticking to my word and likely just going to dedicate my time to helping out if the card balance goes crazy.

I, somehow, missed that card in the OP.
As for the Synchro; I was attempting to make a Gorz-like card out of it. Basically I removed the whole mind-game aspect to it, and made it situational to set-off, as well as giving you something that would likely block off that whole Battle Phase, if given the right scenario. Also, the Spell/Trap removal; You are aware of the fact it only hits 1 card, and only if the opponent has at least 2. So it's not as randomly mindless as something like Typhoon tends to be.
Regardless, I'm still sticking to my word and likely just going to dedicate my time to helping out if the card balance goes crazy.

I know it only destroys one when there are 2+. That's what I like so much about the effect. When I started this topic I had the idea that:

S/T removal (and card removal in general) must be kept to a minimum. We don't want something like Hornet from 2012 to be a thing (at least I don't xD ) BUT it needs to exist so that players don't have to necessarily grind through everything the opponent sets. That's also the other side of the coin of potential issues.

This Synchro does exactly that. Keeps removal to a minimum, and only does it if the opponent has more than 1 backrow.

Though I did get that you wanted to Gorz, Gorz's good point is that it saves you that turn from the OTK, though if removal is uncommon enough (I wouldn't know, haven't seen the OP's cards with enough detail yet), then this card's battle protection will be pretty hard to get accross, sort of how Marshmallon was back in the day. Or at least that's what I fear. Going above 2000 ATK isn't exactly hard.

oAcZxEB.jpg

Yeah, it's a 3800 ATK on a Level 12 body that can banish/destroy stuff, lock all S/T usage until after damage and revives 1 of its materials when it dies; hence the Nomi clause.

(Thankful Rulers are nonexistent for this club or that first effect will see abuse by them)

Well, there are other 20 or so types so something like Rulers would not only be weaker for sure if even made here, but it could end up in another of those.

I'm taking it you have ideas for the materials? Because we lack dragons to make it currently.

I'll ask the favor of posting the effect under the card for the sake of working it out in case any member has any suggestion/correction/etc. And so I can take it more easily to the OP without having to read and write it myself later on xP

yu2ctw9.jpg

Impulsive Greed

Quick-Play Spell Card

Draw 2 card, then it becomes the End Phase of this turn. 

Usually I leave it to votation and just post it on the OP anyways, but in this case I'll make an exception and say directly that that Spell is pretty broken.

It's a quick play pot of greed that ends the turn. Not YOUR turn, just the turn.... do you see where I'm going?

As if it wasn't problematic enough that you can bypass the drawback, but you can outright skip your opponent's turn with this.

I think it should be a Normal Spell.

Opponent draws -> Flip Impulsive -> +1 and end their turn.
Makes perfect sense.

I just got ninja'd

Yeah, I have some ideas for it.

I could post that Psychic Dragon archetype I have (though you rather not have anything directed towards Archetype stuff; and given it is moderately big [about 20+ cards]). Or get to work with new stuff.

Maybe you could tweak it a little bit (the archetype) to make it a little bit more generic.

I've added 2 archetype-like cards to the OP, so it's not a banned concept here, but if it can be minimal that'd be ideal.

The way I see it, the game has plenty of stuff to divide itself by. 21 types, 7 S/T icons, 6 Attributes (yes not counting gods here), various sub-types, 12 Levels, 9 kinds of cards, specific amounts of ATK and/or DEF. Even Konami can't fill in all the gaps after making over 7000 cards.

We will definitely not fill it all in in this thread even if all the club members worked day and night for the rest of the year xP

So archetypes aren't all that necessary for the project.

Well, that's just my personal opinion. If it doesn't restrict deck-building too much and/or if other members have different points, I'd also be fine ultimately.

Archived