New Pendulum (Normal, Ritual and Fusion Monster Pendulum) MSE templates with ①, ②, ③... - Updated 05/07/2014.

Hi everyone,

You can download MSE with Pendulum Template (including Fusion Pendulum, Ritual Pendulum and Normal Pendulum) included here at sx.gd/mse (5.9 MB) (Choose File > Download). Link doesn't work? Try this.

What is new? (05/7/2014):
New Pendulum Fusion, Pendulum Ritual, Pendulum Normal monsters Template.
New foil correction. See "Hieratic Dragon Lixon" below.

Known issue:
The only foil that doesn't work is Gold Tech Rarity foil.

Please be advised that if you had a old Pendulum Template in version 2.0; you will see a blank template. Worry not, this is due to the recent internal change in code name, you'll just re-select the card template again, everything should work fine.

Also, credit, triple credit to: Yami Burak for the Pendulum .PSD template. Thank you so much for the template.

You now insert those numbers (up to 5) by using holding Shift while pressing 1, 2, 3 (corresponding to characters !, @, #)... and so forth.

Note: In order to provide the sequence for those numbers, infinity character is now assigned to a different key combination. Please hold Shift while pressing - (corresponding character "_") for infinity symbol.

List of common used Special Characters:
Hold "Shift" and press "-":
Hold "Shift" and press "1":
Hold "Shift" and press "2":
Hold "Shift" and press "3":
Hold "Shift" and press "4":
Hold "Shift" and press "5":
Type "CR" or "( C )" (without spaces): ©

Screenshot:

F08qWP2.png

And some demo cards' results:

Ub6cCFC.jpgvtjctfu.jpg
sLkRXhi.jpgeUhQsyV.jpg

Demo card made by mercurian, thank you :smile::

1rVyZhh.jpg

Please let me know if there is anything needs improving.

Enjoy.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy the template; however, I cannot seem to get the effect number symbols to work. They appear to be missing, but I can't tell if it's a problem with the program or with my computer. Any advice?

Are you talking about the number in the circle? As I test on 2 different computer, it works fine and will replace (1) by ① and so on. These characters are now unicode character, and not an image.

I suggest you go this webpage: http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2460/browsertest.htm and see if the character displayed properly. If it does display on the browser properly but it does not in the program, please send me a screenshot of the MSE and temporarily use copy-paste method to use them. I'll fix it as it is confirmed.

Also, have you installed all required fonts for Magic Set Editor? Those Matrix fonts?

Please let me know so I can fix it quickly.

After installing every font related to the MSE program (which I had, indeed, forgotten to do), I can say that it was not the problem, as simply typing "(1)" or copying the symbol itself into the program only results in a blank space where the symbol should be, much similar to how the Card program on this very site responds to "●" being inputted. I would give you a screenshot, but it really is simply a blank space, and I see no simple way of conveying that in picture.

In fact, now that I look through the provided link, the ① (and possibly the others) do not seem to be supported by any of the Matrices that were just installed.

Does that reduce it to being a problem with my computer, then?

After installing every font related to the MSE program (which I had, indeed, forgotten to do), I can say that it was not the problem, as simply typing "(1)" or copying the symbol itself into the program only results in a blank space where the symbol should be, much similar to how the Card program on this very site responds to "●" being inputted. I would give you a screenshot, but it really is simply a blank space, and I see no simple way of conveying that in picture.

In fact, now that I look through the provided link, the ① (and possibly the others) do not seem to be supported by any of the Matrices that were just installed.

Does that reduce it to being a problem with my computer, then?

Hi,

I do appreciate the report. I tested again on 3 more computers and 1 of them produced the aforementioned problem. I personally would say it depends on the computers but because the problem was so easy to be reproduced (1/5 computers), I need to take a look at it. I will provide information as well as patch as soon as possible.

Thank you again for the report. Will release fix soon.

I'VE FIXED THE PROBLEM. It turned out that Matrix fonts don't support those Special Characters. I have integrated image replacement for those Special Characters. Please download the software and try again. This should work even without support from font-type.

Ah, très bien! I see it now. Everything looks well now.

Except there is one minor issue regarding the symbols, and I can see very clearly where the mistake was made. It seems you set the ④ symbol to '%' (Shift + 5), and set ⑤ to '&' (Shift + 7), which doesn't match up with what you wrote in your revision.

But again, it is a relatively minor issue. In any case, I thank you for the quick response.

Ah, très bien! I see it now. Everything looks well now.

Except there is one minor issue regarding the symbols, and I can see very clearly where the mistake was made. It seems you set the ④ symbol to '%' (Shift + 5), and set ⑤ to '&' (Shift + 7), which doesn't match up with what you wrote in your revision.

But again, it is a relatively minor issue. In any case, I thank you for the quick response.

I noted your problem and will work on it today as I get off work.

Thank you for your response.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice work. It's great to have Pendulum monsters in MSE now. (Wow, did I sign in after all this time just for this? :P)

Anyway, just a suggestion/question; do you think you'll be adding "Normal Pendulums" any time soon? By which I mean the recently-revealed Pendulum Normal Monsters (where the current MSE version is effect-only).

Nice work. It's great to have Pendulum monsters in MSE now. (Wow, did I sign in after all this time just for this? :P)
Anyway, just a suggestion/question; do you think you'll be adding "Normal Pendulums" any time soon? By which I mean the recently-revealed Pendulum Normal Monsters (where the current MSE version is effect-only).

Hi lugia61617,

I appreciate your comment a lot. However, I am not a designer myself. I am more of a programmer who writes those backend code to integrate new templates. But do not worry, as soon as the Pendulum Normal Monsters (or any other type) are released, we will soon have its template, and I will ask for permission to integrate it into MSE. You can follow this topic to see the updates as they are released ;-). It should take me no more than 3 days after getting permission to release an update.

Again, thanks a lot for your comment :-).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for making this available to us. With this, I was able to add Pendulum monsters to my existing Shounen Warrior archetype. I repeat, thanks for this one.

Hi mercurian,

Thank you very much for your support. Please let me know if you find anything needs improving. I'll take care of it.

Thanks again.

Here be the ones that I made, with all the forms filled up:

ShounenWarriorDetective-Conan_zpsf93cdcbShounenWarriorDetective-Mayuki_zpsd52cc6

ShounenWarriorDetective-Loki_zps2ff3c7d4

One suggestion here: I have seen all of the released Pendulum Monsters, and it seems that the set numbers are not bolded, while in here, it was bolded.

It looks stunning! Especially that anime theme! Conan is awesome lol. I would suggest typing less on the last card though. It looks too much with so many words together :D! Otherwise, I really like it! Shall I take one of them and put on the post as demo?

I seem to have hit a snag after I downloaded the templates. Pendulums and Xyzs didn't appear on what card types I needed. 

It said this when I checked console:

Warnings while reading file:

C:/User/Owner/Documents/Magic Set Editor 2/data/yugioh-standard.mse-style/style

On line 293: Unexpected key: 'pendulum blue'

On line 306: Unexpected key: 'pendulum red'

On line 319: Unexpected key: 'pendulum spelleffect'

I have know idea what happen since I have all the templates on file.

I seem to have hit a snag after I downloaded the templates. Pendulums and Xyzs didn't appear on what card types I needed.
It said this when I checked console:

Warnings while reading file:
C:/User/Owner/Documents/Magic Set Editor 2/data/yugioh-standard.mse-style/style

On line 293: Unexpected key: 'pendulum blue'
On line 306: Unexpected key: 'pendulum red'
On line 319: Unexpected key: 'pendulum spelleffect'

I have know idea what happen since I have all the templates on file.

Hi there,

It was working fine on different computers I tested. Did you try to delete all old files before extracting new files? If the problem persists, please have it screenshot with your operating system. I'll fix it as fast as possible. This appears to be the file "card_fields" was improperly generated. Please note that trying to integrate my templates with different templates by other author may result in undesireable outcome.

Thank you for your report.

Archived