New Pendulum (Normal, Ritual and Fusion Monster Pendulum) MSE templates with ①, ②, ③... - Updated 05/07/2014.

Hi there,

It was working fine on different computers I tested. Did you try to delete all old files before extracting new files? If the problem persists, please have it screenshot with your operating system. I'll fix it as fast as possible. This appears to be the file "card_fields" was improperly generated. Please note that trying to integrate my templates with different templates by other author may result in undesireable outcome.

Thank you for your report.

I downloaded extra versions of MSE to get individual templates of Xyz and other monsters but when I copied/pasted the templates onto the other ones, it didn't work. It works now, since I downloaded yours and the other ones. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I downloaded extra versions of MSE to get individual templates of Xyz and other monsters but when I copied/pasted the templates onto the other ones, it didn't work. It works now, since I downloaded yours and the other ones.

I'm glad it works for you! Enjoy :-). Thanks again for the report.

• 2 weeks later...

These new templates are wonderful! Loving them so far, though I never really anticipated "Fusion Pendulum" monsters. How would they work...hm...I guess they can be activated when they are summoned or something. 

Anyway, if you don't mind my asking, do you think you could compile those new templates into an MSE-installer file rather than an entirely new copy of MSE? I'm sure myself and a few others would find it more useful to be able to mix-and-match the many different templates available - I tried integrating the other add-ons (YGO standard and standard extra) but Standard just overwrites your cards and removes the templates entirely. 

Now I think about it, if you make it as an MSE-installer file, you'd probably have to give it its own category separate from "Standard" to avoid conflicts.

These new templates are wonderful! Loving them so far, though I never really anticipated "Fusion Pendulum" monsters. How would they work...hm...I guess they can be activated when they are summoned or something. 

Anyway, if you don't mind my asking, do you think you could compile those new templates into an MSE-installer file rather than an entirely new copy of MSE? I'm sure myself and a few others would find it more useful to be able to mix-and-match the many different templates available - I tried integrating the other add-ons (YGO standard and standard extra) but Standard just overwrites your cards and removes the templates entirely. 

Now I think about it, if you make it as an MSE-installer file, you'd probably have to give it its own category separate from "Standard" to avoid conflicts.

Why didn't I think of it? That's actually a great suggestion! I'll have to look into it. Thanks a lot for the recommendation.

Just for the record though, I am working on an online version of MSE, create your cards with live preview (edit onsite) and using HD Template. I will try to keep the MSE up until I finish my online version. It would work in the familiar environment you'd expect from MSE, but it is online :smile:.

Thanks again for the wonderful suggestion man!

• 1 month later...

I don't think I installed these properly, I see the images in the folders, but the only templates that appear are "Normal Pendulum Monster" and "Effect Pendulum Monster", both of which are blank templates.

If it helps any, I manually installed the files (couldn't find the mse installer file format) and am running off a previously installed version of Magic Set Editor 2.

I don't think I installed these properly, I see the images in the folders, but the only templates that appear are "Normal Pendulum Monster" and "Effect Pendulum Monster", both of which are blank templates.
If it helps any, I manually installed the files (couldn't find the mse installer file format) and am running off a previously installed version of Magic Set Editor 2.

Hi there,

Please just extract the files to a folder and run the exe file. It should work as a stand-alone application. What exactly did you encounter during the execution?

Regards,

Hi there,

Please just extract the files to a folder and run the exe file. It should work as a stand-alone application. What exactly did you encounter during the execution?

Regards,

Ah! Thanks. Sorry, I didn't think using it stand-alone would work that way. It works just fine! Thanks for the templates.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok, none of the pendulum templates want to work for me and at one point, I gave up, but now I decided to try again. and this one I was wondering what program you recommended open this with because it doesn't open through mse on my computer..... so.... 

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that. This version is made for Windows only. Are you using Windows? What exactly do you encounter when trying to open the program?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I would like to thank whomever it is that shared this. Thanks to you, I was able to remake most of my favorite archetypes with Magic Set Editor, and it didn't even take up that much time. That's why I like MSE so much - it's much faster than Photoshop!

Here is my favorite archetype, Blackwing, complete redone:

kp954z6.png

And here is how the proxies look like in YGOPRO, which is why I decided to use the program in the first place:

oy3xuwg.png

It's a hell of an improvement over the old cards, it looks better, and the text is updated too.

I would also like to know if someone, who is good with programming, could maybe try and make a python script or something where Magic Set Editor will automatically generate the entire YGOPRO database for you. It will also save a lot of time for those who want to completely redo YGOPRO's card database, which is not manually worth it, in my opinion, as it will take up way too much time.

I would like to thank whomever it is that shared this. Thanks to you, I was able to remake most of my favorite archetypes with Magic Set Editor, and it didn't even take up that much time. That's why I like MSE so much - it's much faster than Photoshop!

Here is my favorite archetype, Blackwing, complete redone:

kp954z6.png

And here is how the proxies look like in YGOPRO, which is why I decided to use the program in the first place:

oy3xuwg.png

It's a hell of an improvement over the old cards, it looks better, and the text is updated too.

I would also like to know if someone, who is good with programming, could maybe try and make a python script or something where Magic Set Editor will automatically generate the entire YGOPRO database for you. It will also save a lot of time for those who want to completely redo YGOPRO's card database, which is not manually worth it, in my opinion, as it will take up way too much time.

Hi!

Thanks for the kind words. It's very impressive how you manage to re-create all of the cards. I am actually working on a HD Card Project on the cloud. If it works, I'd probably be able to pull database from YGOPRO (if I could read that database somehow) and generate images. For now, all I'm aiming is to make it work first, and it has taken too long :-).

Thanks again.

I'll update the topic if anything new coming in.

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't get it why all the hq images I load are always forced to low quality.

Hi :smile:,

It didn't, as in my samples. The PPI of the image is ~150. What do you mean exactly by "low quality"? The image is resized to fit the card and that is normal.

When I try to download it, it doesn't work. It makes me open it as a text file and I don't know how to make it actually do stuff properly and make it so I can use the templates in MSE.

Hi there!

1) Have you successfully downloaded it? If you do not, what did it say on the Download Screen?
2) If you do, do you have any Archive Extractor software to open it? Win-rar is free and available. 7zip works well too, as long as you know what they are for.

quick question, how do you add a category in the card type, like if you wanted to do x/ritual/tuner/effect?

Hi,

You click on that section where the [Tuner/Effect]... stuffs are located, and type in your own text.
However, if you want to add your own category by default: Edit the file [strong]/yugioh.mse-game/word_lists[/strong].

Thank you all for enjoying this software :smile:.

Tim.

• 1 month later...

Archived