Yu-Gi-Oh: Arc of Conquest (OOC/Started/ Accepting/PG-16)

Just a short question, as this is my first Yugioh-RP: How do I do duels in which only I am involved? Can I control a NPC for this or do I play the duel 'off-screen'?

Well, until I lost my first post, I was going to show a duel in medias res, with my character overcoming a Lead Yoke against an NPC in one turn.

Maybe you could try that?

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weulp, I'm going to make another character now.

[spoiler=Hannah Williams]

Character: 
Username: Giga Drill Breaker
Name: Hannah Williams
[spoiler=Appearance]
3zj0v8x.jpg
[/spoiler]
Personality: Hannah lives life for the joy of the ride. If she isn't laughing, or at the very least smiling, something is terribly wrong. She relies heavily upon luck, both in dueling and in life. She is reckless, taking action before thinking things through. However, this is just a sign of her ambition in life, not wanting to give up no matter how bad the situation is. Around others, she can be described as obnoxious, laughing at nonexistent jokes and pushing herself into the middle of any and all situations that she can. She cares greatly for others, even those that she has just met, considering strangers to be friends she simply hasn't met yet. Occasionally, due to her high-maintenance attention needs, she can become jealous of other females who are more popular than her, having turned to violence multiple times in the past. Despite her outward arrogance, Hannah has extreme self-esteem issues that pop up every once in a while, and has difficulty taking negative criticism with panicking or occasionally even breaking out into tears.
Extracurricular activities: Numbers Club (Holds Number 7: Lucky Straight)
Deck: Lucky Sevens
Deck Description: Using various luck-based cards to gain card advantage while spamming level-7 monsters to summon her number card, Lucky Straight.
Custom Cards: None
[/spoiler]

Accepted

Someone needs to make a Boxing Club President that uses Battlin' Boxers to be Naoki's rival.

Hmmm I guess I could do that sounds like fun

Just a short question, as this is my first Yugioh-RP: How do I do duels in which only I am involved? Can I control a NPC for this or do I play the duel 'off-screen'?

You will be given options in that regard. You can write your own duels out like Ain's post or you can play against another person where you discuss your duel PM and right it out. 

So I'm about to send us off into war...get ready to magically be in helicopters lol. There will be  A LOT of enemies. Meaning you have the option to write out your own duels against an NPC, I'll be an NPC mook opponent for you (lets not overdo that an option), or you can and another RP could get together and plan something out. Now there will be two big boss duels and I will do my host-like duties and be both of them. I think the most I can handle is two 3-on-1s meaning if you want part of the final fight just PM me. And to make it fair...let's play a game. Its quick all you have to do is guess what Muse (the schools security system looks like) its a she and if she was going to have a physical form it would look like something definite.

EDIT: Annnd post is incomplete I must finish it. 

[spoiler=Harumi Kigane]

Username: Kururu Sumeragi

Name: Harumi Kigane

Appearance: Harumi's appearance gives off vibes of a punk. She's rather short, standing only at 148 CM. She wears a tattered, sleeveless red hoodie most of the time, adorned with wing-like designs all over it, which covers the top half of her face. She has long, knee length black hair, though it's usually hidden by her hoodie. She Harumi's usual appearance consists of tank tops with various designs of her own all over it. To hide the fact that she's a girl, she wears straps over her moderately-sized breasts, making them basically unnoticeable under the loose shirts she wears. She wraps her arms with various buckles and straps, as well as black fingerless gloves on each hand. She wears tight jeans with several roses drawn over it. 

She wears purple-colored contact lenses with cross-shaped pupils. Like Miki, her duel disk is pink in color, and is adorned with various cartoon shapes as well, mostly roses, skulls or caution signs.

Personality: Harumi gives off vibes of a cold-blooded killer when you first meet her. Shrouded under her hoodie, she's a mysterious character who keeps to herself. She rarely smiles, and when she does it's usually when she fights a dangerous duel. She's known all around the school for being cruel and sometimes sadistic, maybe even psychotic. She obeys the orders of the Student Council president fully, no matter what it may cost others. Despite this, anyone who has ever faced her in a true duel will know that she fights through her tears. She actually detests fighting and is only doing it so that others want to rely on her. This also has an effect on her appearance, making her wear boyish clothes and even disguise herself as a man, only so that she'll appear more credible to others. 

Despite her true feelings, she continues to be the Student Council President's right-hand woman, carrying out his dirty deeds for him, as she thinks he is the only one who ever cared for her. When she duels someone as strong as she is, that is when her true colors start to show. Under the blood-coated hoodie over her head is actually a very adventurous, if somewhat rebellious, young woman who wants to have others depend on her. She is actually very smart, smart enough to completely analyze the weakness of any object or person, and then finding the perfect way to ensnare them in that weakness before crushing it entirely, this, coupled with her signature card "Black Garden" earns her the title of "The Thorn Queen of Kansai". An odd hobby of hers is to say various poems in different languages to express her emotion. 

Biography: I'll save this for the RP itself, actually. 

Extracurricular activities: Kansai school Signer Club. (Signer Dragon: Black Rose Dragon)

Deck: Plant

Deck Description: Gigaplant deck with a custom archetype known as "Thorn". Focuses on crippling the opponent and exploiting their weakness.

Custom Cards: I'll work on them later. c:

[/spoiler]

An NPC for Miki to fight in the Kansai invasion.

Only posting this cause she'll be a semi-regular character once this arc is done. 

Okay so I finished the actual wartime invasion post! Yay also thanks for posting before it was done that's a heart warming amount of activity. 

Rundown:
Boxing team is up in the sky dealing with the crows/blackwings attacking the ship. There are two Signers/Duel Dragon users running the show there.
Ground team of Numbers, H&F, Kendo, etc, lead buy ringo are slashing zombies (will be dodging missiles soon) on the ground level. There is only one/two "sub-boss(es)" here. But a large number of students are hidden in the crowds with zombie make-up on. Feel free to write your own NPC duel or w/e with them.
Strike Team lead by Nantian and Nelly will be flying straight forward so they can go to stage two ( where the vast majority of Kansai's Signer club is)

Any questions?

Bailas, you bas***d.

You magnificent bas***d.

Thank you I thought the Boxer addage would be well recieved.

Can we just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn then crush the zombies? Oh, we can, bully. I'll prepare a post after work, which will be in *checks the clock*, uhh, 7 and 1/2 hours.

Yes hack and slash all you like with as many monsters as you wish. Do note certain things. 

The majority of the rules of dueling still apply.

1. Monsters can attack your monsters and if they have more attack they win. 
  2. ZombieWorld is in play
  3. You have a set deck limit so if you burn out of cards you lose, which in this case means you can defend yourself from other monster attacking
  4. Stall effects and nukes mean nothing here 
  5. Traps don't have to be set to be used but they do have to have a correct target.
  6. The above rules ONLY apply to Kansai stage 1 (including the aerial battle)

So outside of an actual duel, would all the enemies still throw themselves pointlessly at 13 and 31? I feel like exploiting this...

You have a 4 meter radius of that combo and it works only on actual duel monsters. But yeah you could do major harm with that. 

Username: Admiral_Stalfos19
Name: Katsumi Smith
Appearance: Katsumi is rather short for a boy, only standing at 5' 8", and with him harboring an extra X chromosome, many people mistake him for a girl regardless of what he wears. As such, he tends to leave his hair long... very long in fact. Katsumi has [acronym='i.e. a couple of small, B-cup breasts']a surprisingly developed upper chest[/acronym] as well, but remains rather petite.
sample_8c1621939017d95b58e5b980c1c2803d4
Personality: As just a simple transfer student in Fudo Academy, Katsumi has no idea why he's all of a sudden caught in the crossfire of Tatsunagi Academy's assault. And as far as he's concerned, he wants nothing to do with it; all he wants to do is just get on with a normal school life. This of course means that as a Fudo Academy student, it's up to Katsumi to stop the assault in any way he can... assuming of course that he can at all. Normally, Katsumi is a shy, rather timid individual, but he knows when to put his foot down, and that's usually when violence or bullying occurs, which he'll do everything in his power to stop. However, he really hates it when someone decides to turn around and play mind games with him, especially when they have anything to do with his transsexuality. One last thing to note about Katsumi is that he and Cordelia have a little history together, although Katsumi doubts that the reunion between the two is gonna go well...
Extracurricular Activities: [acronym='These clubs are all for Fudo Academy at the moment.']Numbers Club, Metalcraft Club & Biology Club[/acronym]
Deck: Frog & Junk Deck
Deck Description: Katsumi's deck is overall less focused than most Frog Decks, but it tends to use all the Junk Synchro monsters, and rarely has much more difficulty going into Rank 5's than it does with Rank 2's. Of course, that's assuming Katsumi plays it right, but he has a tendency to stuff up plays.
Ace Cards: Junk Warrior, Des Frog, Number 53: Heart-eartH, Number 92: Heart-eartH Dragon
Custom Cards: None at this stage

Now that Katsumi's finally finished, I'll go ahead and make a post with Cordelia.

Archived