[VCTR SET] Dragon Rulers Broke R7, Now They Migrate to R6

Vector Nightmare

(Hopefully) less broken Level 6 Dragon Ruler-esque series.

Skydive Drago-Knight Dragonebula
LV 6 | WIND | Warrior
2400 | 1000
This card is also treated as a Dragon-Type monster while in the hand, field or Graveyard.
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by Banishing 2 WIND monsters OR 1 Warrior-Type monster and 1 Dragon-Type monster, except this card, from your hand and/or Graveyard.
(2) If this card is Banished: add 1 Level 2 or lower WIND Dragon-Type or Warrior-Type monster from your deck to your hand.
(3) You can discard this card and 1 WIND monster to the Graveyard, then target 2 cards on the field; your opponent chooses 1 of them and returns it to the top of its owner's deck.
You can only use 1 "Skydive Drago-Knight Dragonebula" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Flashfire Drago-Knight Dragoblaze
LV 6 | FIRE | Warrior
2500 | 500
This card is also treated as a Dragon-Type monster while in the hand, field or Graveyard.
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by Banishing 2 FIRE monsters OR 1 Warrior-Type monster and 1 Dragon-Type monster, except this card, from your hand and/or Graveyard.
(2) If this card is Banished: add 1 Level 2 or lower FIRE Dragon-Type or Warrior-Type monster from your deck to your hand.
(3) You can discard this card and 1 FIRE monster to the Graveyard, then target 1 face-up monster you control; that monster gains 1000 ATK, and is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. These changes last until the End Phase.
You can only use 1 "Flashfire Drago-Knight Dragoblaze" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Hailstorm Drago-Knight Dragoglacier
LV 6 | WATER | Warrior
1800 | 2700
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by Banishing 2 WATER monsters OR 1 Warrior-Type monster and 1 Dragon-Type monster, except this card, from your hand and/or Graveyard.
(2) If this card is Banished: add 1 Level 2 or lower WATER Dragon-Type or Warrior-Type monster from your deck to your hand.
(3) You can discard this card and 1 WATER monster to the Graveyard; all monsters you currently control cannot be destroyed by battle, and all Battle Damage you take from battles involving those monsters becomes 0. These changes last until your opponent's next End Phase.
You can only use 1 "Hailstorm Drago-Knight Dragoglacier" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Impact Drago-Knight Dragometeor
LV 6 | EARTH | Warrior
2700 | 0
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by Banishing 2 EARTH monsters OR 1 Warrior-Type monster and 1 Dragon-Type monster, except this card, from your hand and/or Graveyard.
(2) If this card is Banished: add 1 Level 2 or lower EARTH Dragon-Type or Warrior-Type monster from your deck to your hand.
(3) You can discard this card and 1 EARTH monster to the Graveyard, then target 2 monsters on the field; destroy those targets.
You can only use 1 "Impact Drago-Knight Dragometeor" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

This is still a pretty vague idea. But I want to make R6 better in general.

Thematically they are related to Dragon Knight Draco-equiste. But they would be more human-like, and the dragonic parts of their body (wings, horns, scales etc) would be mechanical, that is why their main type is Warrior. As such, they can combo with Draco-equiste (when one is Banished to Special Summon another, you can search a Level 1 or 2 Tuner, which can then make a Level 7 or 8 Dragon-type Synchro monster with the other, that can be used as Fusion Material along with one of the Knights for Draco-equiste).

While I wanted them to be synergistic with each other and a relatively themed deck, I also wanted to keep the splashability of the actual Dragon Rulers in element-focused decks. But I gave them more field-related effects and less toolboxing, in order to prevent the abusability issues the Dragon Rulers had. I also limited their self-SS effect. You now have to Banish either 2 attribute monsters, or 1 and 1 type monsters, you can't mix and match. That would hopefully help restrict their use a bit.

Fingers crossed I didn't create something broken. Well, they can't be worse than the actual Rulers, so...

Archived