Tokens and Altered Art Cards: Updated 4/23/14

Ultravires

This is a thread showcasing some alt-art cards and custom tokens I've made. I can also do mock-ups, so If anyone has any requests, PM me a picture and card details and I'll throw together a digital copy.

EDIT: Updated with a few more. I'll try and keep the file sizes low.

GWrvjAW.png

5GmX5w5.png

k6E3j9r.png

SvNz5z4.png

elIjNx0.png

rnrtZf3.jpg

vYfO9Pw.png

zHAczET.jpg

pYQsW55.jpg

VQSYSVV.png

4XR20gA.png

ICW7eYB.png

LQbRw9T.png

dyk7yxq.png

70d1wLj.png

53vYTZp.png

EarYQAv.png

Haha thanks guys. They're made using an acetone stripped foil Super or Secret and the thinnest possible high quality transparency film printed on with an industrial high DPI printer. I've worked out a method of acetone stripping that protects the edges and back of the card from ink bleed during the stripping process as well. The card weights and thickness are approximately the same or less than a Hobby League Parallel foil.

Yes, the other card image is Kamen Rider OOO in his Tajadol Combo. The other Dragon Rulers were done similarly in his other combos, when I get a chance I'll edit my OP and add the rest of my work. I've done about thirty or forty different tokens and quite a few alters, as well as custom card decks, though the latter I expressly provided I wouldn't disseminate copies or pictures of.

as the comment about this not being art... there is a definite art to making these.  

1. You use photoshop to make them just like anything else, often.

2. You have to know how to do it.  It's not the simplest process,.

3.  You have to master the different ways of printing and applying the card faces, and he seems to have done this exceptionally well.

My only question is, did you emboss your own text? 

• 1 month later...

Hm I never did update this. Doing so now.

as the comment about this not being art... there is a definite art to making these.  

1. You use photoshop to make them just like anything else, often.

2. You have to know how to do it.  It's not the simplest process,.

3.  You have to master the different ways of printing and applying the card faces, and he seems to have done this exceptionally well.

My only question is, did you emboss your own text? 

The Ultra/Secret text is done through layering different shadings in CS6. I have played around with doing actual text embossing through stamping with gold metallic paper, and it's worked out decently in some cases but it's prohibitively expensive and time-consuming.

Archived