Yu-Gi-Oh: Arc of Conquest (IC/Started/Accepting/PG-16)

Love of Ghibli

The loudspeakers had echoed through the school just earlier this morning to tell of a tale of great success granted from the academy. The raid upon the Academy of Fudo had apparently been a smashing success. As basically every member of the student body had taken part in it, it was obvious to all those there before the announcement was made. So why was this boy, Sojiro Kuma, completely unaware of the events that had transpired yesterday? Why because he wasn't there of course. 

Rewinding a bit here, as the announcement that had broadcasted throughout the entire was played, Sojiro had realized that it was indeed the day of the glorious invasion on Fudo Academy. But alas, he had no club to call his own and would not have been apart of any real team. At least, he didn't think so. Regardless, he had simply walked around the school for the earleir part of the day looking in awe at every minute thing he had seen until the bright idea to just go with them came to mind. As he started casually wandering around the school, he had noticed that there various aerial vehicles taking off, and so he only felt it right to wave to them goodbye. Afterwards he continued searching for roughly an hour until the second realization of the day came to him. Obviously they had already left. And so, not really downed by this in the slightest, he simply blissfully went on with his day off as though it were a regular break from school and all of its responsibilities. 

And so it was, the unremarkable boy that was Sojiro had been sitting in class as one would normally find a student doing. However, rather than paying attention to whatever the teacher was talking about, he had instead been staring at the wall blankly. While his eyes were trained on that spot, his mind was easily somewhere else, in some indescribable location of rainbows and unicorns no doubt. Though there was not much that could be done about his trance at the moment, once he had been dismissed for the moment and had a free period so to speak, he snapped back to reality and simply started walking down the hallways in some sort of odd bliss. 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex just replied on his last chance to recant his views, with eyes closed, "If I would find a reason that this school would be in danger if we would not attack, I would gladly join you in the invasion. My turn, but, again, I retrieve my Rank-Up Magic Astral Force from the Graveyard, for the consummation of the Xyz Evolution that I started! This time Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis would create an overlay network to summon the greatest hope that I had! I beckon you to show yourself, Number 99: Hope Dragun!" As he shouted those words, a white western dragon, even larger than the dragon used for the overlay network that summoned it, appeared, glowing white, the number 99 marked on its right leg. "I then activate the effect of Number 99, I Special Summon a Number monster from my Graveyard in Defense Position. Come forth again, Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon!" The oriental-looking dragon with the number 91 marked on its face appeared again. "And now, Number 99, attack the opponent's Number 39!" A beam of white light was spewed by the large dragon towards Number 39.

[spoiler="Stats"]Life: 4000

Hand: 0

Field: Number 99: Hope Dragun (ATK 4000 / DEF 2000 1 OU), Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon (ATK 2400 / DEF 2000, 0 OU)
S/T: None

Grave: Heavy Storm, Mahunder, Pahunder, Wattpheasant, Rank-Up Magic Astral Force, Honest, Hieratic Dragon King of Atum, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis[/spoiler]

Ringo looked on as Alex summoned his final dragon. Staring at the bright beast she knew that this was her sign. Hope Dragoon was its name and its light was like looking into the sun itself. Her mission became clear it was time to end this duel. With a flick of her hand she activated her facedown trap card. With it a bunch of druids rose up to protect Beyond the Hope. With the boys turn obviously over she put her hand on her deck as she drew her final card. I get it now. You're selfish. You think you need the perfect conditions to act. If everything doesn't come with some high brow morals clause then you can't find yourself to move. Well let me tell you this Mr. Alex. THE UNIVERSE DOESN'T OWE YOU AN EXPLANATION! Just because you don't completely understand a situation doesn't mean you don't follow orders. I'm going to show you the power of Hope and I'm going to take your Hope when I'm done.

DRAW! Ringo looked at her card and realized it was just what she needed. First I activate my facedown trap card Call of the haunted meaning that I get to revive my own Star drawing. The cute little creature materialized himself and stood next to Beyond the hope. Now I summon another one. On the other side of Beyond was another cute little creature. Now my two creatures go into the Overlay Network and forge the Ultimate Weapon! Star Drawings first effect they can both be treated as Level 5 creatures so now I summon the Ultimate Weapon ZEXAL WEAPON LEO ARMS! What came from the overlay network was a massive red and yellow lion who came forth. As you know Star Drawing allows me to draw another card so I draw. I use his first effect to detach one Xyz material to add one other Zexal Weapon to my hand. Take flight my great bird of Justice and I add Zexal Weapon Eagle claw. Eagle Claw can be special summoned from my hand if my opponents lifepoints are 2000 higher than mine. Now I both of my Zexal Weapons effects activate they both become equip cards to Beyond the Hope! Leo Arms gives him 3000 attack and Eagle claw gives him 2000 more attack meaning my monster has a grand attack of 8000 ATTACK POINTS! Beyond clinched his fist as he was dawned with powerful armor and a massive claw. Finish this! HOPE'S TRUE BUSTER: FALCON PUUUUNNNCHHH!! 

Beyond the Hope croutched down then launched himself directly at the Dragon and punched through the beast wiping out it and all of Alex's lifepoints in one shot. The clashing light show was spectacular but when the smoke cleared it was clear that Ringo was the victor. Ringo walked over to Alex and stuck her hand out. Like magic she was able to command one of Alex's card to come directly to her hand. It was then that the number 99 revealed itself on her hand. Hmmm, though it pains me to do this I will release you from your burden. If you don't want to invade then fine, but I won't allow insubordination. You are here by kicked out of the Number club. Have a good day. She walked away down the hall not looking back hoping that made her look that much cooler.

After the showdown of light between them, Alex found himself being defeated. But when he was told that he was kicked out of the Numbers Club, Alex can't stop himself from laughing. He then said, "As if I am a member of the Numbers Club to start with. I don't even know you. But even if I'm defeated, I would still keep to my resolve not to participate in a war that is never necessary. I would never use duels as a weapon of unnecessary war. I'll prove it. Although Number 99 was removed from my repertoire, I'll claim it back with my Number 91, I would never let the Numbers be used for any kind of unnecessary war!" With those words, he proceeded to his class.

As the boy continued to walk through the halls, there was something particularly interesting that caught his attention...mostly because it was the only thing really going on in the halls at the moment. There was some kind of super special awesome dueling action going on with some cards that Sojiro didn't even pretend that he knew. One was just a large dragon that looked to be super shiny against an even shinier knight warrior dude with animal weapons equipped to him. Only the animal weapon warrior clearly destroyed the dragon like it was basically nothing. As the duel seemed to end and the blonde haired girl seemed to use some sort of magic or whatever to have the card fly from the boy's duel disk. Simply amazed by the display, Sojiro stood there with an amused smile on his face and softly clapped. 

As both went their separate ways, Sojiro then stood there wondering why the two were even dueling in the first place. Then again, being a duel school, the chances of this being of the most trivial to the most major of reasons were just as likely. Hm. He started to walk through the halls, ever perplexed by this completely meaningless question, as he approached the blonde haired girl. "Yooo, that was a swell duel there." Perfect opening. "Soooo, why were you guys dueling...in the middle of the hallway?"

Ringo couldn't understand how Alex wasn't a member of a Number's Club. She didn't do anything but look down back at her new card that she just obtained. But how did she know that Alex was a Number Holder in the first place if he wasn't a member of the Number Club. She was deep in thought about the message when it seemed another boy who was quite aloof but something was innocent about him. It was interesting to say the least. She looked at him and she realized that he too was very familiar. She even knew that his name somehow started with a "S." Um it wasn't anything serious, we had a fundamental difference with the schools activities...

At this moment both Ringo and Sojiro, along with a bunch of other students, would get a message on their smart phone or communication devices. This message would come at the same time but it clearly wasn't from anyone in Tatsunagi Academy. Meaning that someone managed to actually hack the schools security system and send a message to all of the students with Numbers. Whether they were in the actual Number's Club all the students did not matter somehow if they had a Number then they received the message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Number Holding Student

Congratulations on your school's conquest of Fudo Academy. We of the Tsukumo Institute offer you the opportunity to make sure that another gruesome, bloody, and costly battle take place. We invite you to participate in our city wide Osaka Rally! This will take place in two days so if you would like to solve our differences with an honorable duel instead of  war please reply to this message with a (Y) or (N). 

Sincerely

Dr. V

Cyan had left Nelly's office not too long ago and he was a bit busy looking at Arcobaleno again, as well as figuring out strategies for Heartlandraco. But that's when his phone went off. He opened it up and was a bit surprised at what the message he had received said:

Congratulations on your school's conquest of Fudo Academy. We of the Tsukumo Institute offer you the opportunity to make sure that another gruesome, bloody, and costly battle take place. We invite you to participate in our city wide Osaka Rally! This will take place in two days so if you would like to solve our differences with an honorable duel instead of war please reply to this message with a (Y) or (N). 

Sincerely

Dr. V

An honorable duel...no war...? Cyan thought for a moment, and quickly nodded as he put Arcobaleno back in its deck box. He then went to work to respond to this "Dr. V".

(Y)...I will be there.

Cyan Grey

He tossed his phone back into his pocket and returned to his dorm room, in order to prepare for this. Sure it was going to take place in two days, but he needed to work on some more strategy that Arcobaleno could work with.

Congratulations on your school's conquest of Fudo Academy. We of the Tsukumo Institute offer you the opportunity to make sure that another gruesome, bloody, and costly battle take place. We invite you to participate in our city wide Osaka Rally! This will take place in two days so if you would like to solve our differences with an honorable duel instead of war please reply to this message with a (Y) or (N).

Sincerely

Dr. V
--------------------------------------
Ryujo looked at the message, eyes gleeming with anger. " That guy that i dueled against might be there. i have to go." He selected the yes option and waited for a response. ' that guy from earlier said there would be alot of duelists at these events...... i wonder if i have to duel them too.' He thought. He took his "Number" card out. " If anyone tries to duel me for this card, i am in for on major fight then. now lets see, the message said its at the Osaka rally...... where the heck is it?" He marched off towards the city hopeing to find it.

As the young blonde before him stated that it was simply a difference of opinions, Sojiro then totally dropped the subject and said "ookay," with a thumbs up to the girl. It was then that his phone, that he didn't even remember having on him, went off. He scanned the message to see that it was a congratulations message about the war he was totally apart of on Fudo Academy. Regardless, because the seemed to think that war was good for absolutely nothing, they wanted to settle things with an honorable duel within two days. While this message was clearly extremely shady, Sojiro knew one simple fact. Dueling was fun!

(Y) Soouunnds Fuuun to me!

Typing like he spoke, Sojiro then sent the message, now wanting two days to pass almost immediately. It was then that he realized that he had no idea what the whole, "Number Holding Student," thing  was about, but was not about to question it. Spinning his phone before pocketing it, he turned back to the blonde before him noticing that she too had gotten the same text and said, "this'll be something great to look forward to! Though I should probably remember how XYZ summon before going to it, always gets me. Oh! Right!" Extending out his hand he smiled, saying "we don't know each other yet, so I gotta introduce myself. Name's Sojiro, Miss." 

While walking down the hallway, Noir's phone suddenly went off. He took it out of his pocket and saw that he received a message from an unknown phone number:

Congratulations on your school's conquest of Fudo Academy. We of the Tsukumo Institute offer you the opportunity to make sure that another gruesome, bloody, and costly battle take place. We invite you to participate in our city wide Osaka Rally! This will take place in two days so if you would like to solve our differences with an honorable duel instead of  war please reply to this message with a (Y) or (N). 

Sincerely

Dr. V

Noir was a little disappointed by this development. First, he had missed the assault on Fudo Academy and now the Tsukumo Institute was wanting to have a 'honorable duel' instead of a bloody war. Well, since it was better than nothing and Noir thought that many other Members of the Numbers Club would agree to this, he typed his answer: "(Y) Brace for a massacre ~Noir." Those Osaka guys had to be really confident into their abilities, if they invited them over for battle, like some old friends. Ripping them into pieces would certainly going to be fun. But nonetheless, he would have to prepare some new, tasty dishes to serve them to his opponents in two days.

Blake felt a bit of pride upon hearing that Cyan was recognized as being instrumental in the school's mission of obtaining the card they sought. Still, wasn't it a bit ridiculous for the school to go to the effort it did to obtain just one card? It had to be worth a lot considering what had been expected of the students. The idea of having to send a report of the events made Blake uneasy since he had flat out abandoned his mission, but as long as he could hide behind the idea of serving as reinforcements for Navy, it had to reason to expect the worst. At the very least, defeating those two country hicks earned the school two more dragons. Even if they weren't nearly as important as Shooting Quasar Dragon, he deserved some credit for helping to obtain those two, right? Maybe it would be best to meet with the Signer Club, he decided.

Two days later we see a small group of students getting a small boat heading for Osaka. On board this boat would simply be all of the Number users of Tatsunagi Academy. Normally Nelly would have initiated some kind of invasion force the second that text message was sent on general principle. Someone who was confident enough to hack Muse deserved to be killed on sight. Unfortunately before he could even think to gather forces he was already getting messages of the other students who actually replied to the message and said yes. Now Nelly found himself on the defensive actually hoping that this "Osaka Rally" was actually a real tournament and not some trap. 

Who am I kidding, this is a trap... he said as he thought to himself. He was rolling his eyes as he was looking at the open sea hoping that at the very least he was able to make the ride comfortable for the Number users by renting out a yacht. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ringo was also on this new boat with all of the other members of her Numbers club. She actually noticed that Sojiro character who had witnessed her duel from earlier with the super hippie. She walked over to Sojiro and extended her hand. I'm sorry that I ran out on you after we got that text, but I'm pretty close with the president of the Student Council and I was sure that he would feel some kind of way after that message. My name is Ringo SanJiu and president of the Number's club. I don't remember why but I think I knew you were a Number holder before you actually started speaking to you. Maybe I'm psychic or something. She said as she followed up with a childish chuckle. I'm glad you came out. Though I am willing to fight for the school in any way I'm sort have that we won't be doing it in terms of some kind of war front.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[spoiler: Osaka: The Journey]

As the boat seemed to drag on from the island to Osaka Nelly was looking out on the outside and he notice that there was something odd out in the distance. It looked like some kind of tower of sorts. Of course his face tilted to the left slightly, he proceeded to turn his head to the other side of the yacht and in the distance he saw another tower. Yep....its a trap he said with a sigh as he pulled out his phone and pressed one button and an alarm on a yacht rang loud. They were now trapped in some weird duel zone. Once again the monsters were probably real but this time Tatsunagi Academy was on the defensive. A massive wave came from behind the boat and as the captain of the ship was busy steering the boat to safety the participants would have to turn around and he noticed that this just wasn't a wave. This was a summon. 

TheWickedDreadroot-TF04-JP-VG.png

From beneath the waves the massive behemoths came forth and the darkness was starting to infect the water that the yacht was traveling. As the yacht was running full steam ahead trying to escape the monster it seemed that there was some kind of eclipse. Nelly's eye twitched as this was something knew this was wrong from start. Well if that is Dreadroot back there then I guess up there would have to be...Avatar. At that moment the sky turned dark as Avatar blocked out the sun and Dreadroot proceeded to attempt to punch the yacht into non-existence. [/spoiler]

This trip was far too comfortable for Noir. Driving on a yacht to a peaceful tournament. Only two weeks ago, he had anticipated two bloody wars, but up until now, he had missed the first one and now the second one was cancelled. That was really disappointing.

However, when the alarm sounded, his mood brightened visibly. "Seems like we're in trouble. It's about time." he said, while running on deck, just in time to see the giant 'Wicked Dreadroot' surfacing from the ocean. Seemed like a suitable opponent, with a sense for a good opening. "That one's mine," he yelled to no one in particular, before activating his Duel Disk and drawing some cards. "I overlay Level 2 'Malicevorous Fork', 'Malicevorous Spoon' and 'Malicevorous Knife'!" He held the three cards up, before they turned fully purple and shot into a galaxy-shaped portal. "Appear, 'Number 96'! The Messenger of Deepest Darkness arrives on Earth! 'Dark Mist'!" After that, the portal exploded and a black blop exited it, which soon morphed into a mostly humanoid Monster, with a tail, buring horns and a jaw in its torso. And Noir did not wanted to give the opponent some time before its first attack and since it had already aimed to destroy the yacht, he shouted: "'Dark Mist', Black Mirage Whip! Stop 'The Wicked Dreadroot'!" Noirs Monster absorbed one of its Xyz Materials through its jaw and aimed with a fist at the Dreadroot, trying to stop its attack. 'It seems it's time for The Darkness versus The Wicked. Seems exciting,' he thought.

Sojiro was sitting back, absolutely hyped for the fun times that were going to come along with today's tournament of sorts. In no way was anything going to bog down the trip. But for now, he was simply rifling through his deck looking at all the cards he owned, mostly his extra deck. Pulling out his monster labled with "Number 105" he continued to wonder about it. What exactly made this number thingy so special anyway? Sure the card was pretty cool, and it was a large hand, but nothing seemed overtly special about it. It was then that he was approached by the familiar blonde haired girl from a few days ago. She quickly apologized for leaving that day, to which Sojiro simply waved it off. He then met her handshake smiling and said, "nice to meet you Riiingo~." She then mentioned how she knew he was a number holder, and how she was ready to fight alongside whatever the school stood for. "Well, I'm not sure about a war front, but I'm sure this event is going to be all kinds of fun~, so let's totally give it our all to this."

After he spoke with her, the sun soon was blotted out. That was something different. Then there was the massive wave that brought alongside what could only be described as some sort of ancient evil deity. Probably. As it popped from the ocean, a large elated smile appeared on Sojiro's face and he clapped his hands together. "Yaayyy~" he said in a blissful tone. "Let's have fu~n."

Sojiro immediately pulled out cards from his deck, summoning both Ice Hand and Fire Hand to on his duel disk. He then started to wonder and just said, "now then, fiery and icy hands, do that thing with the whole multiple monsters becoming one things." The hands turned to each other and gave off the air of disbelief towards their master's lack of terminology, though the two went along anyway. The two monsters turned into orbs as the flowed into the sky creating a small galaxy type object in the sky, only to reveal the new monster. "Now Dark Dragon buddy, show 'em what you got!" The monster in question was Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon. "Use that effect of yours and bash yourself against that dark god thing!" Following his cheerful master's commands, the two circling overlay units combined into the dragon, giving it a black and rainbow power up aura. With the strength raised, the Dark Dragon charged energy into its mouth, releasing a darkened rainbow flame towards Dreadroot.   

Somehow...I should've seen this coming... Cyan sighed as the summon of the Wicked Dreadroot was initiated...and even the summon of the Wicked Avatar. In short...this whole thing was a huge trap. However, he watched how those with Numbers started fighting already. Noir had already summoned Dark Mist...and he almost forgot how creepy that creature truly was. Cyan activated his duel disk, as he removed Arcobaleno from its deck box, sliding it in its slot. Well then...time to win this... he said as he started drawing cards.

Battle Initiated

"Time for the first ones!! Double Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus! Now, into the S/T Zone...Amethyst Cat and Ruby Carbuncle! And now...Ruby's skill...the Cat and Carbuncle arrive on the battlefield as well!" Cyan smirked as he now had four monsters on the field. "Time to keep it going! OVERLAY NETWORK!!" When he said this, Ruby Carbuncle and Amethyst Cat began to glow, before becoming lights and diving straight into the galaxy void that was the Overlay Network.

Dragon of the deep, let your wing beats strike a fear into my opponent! Xyz Summon! Show your power, Number 17 Leviathan Dragon!!

Behind Cyan came Leviathan Dragon as it roared loudly. "Now...detaching Carbuncle for him to have 2500 attack! But I'm not done yet!! My Sapphire Pegasus, time for you to be used for the Overlay Network as well!"

Both the Pegasus nodded as they became lights and dove into the void as well. Cyan looked at his two Numbers left, as he began to debate which one was more effective. He smiled as he pulled one out and held it high.

Young dragon, let your heart not waver as you entry the fray! Xyz Summon! Prove that your heart is the strongest, Number 82 Heartlandraco!!

The monster appeared within a few things of anime-esque hearts as he appeared right beside Cyan. He read up on the effect of Heartlandraco...and he knew it needed one thing.

"Now, I activate Crystal Tree!! And with it being a continuous spell...Heartlandraco can't be target for an attack!" he said, as he hopped on Leviathan Dragon's back. "Let's go you two!" With that, Cyan and his two dragons flew off and began their assault on the Dreadroot.

Interesting it was, these ants throwing stones at a giant. The Yacht made some evasive maneuvers to help these random number users fight back. Dreadroot seemed to stand still as two creatures drained its power. This was very interesting indeed. Unfortunately it seemed that some of the Number users of Tatsunagi Academy seemed to only be focused on the enemy directly in front of them and somehow completely ignored the giant sphere blocking out the sun. That wouldn't happen for long. As dark mist began to attack the Dreadroot a massive beam of black energy came down and blasted the creature out of the air. It seemed that the Wicked Avatar was starting to make its move. With its ability it would be a lot harder to shoot down. After if shot down Black Mist another beam came down on Sojiro and and his Dark Xyz Rebellion Dragon. 

HOPE SHIELD! Before the moment of impact Number 39 intercepted the attack from the massive creature. Ringo now riding her ZW-Tornado Bringer came on the scene. She looked a Sojiro and yelled ARE YOU OKAY! 

She looked around to observe what was happening when she noticed that a boy with a pink dragon that she hadn't scene before was now making his was to combat Dreadroot. Dreadroot looked at this new threat and realized that it could probably deal more damage on a more practical scale. The massive beast waved his arms and hit the top of the sea cause a massive upheaval of water to hopefully take out all of these combatants at once. 

JUSTICE SLASH!!!

KUUUUUGGGIIII PUNCH!!!

At that moment Daiyusha and Nova Caesar both attacked the wave and was able to part at least some of it making it so that they could protect the yacht itself. It was a rental after all. Nelly was riding on Daiyusha's shoulder while holding Navy in his hand. Nelly was trying to observe the situation and he realized one thing. The school was at a severe disadvantage right here.  What he would have to do is lead some kind of tactical retreat. After looking out into the distance he realized that the group wasn’t that far from the actual city of Osaka. Granted this had to also be a part of the trap, but when you’re in for a penny you’re in for a pound.

The city is just a few miles due south. Follow me! Nelly turned around and piloted Daiyusha directly to the city using evasive maneuvers as too hopefully avoid the Wicked Avatar’s attacks. Hopefully the other students would be smart and follow his lead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back on the home front Nantian was trying to figure how could Sho allow this to happen. The Asian man new that this had to be some kind of trap this whole tournament business, but Nelly insisted on falling for it. Have to wonder why that man seems to have no fear. However what he didn’t know was that the trap wasn’t just meant to trap the Number users it was also meant to take a large part of Tatsunagi’s fighting force away from Tatsunagi Academy.

Soon the island that was Tatsunagi Academy was quickly covered by foreboding storm clouds. Where they came from nobody seemed to know until a large screech made itself known. Nantian could only look in shock as the twisted dragon descended from the skies and with a mighty shriek lay waste to a portion of the island. Naturally Nantian was shocked, not buy the actual attack itself but the fact that Muse didn’t kick in at all. Somehow the school’s security system was down for a time being. After a quick reboot though alarms started ringing throughout the whole island. Tatsunagi Academy itself was actually under attack.

Unfortunately, by that moment it was already too late. Surrounding the school in a delta formation was a pillar of fire, a pillar of lightning, and pillar of oozing darkness. Luckily Nantian wasn’t at a school full of wimps. Students were already anxious to go out and attack the invaders. In fact, the thought that Tatsunagi Academy itself would actually be invaded was such a foreign thought the battle became more entertaining. Explosions began to liter the island as students engaged the enemy. Nantian however decided to try attacking the massive eyesore in the sky. He ran up to the top of one of the Academy’s buildings and he held up two cards.

These guys want to see a dragon! Well then I guess I’ll just have to show them the strongest dragon out there come forth RED DAEMON’S DRAGON! 

Prior...

Adel's fingers curled away as Shiki so rudely refused her hand. The twins left without a word, though a burning question still laid low in Adel's mind. A lid was put on this thought as her phone went off, which was pretty rare. Drey's too. Simultaneously they both scooped their phones from their cavernous pockets.

Sincerely

Dr. V

Adel's eyes widened as she finished the message, though Drey was much slower on the pull up. Eventually his brow raised too, prompting a shared look from them. Their lips quivered for a moment, before the two shared devilish grins. Without hesitation they both tapped Y.

Now...

Adel and Drey had taken residence in the lower deck of the yacht. The beauty of the ocean was utterly lost on them, and they failed to appreciate it's majesty like the other students. Adel groaned as she downed a Kwell pill. "Still got dat motion sickness?" Drey inquired sincerely.

Adel swallowed hard from a water bottle she had been carrying. "Yeah, and it freaking sucks. Typical that out of the fraternal twins I copped it" she groaned as a sudden lurching of the boat threw them both from their seats. "What the f**k was that?" Adel shrieked.

Grabbing their supplies, the two stumbled above deck to find the Wicked Dreadroot assaulting them, with the Wicked Avatar high above. "What deh hell?!" Drey roared as the students started to abandon ship. Reacting quickly, the two of them brought out 4 Support Battleguards, which immediately became amber balls that circulated into two Overlay Networks. "Xyz Summon!! Lavalval Chain!!" they both declared.

The twin fire serpents burst forth from their portals, coiling around like snakes. Sparing no time they leapt onto their respective dragon and took off, catching up with Nelly. "Mind explaining to us just what the hell is going on?!" Adel demanded.

Noir grunted as two other Number users blantly ignored that he had called dibs on the Dreadroot, however, he had to admit that fighting in a group was, taken logically, the best thing to do, against an opponent that was that huge. When 'Dark Mist' through its attack at the giant, Noir saw something at the corner of his eye, but before he could turn around, his mightiest Number was struck and shot out of the air like a 'Kuriboh', the shockwave pushing Noir against the reiling.
Once he had found himself again, he could see that another Monster, a dark Dragon was also under attack from the sky, coming presumely from the Monster that blocked the sun up in the sky. An annoying giant thing, it was. However, the Dragon was saved by Ringo and her Utopia. Why couldn't she have intercepted earlier?
Noir activated his 'Xyz Reborn' Trap Card, reviving his 'Number 96: Dark Mist' from the Graveyard, which took place by his side again. If he had some sense of honor and pride, it was seriously damaged by the way the Dreadroots controller fought this battle. Attacking him from the sky, while he wasn't looking at it at all? That wasn't very nice, even for the low standards Noir had for the time of war.
The Dreadroot did make another a movement, however, Noir wasn't sure if it was directed to him or just to the school in general. Nonetheless, it's attack produced a giant wave, that would have destroyed the yacht, if Nelly and Navi hadn't intercepted. Noir lifted his hand to thank the two for his rescue, but when they made a run for Osaka, Noir did not follow them. Instead, he took out another special card from his D-Pad: "I activate 'Rank-Up-Magic Malice Dining Force' and use my 'Number 96: Dark Mist' to reconstruct the Overlay Network! When the shadows are devoured by even darker shadows, a curtain pulls back and reveals, a world without light! 'Chaos Number 96'! Scoop down, 'Dark Storm'!" Dark Mist turned purple as the Spell took effect and shot into the galaxy-shaped portal again. From it emerged a Beast on four legs, ghostly flames burning on its legs and serving as its eyes. When Noir took seat on its back, it let out a deep, threatening roar.
Having his strongest Monster at the battlefield, that was also immune to destruction from above, gave Noir a lot of his confidence back, maybe even more than he had before. So, while threshing across the water, he screamed towards the Dreadroot, hoping the one controlling him heard him: "Coward! Are you so afraid of the true Darkness, that you need your friend from above to rescue you? Coward! Stop your hiding and fight me! And if you do, I promise you, one of us will never set foot on the land again!" With this, 'Dark Storm' jumped and launched another attack at 'The Wicked Dreadroot'.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan was shocked to see the school under attack, to say the least. He had heard somewhere that the war with Osaka was cancelled, because the Tsukumo Institute had offered a peaceful way of dealing with the situation, what Nathan thought really showed their kindness and respect of them. But now, it all turned out to be a trap, so Nathan pulled out his D-Pad and got ready for a fight, to protect the school if it became necessary, although, he was unsure if he could really help the school that much, since during the assault on Fudo, he was rescued more than he was fighting.

Sojiro stood there as he watched his black dragon continue to fight the dark god, until he noticed that the large dark sphere in the sky started to move. Well, that looked rather bad. Sojiro more less stared in wonder as it simply blasted away a monster with relative ease, and then moved on to attack Sojiro's monster. Rebellion Dragon looked surprised as the attack came down to kill both it and its master, only for the attack to completely fizzle out. Where the attack had stopped stood Number 39: Utopia, with a rather concerned Ringo. With a cheery smile, Sojiro waved to her and said, "I'm fiiine. Thanks Ringo~"

It was then that he realized that just attacking the dark god in the sea wasn't going to work. Sojiro started to wonder just what it did. Hmmm. While he couldn't think of anything, he did come to the realization that the only way something this simple looking could be dangerous would be if it had some sort of super effect. If that were the case, then- oh right, they were leaving now to not dying. Dying wasn't any fun at all. Whistling over to his dragon, the dark rebellion started to go take off away from the action, with Sojiro quickly jumping on it to ride it. Stretching out both of his arms he let out a "weeeee~" as he continued to fly through the sky towards the destination.

----------------------------------------------

They were here. Those who would oppose the absolute law of this school. Those who would defile the campus with their monsters. Those who would dirty the sky with their filthy dark god. Judgement would soon be upon those very such people. With her scarf fluttering in the wind, and her wooden blade pressing against the floor of the school courtyard, Astraia, the champion of truth and justice herself stood there, staring at the Wicked god above, being assaulted by the Signer Dragon that was Red Dragon Archfiend. Wondering if it was her place to interrupt such a fight, her attention was also grabbed by the gigantic pillars that had been brought fourth by the invading force. Deciding that that would be the ideal place to start dealing with the invaders, she started to walk that way. 

As she made her way, she ended up running into one of those ne'er-do-wells who brought it upon themselves to invade this school. "You there!" She yelled to the male who seemed to have a rather annoyed expression on his face, "leave the premises now, or prepare for a duel of which the likes will cause you nothing but pain."

He was wondering if this girl was serious as he simply chuckled a bit saying matter-of-factly, "I don't think so." Engaging his duel disk, he began to take cards from his deck as he said, "besides, there's no reason to duel you when I could just do this." Throwing what appeared to be a spell card away, he said, "now come forth, Koa'ki Meiru Maximus! Rend this freak of her flesh." With that, a giant mechanized dragon was summoned, that looked primed to kill her. As it glared at her, its eye seemed to start glowing as it fired a beam towards the girl.

Astraia quickly jumped to the side, she had managed to avoid the blast of the mech dragon. "Very well then. The villainous creature that you are truly is a blight upon the world. As such," drawing three cards from her deck she continued, "I shall strike you down where you stand. Now then, I summon Elemental Hero Neos Alius and Bubbleman," the two heroes appeared before the dragon, poised to take it on. Throwing in a spell card she said, "now I activate Miracle Fusion, and banish my two heroes to bring forth-"

"Like I'd let you. Maximus!" 

As the dragon fired another beam, it seemed to land a direct hit on Astraia. Content with himself the boy seemed ready to walk away when he heard, "Elemental HERO The Shining!" The hero appeared out from smoke caused by the attack, radiating with light as it stood with both of its arms folded, floating by the side of its master. "Now Shining, let us defeat them and show them this school's power." The monster nodded as it seemed to disappear for a second only to reappear right in front of the the mechanized dragon. As it threw both of its arms to the side, Astraia yelled, "Optical Stream!" The dragon was assault with a large assortment of light blasts until it was completely destroyed. While the owner of the dragon looked in shock at what had just happened, Astraia had made her way over to him as she brought her wooden katana directly into his stomach. Knocking the boy away with her weapon, she stood there, The Shining floating besides her and her scarf flowing in the wind, as she proclaimed, "let this serve as a lesson to all those who would dare oppose our honorable establishment." With that out of the way, the duo had continued to make their way towards the giant dark pillar.   

As Alex returned to the academy's main building for his fourth-period class, his smartphone set off a message alarm. As soon as he checked his phone, he read the message on it. The message made him glad that he didn't have to participate in a war to prove his school's greatness. He quickly replied on his phone, "Yes. Expect to be illuminated. With regards, Alex Puyol." before entering his fourth-period class. This would be the time that he would gather enough Numbers to challenge again that person, to regain what he had lost in that Duel. As he was spaced out on his thoughts about how would he do it, he heard an explosion somewhat near from his room.

In the Mechatronics Club room in the building just near the main building of the Tatsunagi Academy, the secretary of the club, Ivar Andersson, was busy on tweaking his new model for a humanoid robot powered with solar energy, when suddenly his right leg jerked forward towards the table where he worked, knocking off the table with his kneecap and setting the robot flying. Ivar then leaned forward to grasp his aching knee when the robot landed on Ivar, altering the connections of the battery of the robot, and it exploded on Ivar's back. Fortunately he only suffered, alongside a bruise on his right knee; burnt clothing on his back and a sooty face. He then pulled out of his right pocket the source of his trouble: a smartphone set to vibrate when there's a message received. If the message was not that important for Ivar, he might have dashed the smartphone on the floor, which might increase his woe due to having an accident again notwithstanding the cost of that smartphone. Fortunately the message was important, for it said about a challenge for the Number holders of Tatsunagi Academy. He then replied with a "Yes. Prepare your airports and helipads. With love, Ivar." before cleaning up the mess that he caused.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next two days found Alex and Ivar aboard a rented motorboat. Alex did not board the yacht since the chances of meeting with the President of the Numbers Club would increase, and so also would be the suspicion that he would destroy the Numbers Club's strategies. Fortunately Ivar, who accompanied him on the motorboat due to being late on the schedule, did not know yet the true aims of Alex, and also thought Alex was late for the call-time for the yacht. They traveled very fast to catch up with the yacht as close as possible without being detected, when suddenly the sun darkened. Alex and Ivar stared at the sun, but instead they saw a huge black ball blotting out the sun from their sight.

"If I'm not mistaken, that is..." Ivar muttered. Alex finished it with a response, "... The Wicked Avatar. But why is it here Summoned?" He then rolled his eyes around the sea, and then he saw the yacht being threatened to be sunk by a giant skeleton-like creature.

"...And that's The Wicked Dreadroot!" Alex shouted.

Ivar responded, "Damn it, they have lured us into a trap! Those Kansai bastards, they will pay for this!"

"Let me go first," Alex said. "I have a way to stop The Wicked Avatar. You could focus on The Wicked Dreadroot."

"All right, although I could stop them both," Ivar replied.

"Then I'll summon Mahunder. And by Mahunder's effect I Normal Summon Wattgiraffe." An adult woman and a giraffe, both enfolded with lightning, appeared at the front of Alex. "I then conduct the overlay network using Mahunder and Wattgiraffe, to summon Starliege Paladynamo!" As the two monsters on Alex's front were reduced to overlay units, a warrior armored in crystalline and wielding a sword made of a single crystal appeared. "I then use two Overlay Units to divest The Wicked Avatar of its effect, and its attacking capability. And then, Starliege Paladynamo, attack The Wicked Avatar!" The crystal warrior then charged towards the direction of The Wicked Avatar.

"As for me, I summon Mecha Phantom Beast Tetherwolf!" A helicopter with its front side looking like the face of a wolf appeared, hovering stationary above the boat that the two were on. "Its effect when it is Normal Summoned is that I would Summon a Mecha Phantom Beast Token on the field!" What seemed to be a mirage of the Tetherwolf appeared hovering over the boat. "I then Tribute Tetherwolf and the token to Summon Mecha Phantom Beast Kalgriffin!" Tetherwolf and its mirage disappeared, leaving a more ponderous aircraft circling in the air above the boat. It look like a bird due to its presence of a beak, but its girth would remind onlookers that it looks like more of a griffin than a bird. "I then activate Kalgriffin's effect: I send one Mecha Phantom Beast monster from my hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon one Mecha Phantom Beast Token on the field!" A mirage of Kalgriffin appeared circling in the air, but it was apparent that another mirage appeared at about the same time as Kalgriffin's mirage. It was of an artificial satellite-like body, hovering in the air, with its solar panels spread out like the mane of a lion. "And since I sent Mecha Phantom Beast O-Lion to the Graveyard, I Special Summon one Mecha Phantom Beast Token on the field! And then I activate the same monster's effect on the Graveyard: I banish it from the Graveyard to grant me another Normal Summon, and here I go: I Summon Mecha Phantom Beast Harrliard!" From the skies, a fighter aircraft with what seemed to be a lion's face came zooming towards the area where Ivar was, and then circled on the airspace above the boat. "I activate Harrliard's effect: I Tribute one Mecha Phantom Beast Token to Special Summon Mecha Phantom Beast Megaraptor!" The lion-like satellite mirage disappeared, and another fighter aircraft, but now which had the face of a megaraptor, zoomed towards the boat where Ivar was, and then stopped, and circled in the air above the boat. "I'll then use Kalgriffin and Harrliard to conduct an overlay network to summon the greatest inspiration of all aircraft! I beckon you on the field, my Transporter of Dreams, Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack!" Atop the clouds, a large aircraft was taking shape. When it plummeted down, what could be seen were two Overlay Units orbiting a very large airplane with its front side looking like a dragon, larger than Kalgriffin itself which disappeared along with Harrliard. "I then activate Megaraptor's effect: I Tribute one Mecha Phantom Beast Token to add one Mecha Phantom Beast monster from my Deck to my hand." The mirage of Kalgriffin disappeared, and another card appeared in Ivar's hand. "I then activate Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack's effect: I use one of its Overlay Units to Special Summon two Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens on the field. And since I Special Summoned Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens, I activate Megaraptor's effect to Special Summon another Mecha Phantom Beast Token on the field!" Two mirages of the large draconic aircraft appeared, as well as the mirage of Megaraptor. "I then would use Dracossack's other effect: in lieu of an attack, I Tribute one Mecha Phantom Beast monster to destroy a targeted entity. Dracossack, destroy The Wicked Dreadroot!" The mirage of the Megaraptor disappeared with a light, which then is transmitted to the Dracossack. The large aircraft then flew towards Dreadroot and dropped a missile on its head.

Daiyusha was going full steam ahead when it seemed that students were actually catching up to him. Good, it seemed that there could be some hope of surviving this God awful situation. Of course the first two that caught up with him were actually the twins demanding some kind of explanation. He raised his eyebrow in confusion as he didn't know what more he could say other than the obvious. Though it looked like the best way to handle this was to explain what was going to happen more than what just happened. Nelly looked at the two as they were flying to Osaka. 

Its pretty obvious isn't it. We all signed up for some tournament that ended up being an ambush. Originally I was going to have everyone sneak into the city at night and try invading that way, but with the vast support of the student body who said "yes" to that hacked message I couldn't really just go against the will of the students. Which means that we literally gave the enemy two dares to prepare. And this is the result. There is no reason to stay behind and actually fight Dreadroot and Avatar. Odds are those two creatures are well equipped to handle situations that we could come up it. As those two peace loving hippies are about to find out. 
Nelly simply pointed to the two boys who were trying hard to take down the avatars. Soon they would see the fruits of their labors...or lack thereof in this case.

First there was something as the massive aircraft dropped its missile on Dreadroot the creature simply looked at the plane and from the wake of the explosion the Dreadroot was completely unphased. See those two idiots actually think that if you give someone two days of prep time that their boss monster would be destroyed by something as horrifically simple as a game mechanic. Then as the shiny warrior of light aimed its ability at the Wicked Avatar clouds blocked all of its efforts and struck the creature down with lightning. Then the two Titans went on a counter attack. The Dreadroot quickly swung its arm and smacked every plane out of the air even though some of them weren't destroyed because of their token living ability. Didn't matter though as they tumbled out of the air all of the planes were then getting sniped out of the sky by the Wicked Avatar. Right now the only things I can gather is that someone probably used Felgrand's the Xyz's monsters effect on Dreadroot. That has to be why Dark Mist and Rebellion Dragon had no effect on the creature and the same reason why none of our monsters have shrunk in size. Similar to Kansai there must be a team of people guarding the Wicked Avatar. The problem is this time around we have no terrain so we can't spend our time searching for the two owners. Therefore the only logical solution is that we get out of the Avatar's blast range. If the creature is real, I doubt it the summoner would open fire on his or her home city. 

What Nelly didn't say, was that he didn't truly think that the Wicked Gods actually belonged to the Osaka faction. They were an Xyz town so it didn't make sense that would wield something like these. Also where is the third Wicked God if these two are attacking? Nelly noticed that more and more students were making there way behind him riding their own creatures. Good, because right ahead they were about to make it to the city. Not quite the invasion he had hoped but it was something to say the least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The city of Osaka was oddly quite. Actually that's because most of the citizens have been evacuated to nearby cities to hopefully avoid as many casualties as they possibly could. In the middle of the city from a top the school itself Dr. V was busy cursing himself for going along with this plan of action. This is was the downside with the majority vote this stupid war over a card game. It was he who had the genius idea of sending that message to the students as a way to usurp the authority of Student Council President. How ironic that same majority thinking would be his undoing. Now thanks to the retarded old people on the board of the Tsukumo Institute he has to put the whole city in danger. 

Nevertheless he did have to do his job, he did have to protect the students of this school, and even more so he felt it was his duty to help save the world from the menace that was Tatsunagi Academy. He activated his duel disk and and held up to cards. I conduct the overlay network and summon NUMBER 9: DYSON SPHERE! The sky didn't just grow dark...it was replaced with a massive satellite looking structure that was seen from far and wide. It didn't just cover the city of Osaka it made its way past the city, above the Wicked  Avatar, and finally it extended over the island that was Tatsunagi Academy.  With a wave of his hands lasers proceeded to rain down on Nelly and his advanced force. Everyone had to go and make evasive maneuvers. Nelly was literally inflamed with rage as he was trying hard not to dwell on the fact that he could have done something about this if he just made the school mobilize ahead of time. Though now was not the time. He had to figure out a way to minimize the damage from this Dyson Sphere. It was then that he figured out the best option. 

Alright everyone scatter! There has to be number users still in the city if you find one duel em and take em out. Everything seems to be set up to avoid friendly fire so I doubt they would open fire on you next to one of their students.

Archived