[Dark Strike Fighter] got an errata

Took them too long to errata it, though it should have been non-generic, as well. Limit, please.

I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure before this change (starting with Catapult Turtle), errata was reserved for simplifying card effects or changing them so they fit what the effect was supposed to be before print, and not for actually changing them. So I don't know why you would have expected this any sooner.

The only example I can think of this happening before would be Skull Lair, and I am pretty sure I had heard it was originally supposed to only include monsters, but it wasn't printed that way.

So...they knew they broke it from the start, because it was one of the few cards to ever go from 3 to 0 within a format of its release. And years later, they decided, finally, that they should errata it to "once-per-turn".

It's still too good as a Level 7 Synchro option, but it does seem like they'll unban it, otherwise the errata is pointless.

This is just lame.

Can they not leave their mistakes unfixed and let us traditionals have some fun? XD

Well the card is lame now, IMO. Sure it was a mistake before hand...but this is just lame.

Then again 1400 is still a nice hit.

I dunno I have mixed feelings on it. They should just correct all their cards and toss out the "ban" concept.

Well at least this got an errata which along with Turtle does forebode a new age in yugioh were we can see a lot of old cards which by new errata to make them balanced enough to come back into the game.

Still for Dark Strike Fighter I don't think its going to be an issue of it being able to deal 4000 since it would only have that chance if it can attack directly and your opponent has nothing to counter either its ATK or effect.

Well at least this got an errata which along with Turtle does forebode a new age in yugioh were we can see a lot of old cards which by new errata to make them balanced enough to come back into the game.

Still for Dark Strike Fighter I don't think its going to be an issue of it being able to deal 4000 since it would only have that chance if it can attack directly and your opponent has nothing to counter either its ATK or effect.

The mere fact that it has the potential to drop 4k by itself is what will make it the most broken 7 once again.

Also I have a feeling if this came in tcg the old Dark Strike Fighter would be illegal to use and youd have to use the new reprints of it.

Konami isn't stupid enough to alienate the player base that way, like all errata they would just require you to play it using the errata as your guide rather than the card text.

Also is it just me or does anyone else not understand why they are doing this....

like unless they add some other restriction to it there is no point in adding the once per turn eff

Why? LOD Troop Dragons are still legal even though they have the effect wrong.

Because why not? 

Archived