[Dark Strike Fighter] got an errata

I see nothing wrong on Errata'ing this Card

The issue is that they made it busted from the beginning, and are only NOW deciding that fixing their mistakes is a good idea.
Yea, where you guys on this one, Konami, when this was all the rage back in like 2009.

The issue is that they made it busted from the beginning, and are only NOW deciding that fixing their mistakes is a good idea.
Yea, where you guys on this one, Konami, when this was all the rage back in like 2009.

Not sure how they fixed anything with this card :/, unless they give it "cant tribute itself" clause with the once per turn part/

The implication of this is what's more concerning.

Mind Master, Substitoad, Mass Driver..

With a OPT, give me all of them.

Mixed feelings about this errata fever. I think that they should leave these cards in the banlist forever and learn from their mistakes instead of somehow trying to make up for them.

On the other hand, new cards to play, yay!

I remember somebody mentioning in the topic the idea of Konami power-errata'ing cards and I remember pointing out articles from MtG pointing out how, generically, errata'ing previous cards is a horrible solution. But now it seems Konami is going ahead with this idea of power errata.

As for the card itself, while it does shut down both the "Two DSF OTK" and other easy OTKs, this card still is 4000 damage on a stick.

Also I have a feeling if this came in tcg the old Dark Strike Fighter would be illegal to use and youd have to use the new reprints of it.

That'd never happen. You would just have to use the current errata. It's the same for all cards that have received erratas due to misprints/etc. Heck, Liberty At Last's original print says you bounce to the hand, when the current errata is to send them to the Deck.

There's only so much Konami can errata a card. I think I know what they are up to.

They want to make it so that it doesn't look different from the errata differences they've done in the past.

Even if these new ones are actually changing the effects, it has to look as if it could have always worked that way.

Though Summon conditions aren't impossible to do *Looks at Neo Daedalus and still awaits for the day I meet a copy with correct text*.

DSF is probably being seen under the umbrella that it might not get to attack directly all that often, reducing that damage considerably (yes I also think the not-so-hard-to-do 4k potential is  still stupid). Then again, the average ATK stat from the new gen might get to a point where Goyo might have a shot...

IMO all they need to do to DSF other than the OPT clause, is to allow 1 OTHER monster to be Tributed.
Substitoad can be OPT fair, and Cannon Soldiers and Mass Driver could also be nice with an OPT clause.

Heck, probably Ultimate Offering could also come back with an OPT clause.

didn't they make  new frog that was sub toad opt?

no point in doing it there

It wasn't exactly the same effect. Iirc, the new version revives rather than how Substitoad brings them from the deck.

Plus the lack of "your monsters don't die by battle" and I don't remember if there's something else to note.

Archived