The 1st Generation of Masked HERO cards (15/15)

Philemon

The Masked HERO archetype was quickly introduced and quickly killed off by Konami, which is a shame. Transformation Summoning and Double Attacking seemed interesting, but like with it's Anime counterpart the GX Manga was rushed and we never saw any more of them. I've made 6 Main deck monsters (1 of each attribute), 5 Fusion monsters (all except for WATER, which have 2), and 4 Spell/Traps (because all archetypes need support).

[spoiler='Main Deck Monsters']

For these the first 5 Masked Hero's I used Junyorstrong's art of the vanilla Masked Hero's from the manga. The effects are my own. Star Flash's art I got from a picture of Wu Xing by Riderb0y. The 5 vanilla's were given effect's to take advantage Star Flash is meant to be the Neo's or Terra Firma of the Masked Hero's: 2500 ATK, white on his body, and mesh's with other Hero's.

[spoiler='Masked HERO Inferno']

0W4aDRW.jpg

If this card is sent to the Graveyard by "Mask Change": You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on your opponent's side of the field; destroy that target. If it was a Trap Card, you can add 1 Trap Card from your Graveyard to your Hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Masked HERO Gust']

xm547uu.jpg

If this card is sent to the Graveyard by "Mask Change": You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on your opponent's side of the field; destroy that target. If it was a Spell Card, you can add 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard to your Hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Masked HERO Fountain']

d12JljB.jpg

If this card is sent to the Graveyard by "Mask Change": You can return 1 Monster on the field or in either players Graveyard to their respective owners hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Masked HERO Bassols']VGgsPfe.jpg

If this card is sent to the Graveyard by "Mask Change": "Masked HERO" Fusion Monsters cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Masked HERO Dusk Crow']yEZdrG6.jpg

If this card is sent to the Graveyard by "Mask Change": Draw 1 card. If it is a Monster Card; you can discard it and destroy 1 Set card on the field.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Masked HERO Star Flash']OKjn3Mn.jpg

Once per turn, you can target 1 Fusion "HERO" monster in your Graveyard; shuffle it into the Extra Deck, and if you do, this card's Attribute becomes that monster's Attribute. If 2 or more HERO monsters are destroyed at the same time, you can Special Summon this card (from your Hand).[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Fusion Monsters']
And here we have the meat of the archetype, the Fusions. Some of them have effects when summoned, other's while in a certain position. The pictures I got from a variety of sources, most deviantart. I'll list them here and not clog up the pages. Burning Wizard,  Dark Law, Little Gills, and Rough Chalice were all from deviantart, Light Saga was from zerochan

[spoiler='Masked HERO Dark Law']FaTlPDJ.jpg

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: Destroy all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field with less original ATK then this card. [/spoiler]
[spoiler='Masked HERO Burning Wizard']JTpjAsa.jpg

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned by using "Mask Change" on a Fusion "HERO" monster: You can shuffle all "Masked HERO" monsters in your Graveyard into the Deck, this card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each card shuffled into the Deck this way.[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Masked HERO Little Gills ']l0QAchb.jpg

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "HERO" monster in your Graveyard, Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position. It cannot be targeted by your Spells and Traps.[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Masked HERO Light Saga']RPisaEr.jpg

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: Both players shuffle all Banished cards into their respective Decks and draw 1 card. [/spoiler]
[spoiler='Masked HERO Rough Chalice']L4xeS7g.jpg

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. As long as this card is in Attack Position: Neither player can active Trap Cards, expect during the Main Phase 2.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spell and Trap Cards'] And finally we have the spell cards. Keeping Guard, Heroic Resolve, Slide Change, and Mask Change (Second) were all from deviantart.

[spoiler='Double Attack (Keeping Guard)']
JdfnF1X.jpg
Activate by targeting 2 "Masked HERO" monsters on your side of the field. If the first monster would ever be destroyed, destroy the second monster instead (even if both would be destroyed at the same time).
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Heroic Resolve Against Space and Time']
IQbz2z9.jpg
Activate only if (exactly) 1"Masked HERO" Fusion monster is destroyed by your opponent (battle or card effect): Return it to the field and increase your Life Points by 1000. You cannot declare an attack with the selected Monster for your next 2 turns.[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Mask Change (Second)']
ICNMD2Z.jpg
Discard 1 card and Tribute 1 "HERO" monster. Special Summon 1 Level 8 "Masked HERO" monster with the same Attribute as the Tributed monster from your Extra Deck. You take no battle damage for the rest of the turn.[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Slide Change']
8ZywNrE.jpg
Select 1 Fusion "Masked HERO" monster on your side of the field: Return it to the Extra Deck and Special Summon 1 "Masked HERO" with a different Attribute and lower Level from the Extra Deck (this is treated as a Special Summon with "Mask Change"). You cannot Attack this turn and the summoned monster's effect is negated.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Took me a few days to find the picture, make the cards, upload them and such. I'd say it was worth the effort in the end.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So far I find these cards fairly good except for Dusk Crow and your space & time spell card. 

With Dusk Crow, you get to destroy two cards for the price of one. If you change it to 'When this card is send to the graveyard by the effect of "mask change"; you can destroy one set spell or trap (you decide as the creator); then you can target one monster on the field and send it to the graveyard.' This would balanced a bit more because of the S/T give you a bit more chance.

With heroic resolve against space and time, you just need to change the wording of re summoning your mask monster because as it stands, they cannot be special summoned by this card.  

Archived