guide to how to get the psycologial advange in a duel

there has been lots of reviews on cards but how can we use them to or advage in a duel well card effects or atacking that win games thats only 50 percent of the battle but how about the other 50. well 25 percent of the battle i antipating ur oppoints next move and anticipateing it but how do we do this

1. look into your oppoints eyes if you do this then youll find out if there bluffing or otherwise

2 study how your oppoint is holding there hand if there holding it stragit then odds are that your oppoint is not bluffing and therfore dont do anything

if there toying with there cards then odds are that problwey means that yor oppoint is scared about your next move so go out with everything ill post more tomorrow im tired so plz rte this guide

Having someone have a physiological advantage over you can cause you to get clumsy and draw 2 cards at a time by accident, forget to activate face downs, misread monster effects, even cause you're heart to beat to fast, it's like being scared like hell, nervous, and tired at one time.

Jeez.

Psychology comes down to four dominant factors:

a) The number of cards on the field;

b) The number of cards in each players' hands;

c) The cards that are face-up on the field.

d) Tempo.

Explainations:

A) The Number of Cards on the Field.

Why would this be psychology? Think. Think of it this way. Your opponent has just activated Brain Control, tributed your Destiny Hero - Disk Commander, and then spun back a Malicious, courtesy of Raiza the Storm Monarch. He then activates Mystical Space Typhoon, destroys your Magic Cylinder, and then strikes for 2400. He then sets a pair of face-downs and ends. You have nothing on the field.

Now, I don't know about you, but that situation would give me the sweats. I'm facing down three cards: I currently have none.

If you think of Yu-Gi-Oh as akin to medieval warfare: Monsters on the field are the armies ready to fight :: monsters in the hand are armies relaxing, training, recuperating, etc. NOBODY would like to be staring down a big monster with god-knows what-else in the backrow while you stand there dumbfounded and unable to do anything, since your opponent MORE RESOURCES ON THE FIELD THAN YOU DO. Therefore, they have the upper hand. They control the game, for now.

B) The Number of Cards in Both Players' Hands

This is a very easy but very overlooked part of the game. If you have more cards than your opponent, you immediately hold two edges: a practical edge, and a psychological edge. You have a practical edge in that you have less options than your opponent, I'll explain that in a sec. You have a psychological edge for one very simple reason: Your opponent has no idea what cards are in your hand.

He can't predict what you could do next, and he has to devote his limited resources to attempting to stop you: of course, he might have gone in the completely wrong direction and handed you the game. Those are the kinds of slips that happen when you are under psychological pressure.

Ok, now for the explanation in practical use of hand size. Lets say this. You have a Cyber Dragon on the field. Your opponent has nothing. You have six cards in your hand. Your opponent has five cards in their hand. Now, its' very likely that your opponent will, in their five cards, have something to get rid of your Cyber Dragon. But, let's say you activate Trap Dustshoot. Your opponent now has four cards in their hand. It's still likely they'll be able to eradicate your Cyber Dragon.

Now, how about you activate Confiscation. Your opponent now has three cards, against your four. Now, he'll start getting a little worried: alarm bells will be jingling: this Cyber Dragon's getting more of a problem for him: he'll need to get rid of it straight away, but it's getting harder and harder.

But now, you activate The Forceful Sentry. Your opponent loses yet another card from their hand: back to the deck, but still, it's not in their hand. Your opponent now has two cards, to three. NOW things are really looking alarming, he's not going to be able to get rid of that big mean Cyber Dragon so easily.

Now, to seal your opponents' fate, you activate Delinquint Duo. Your opponent has no chance, he has to discard his hand. Right now, you have two cards: he has none.

Now, currently, that Cyber Dragon that was once just an annoying little bug has become a REAL problem. Whats' worse for your opponent: he has nothing to get rid of it, while YOU still have two cards in your hand. Two cards. What a huge advantage!

C) Face-up Cards on the Field

Basically self-explanatory. If you're facing down a Five-Headed Dragon with 5000 ATK, you'd feel a lot more pressure than if you were facing an errant Card Trooper with 400. Why? Because there are more cards: more OPTIONS, for you to eliminate smaller threats. Its' as simple as that.

D) Tempo.

Raiza the Storm Monarch. He's horrible... for the opponent. Why? Because he simply forces your opponent to skip a turn, he can't move forwards: the VERY best he can do is get back to his last turn position, giving you a practically free in-between turn in which you have a window of opportunity to gain massive advantage. The same could be said for Legendary Jujitsu Master: he slowed down your opponent, stopped them drawing, practically. Tempo is a huge factor in the current game. If you control the tempo of the game: you control the game itself.

Stall forces the opponent to play IT'S game, forces it to leave it's own game to play the Stall players' game. DDT is the same: a deck playing DDT had to play to the speed of DDT: either that or you were left in the dust, killed by Dimension Fusion. Same with Demise OTK. Same with the Gadgets: waste their monsters then hit you with the little Machines. Same with the Monarchs: determined to slow you down while the 2400 beatsticks radically killed your game.

The best decks force the opponent to play IT'S game: and by doing that, you take away from what the opponents' practised for. He's playing in unfamiliar ground: and THAT is a HUGE psychological advantage to have.

THIS IS AWESOME!

I love fooling my opponent and making him or her particularly afraid of my face-down monsters. My face-downs rarely get attacked, because my opponent is either afraid of effects or high defense power (my two rock decks).

It's also fun to have your hand kind of hover over a face-down magic/trap card so your opponent is worried that if they do something, you'll mess them up with that card. (I've done this with a face-down Black Luster Ritual card)

Archived