YCM Network

Night

Nw_YCMNetwork.png

The YCM Network (hosted on YouTube) is fully up and operational,

the content that is created however is completely up to you.

[spoiler=What is the YCM Network?]

It's a YouTube channel made for the sole purpose of showcasing member created content in a different way for the enjoyment of everyone on the forum.
Anything and everything will be on the network; games, art, yugioh, reviews, literature, etc.

If you're wondering where you come in, it's pretty simple. By joining you can create any content you desire or you can simply assist in the development of the channel by voicing your opinions.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules]

The following rules were stolen from AIX' club because I didn't feel the need to type shit that was already common sense.

• All YCM Rules apply and they can be found here: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/213935-the-rules-of-ycm/. You should have read them anyway when you joined this forum.

• Do not flame, insult, belittle or otherwise be disrespectful to fellow members, even if you do not agree with what they are saying or their opinions. Everyone has the right to speak their mind here and display their creativity.

• No trolling or spamming with the intent of filling this thread with useless posts.

• I have the right to add and/or modify these rules and you must follow them.

• Use common sense. This is perhaps the most important rule as it covers more or less everything above. You should know if what you are doing is wrong.

Don't be a fucking idiot. 

Last one's mine.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Application]

Username:

How do you plan to contribute?:

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Members]

Directors:

Night

Aix

Hinagiku Katsura

Tormented

Members:

Armadilloz

Black

Broken

D.A.

Daemon

DL

HN Elly

I Hate Snatch Steal

iHop

Jakuzure Nonon

Madsen

Merciful Idiot

Prime-Ace John

Rai

Remo

Sakura Haruno

Striker

Thar

Toyo-tan

Welche

YRPOtaku169

Zeppeli Gyro Supreme

The directors are the managers of the account, send your shit to them.

The secretary, Hina, organizes shit, talk to her about anything that pertains to the channel as well as any questions you may have.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Quick links]

YCM Network

[/spoiler]

Nw_Easter_Event8.png

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Username:

Kazooie

Kazooie Breegull on YT

Ideas and feedback I suppose...

I don't know if it's helpful or not, but I do have Camtasia Studio 8 on my laptop, so I suppose I can try to get competent at video editing and stuff in order to help out a bit more, but as is, I'm kind of limited in what I can actively participate in. ^^''

Username: Thar (tuffguy1992 on Youtube)

How do you plan to contribute?: I can start with just throwing out ideas. I have Skype, a decent headset, and a facecam if needed. I can also do Screencasts, albeit it would be primarily for commentary w/ visual aid more than anything. One of my ideas (based off of others) was a Let's Read with fics from the site as well as others from fanfiction.net or something related just to add variety (and juice.) I can also take part in podcasts and the like if prompted.

That brings up something: Aix plans to get a Skype call for Akatsuki going and making a video of it. It might possibly be of that group Anime-watching deal that we threw together for Friday evening, which actually sounds like fun.

Mass added everyone, and fixed the link.

First order of business should probably be about the process of how we will go about getting the content onto the channel.

We'll need more than two people managing the account. 

Username:

Zeppeli Gyro Supreme

Well really, I'm just throwing my hat in here to give some ideas and possibly help. It seems like there should be more information for what this is, by the way. Anyways, as far as videos and stuff goes, I own Sony Vegas for editing, Hypercam (without the annoying "Unregistered hypercam 2" watermark) for recording footage, and a mic alongside Audacity. I have made videos on decks and Yu-Gi-Oh! in general before, but nothing all too serious. If you really want to look at some of the stuff I've done, I made a playlist of my yugimans stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4O1CXd0GYDNQrhGdezPHZr4rL7Jn06Jc

Mass added everyone, and fixed the link.

First order of business should probably be about the process of how we will go about getting the content onto the channel.

We'll need more than two people managing the account. 

This is what I'm really curious about. I mean with so many people recording videos and stuff, you can't have two, hell even three people might not be enough to edit videos and upload them to the account.

It really depends on who can be trusted. I don't think many people would f*** with the account just to do it, but always better safe then sorry.

As far as getting video files and stuff to people, Dropbox is absolutely my preferred way of transferring files.

edit: it's like 3:12 for me and i have a collage class to attend later, so if i don't respond to anything after this, assume i'm passed out

Username: Sakura Haruno (RaikiriLatias on YT)

How do you plan to contribute?: Probably some advice on how to survive here on YCM (essentially a "newbie guide" or something). Toyo already said they'd do a cardmaking video, but I might do one as well (note that I don't play competitively, so it'll mostly be done from a common sense POV). Other than whatever I noted, I could do some GFX related stuff but I'm nowhere in skill near Night or any of the veterans in that section, so at a loss of words here. If anything else comes to mind (i.e. if you guys want Pokemon X-related stuff, then I could do those), I'll say something.

I have access to Movie Maker and some other programs, however I don't have an attached camera on my computer so any videos will be text-related w/me talking [Videos usually make my voice sound bad]. I'll try to do one every 1-2 weeks, depending on if college decides to throw hardballs at me. Most of the movies will be .wmv (if I use Movie Maker on other computer) or .avi/.mov if I use the one on the PC I'm using to type this.

As for distributing the files, I don't have access to Dropbox but I can upload the videos on Mediafire or something (in a ZIP folder) if that works.

Username:

Zeppeli Gyro Supreme

Well really, I'm just throwing my hat in here to give some ideas and possibly help. It seems like there should be more information for what this is, by the way. Anyways, as far as videos and stuff goes, I own Sony Vegas for editing, Hypercam (without the annoying "Unregistered hypercam 2" watermark) for recording footage, and a mic alongside Audacity. I have made videos on decks and Yu-Gi-Oh! in general before, but nothing all too serious. If you really want to look at some of the stuff I've done, I made a playlist of my yugimans stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4O1CXd0GYDNQrhGdezPHZr4rL7Jn06Jc

Added, and fixed, thanks.

This is what I'm really curious about. I mean with so many people recording videos and stuff, you can't have two, hell even three people might not be enough to edit videos and upload them to the account.

It really depends on who can be trusted. I don't think many people would f*** with the account just to do it, but always better safe then sorry.

As far as getting video files and stuff to people, Dropbox is absolutely my preferred way of transferring files.

edit: it's like 3:12 for me and i have a collage class to attend later, so if i don't respond to anything after this, assume i'm passed out

I'm willing to give it to anyone with any competency in regards to handling video files, slight video-editing knowledge would be optimal. 

Good night, and likewise, this is probably my final post for the night.

Username: Sakura Haruno (RaikiriLatias on YT)

How do you plan to contribute?: Probably some advice on how to survive here on YCM (essentially a "newbie guide" or something). Toyo already said they'd do a cardmaking video, but I might do one as well (note that I don't play competitively, so it'll mostly be done from a common sense POV). Other than whatever I noted, I could do some GFX related stuff but I'm nowhere in skill near Night or any of the veterans in that section, so at a loss of words here. If anything else comes to mind (i.e. if you guys want Pokemon X-related stuff, then I could do those), I'll say something.

I have access to Movie Maker and some other programs, however I don't have an attached camera on my computer so any videos will be text-related w/me talking [Videos usually make my voice sound bad]. I'll try to do one every 1-2 weeks, depending on if college decides to throw hardballs at me. Most of the movies will be .wmv (if I use Movie Maker on other computer) or .avi/.mov if I use the one on the PC I'm using to type this.

As for distributing the files, I don't have access to Dropbox but I can upload the videos on Mediafire or something (in a ZIP folder) if that works.

This also brings up an excellent point. Anyone who's willing to contribute video content should plan on being at least somewhat consistent.

A video noob-guide could be hilarious actually, I'd like to make that our semi-official first project if people like the idea. 

That works.

Basically take some ideas from Darkplant's "How Not to Be a Noob" guide and rephrase them. Or pretty much elaborate on what I usually tell new members when they get in here, which pretty much says a lot of stuff from there.

Being consistent is important for this channel, but sometimes life is going to be a pain in the neck and not afford you that time to make the videos like you promised to. Out of curiosity, how long would you like videos to be? (I would assume around 4-6 mins, but since Axi and you are the ones running it, I'll wait for a definite answer)

Username: Hinagiku Katsura

How do you plan to contribute?: I was actually thinking that it would help to have members devoted to organization. Perhaps as a mediator so that you know when to expect certain people not to be available. It's actually almost like a secretary. Obviously, besides that, more input and insight on any matters that some may be confused about.

Er, on top of just asking me questions if they are to be asked, I would also not mind keeping a schedule of when people are planning to be too busy or gone and updating it whenever possible.

Just one thing, of course.
I mean, I'm sure even a secretary has to learn her job. So, considering I am as new as almost anybody else to this group, I may not be able to answer everything right away.

That being said, if my name is changed to "Secretary Hina," I will respond by changing my avatar to a well-dressed lady with glasses. They're mandatory for the social connotation.

Username: Hinagiku Katsura

How do you plan to contribute?: I was actually thinking that it would help to have members devoted to organization. Perhaps as a mediator so that you know when to expect certain people not to be available. It's actually almost like a secretary. Obviously, besides that, more input and insight on any matters that some may be confused about.

Welcome aboard, Secretary Hina. 

I think it's a good idea to have someone in charge of keeping track of everything. When this takes off, it's going to get very hectic really fast.

I also want to operate on a schedule, if possible. Something like:

Sunday: Art w/ Night

Monday: Let's play w/ ___

Tuesday: Let's read w/ Thar

Wednesday: Podcast w/ ___

Thursday: Yugioh w/ ___

Friday: YCM recap w/ ___

Saturday: Random one-off 

Not exactly as fixed as that is, and definitely not that frequent especially early on, I don't want to bite off more than we can chew but something like 3-4 videos per week and then slowly upping the video count as we start to get used to things should work out nicely. 

Oh, yes. I thought that fighting against chaos with order would be a very strong start. By keeping a strong, stable basis, people are less inclined to apathy and resolve to continue is indomitable in comparison to the stupidity I see from a lack of organization. By starting immediately with order, everything can be set up for a long time while I, of course, update when anybody will be unavailable as frequently as possible.

This works because my iPod has notes, generally, that I am very, very deft with. It is certainly a massive utility to be offered to us all from a device as insignificant as this iPod, which is another reason I thought it would be entertaining. Also because I have an odd fascination for being the secretary for some bloody reason.

Of course, everybody will have to first TELL all of us what they plan to do and when before I can even start a schedule.

Username: Tormented, the only.

I could create a podcast around YCM News and other things such as discussion on TCG and YuGiOh itself and livestream it as well

I could create speed-arts (although better designers might be a bit more appropriate)

I could do "let's plays" if a decent audience watched the videos, I could also possibly get into reviewing games and record me reviewing said games and possibly do livestreams on me researching the game. 

I can create a YCMNetwork Twitch Account for this very reason and operate the twitch account from an administrative role as I have ran many a number of community channels as well as moderate for a channel that has over 1k views and sometimes even over 10k

fite me

Archived