[Sakura] Arcanite Dragon Summoner

NXynhkb.jpg

You can return 2 Dragon-Type monsters in your Graveyard to the Deck: Target 1 Level 6 or lower Dragon-Type monster you control; Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck with a lower Level than the targeted monster. Until your opponent's End Phase, its ATK/DEF are halved and its effects are negated. The effect of "Arcanite Dragon Summoner" can only be activated once per turn.

Yes, Dragons have A TON of support cards right now and this pretty much gives them another reason to spam their ace monsters.

However, you need to not only banish this card, but also control another Dragon to activate this effect.

Even then, the SS monster must be a lower Level than the selected one and gets its stats halved and effects negated until your opponent's End Phase.

Hopefully there are enough restrictions so it doesn't push Dragons more over the edge if they weren't already.

(Personally, I would've liked to make this for Genryuu but they don't have enough revealed members for any real support. I may edit the effect so it can support both of them [in theory, Genryuu are Dragons but can't abuse any of the support that normal ones get].)

[spoiler=Update Guide]

• Put a limiter on the required Dragon (has to be Level 6 or lower to activate)

• Level increased to 6; ATK increased to 2300. Now requires 2 Dragons to be returned to the Deck from grave. Also has an OPT clause added.

• Removed limiter

[/spoiler]

With that said and done, CnC/fix OCG/love/hate, etc.

All good reviews will be repped (make sure you adhere to the Advanced Clause though).

Looking at this, there're two decks that come to mind that can potentially break it - Lightsworn Rulers and Hieratic Rulers.

It's too slow for the first - they can't really search it, they can't really summon it, and they hardly gain any mileage from its effect - you are already toolboxing enough, you don't need a potentially dead draw. In Hieratic Rulers it's a bit more viable because you can Tribute summon it for profit but... they have a ton of better options to go for. At best it could open up some weird variants focused more on R7/8 but it just wouldn't be consistent enough.

So you don't have to worry about breaking the already broken stuff even more, and because otherwise it's really really underwhelming, you should think of a buff, because as it is it's a 1-for-1 that doesn't really lead anywhere, and that's not worth the awkward level 5. I'd suggest something like:

> Make it level 6 (always wary of lv5 Lights because Pleiades is a thing)

> Either make it able to SS itself via some condition OR instead of banishing itself, make it return a Dragon from the Graveyard to the deck (not saying Banish because even Banish isn't a cost for most Dragon variants any more). Then give it a hard OPT clause.

Lightsworn Rulers will still not really care for it because they will always be able to toolbox their stuff better and they don't need potentially dead draws. It will become admittedly better in Hieratic Rulers, where it being 6 will actually be a plus if it stays, but at least Hieratic Rulers aren't as obnoxious and sacky as their Lightsworn brethren. And because Hieratic Rulers don't really do high Ranks right now, this wouldn't be too good in them - on the other hand it might actually give some life into higher Rank variants, which would be a welcome plus.

Originally, I didn't have a Level restriction. I put one on because of Rulers and potential REDMD spam.

But advice taken, it returns 2 Graveyard dragons to the Deck to pull off instead of banishing itself. It does have an OPT clause on it (meaning you only get 1 use per turn); though I did remove the "you can only control 1 of this card" effect b/c of redundancy.

Now that it's Level 6, Hieratics do have another monster they can use to summon out whatever Rank 6 monsters (or any lower Ranks they use).

Thank you both for the comments/CnC; repped.

Woah woah.

The "Level 6 or lower" req for the enabler completely kills it, with it, it's weaker than it originally was. There's really not much harm in it being able to SS the rulers, considering they don't even get the full bulk of their attack - given the return-2 cost, Lavalval Chain/Foolish Burial/Dragon Shrine do the same thing faster and more efficiently.

Frankly I just... don't think you need a Level restriction there at all. But if you really want to, at least make it Level 8 or lower. Level 6 is way too restrictive in what you can summon and what combos you can build into, which this card really needs in order for it to be viable in even lesser builds than Ruler variants.

Archived