Astral Numbers (Warning, Super OP effects ahead, read at own caution)

Slinky

Note:

Astral Numbers are kinda like a "Double Rank-Up" in the sense that its better to utilize them through ranking up their Chaos Versions. As such, as it requires dedicated Extra Deck space, and 2 (or more) Rank-Up-Magic cards, their effects are generally over the top, and transcend the "Balance" scale due to difficult summon conditions. As such, these effects are IMMENSELY powerful, and are easily capable of winning the duel in one shot.

That said, I tried to follow a formula for the effects. A conditional effect that requires the Chaos Version, and an "On Summon" effect that generally serves to fuel the Conditional effect.

A couple of these "Astral Numbers" have refer to chaos Versions I have previously created. You can find them at this link:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/311597-my-take-on-the-chaos-numbers/

However, there are none here at this time, as I develop ideas, I will post them, so keep checking back <3

Number A6: Chronomaly Atlandis Ascension

[spoiler='Show']

LIGHT/Rank 9/Machine

4000/4000

4 Level 9 monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned successfully: You can target 1 card on your opponent's field or in their graveyard; Attach that target to this card as a face-up Xyz Material. If this card has "Number C6: Chronomaly Chaos Atlandis" as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect.

●Once per turn: You can detach 5 Xyz Materials from this card; Your life points become 1, and if they do, reduce your opponent's life points by twice the amount of life points you lost.

[/spoiler]

Number A9: Cosmic Dyson Sphere

[spoiler='Show']

LIGHT/Rank 12/Machine

4500/4300

4 Level 12 monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned successfully: You can attach all card(s) your opponent controls to this card as face-up Xyz Materials. If this card has "Number C9: Chaos Dyson Sphere" as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect.

● Once per turn: You can detach any amount of Xyz Materials from this card; Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent for each Xyz Material detached.

[/spoiler]

Number A15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Crusher

[spoiler='Show']

DARK/Rank 11/Machine

3000/2500

4 Level 11 monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned successfully: You can target up to 2 monster(s) in either player(s) graveyard; Special Summon those targets to your opponent's side of the field. If this card has "Number C15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Hunter" as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect.

● You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and declare 1 Type; Destroy all monsters on your opponent's field and in their hand with the declared Type, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the combined ATK of the destroyed monster(s).

[/spoiler]

Number A40: Gimmick Puppet of Light Strings

[spoiler='Show']

DARK/Rank 11/Machine

4000/3000

4 Level 11 monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned successfully: You can target cards your opponent controls, up to the number of Xyz Materials of this card; Destroy those targets, and if you do, draw 1 card for each card destroyed. If this card has "Number C40: Gimmick Puppet of Dark Strings" as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect.

● Each time a card is destroyed: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed.

[/spoiler]

Number A88: Gimmick Puppet Galactic Leo

[spoiler='Show']

DARK/Rank 11/Machine

4300/3500

5 Level 11 monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned successfully: You can detach Xyz Materials from this card, up to the number of cards your opponent controls. During each players End Phase: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. If this card has "Number C88: Gimmick Puppet Disaster Leo" as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect.

● If this card has exactly 1 Xyz Material: You win the duel.

[/spoiler]

Thoughts/Comments?

...I think even with some concessions like Astral using the Chaos forms of Utopia, it's a massive stretch to think that Chaos Numbers would be upgradeable by Astral Force, when Chaos is entirely incompatible with the Astral World, from where Astral Force comes from. Its probably safe to assume that Astral was only ever able to wield Chaos Numbers because he was "contaminated" with Yumastuff.

I mean, I wouldn't normally object to this, but in this case it feels like unnecessary overkill. If you wanted Astral Numbers, why not make them upgradeable from the base Numbers ala Beyond the Hope and if you wanted to go full retard Numbers upgradeable from Astral Forced Numbers

...that said I can't really comment on these balance-wise, I mean R6 and R9 are inconsistent as hell. R8 isn't, but it does get so if you try to mix Rank-Up in, much less two. Any of these could literally be "When you Xyz Summon this by Ranking Up insertpreviousformhere you win the Duel" and the metagame wouldn't bat an eye.

I do have to protest against Galactic Leo though, because it doesn't sound cool enough. I think something like Catastrophe Leo, Calamity Leo, Apocalypse Leo etc would be better. Unless Galactic Leo is meant to be the TCG version of some cooler OCG name.

But generally just doing R+2 Numbers ala Beyond would allow you to do more believable effects, and be more in line with canon.

...I think even with some concessions like Astral using the Chaos forms of Utopia, it's a massive stretch to think that Chaos Numbers would be upgradeable by Astral Force, when Chaos is entirely incompatible with the Astral World, from where Astral Force comes from. Its probably safe to assume that Astral was only ever able to wield Chaos Numbers because he was "contaminated" with Yumastuff.

I mean, I wouldn't normally object to this, but in this case it feels like unnecessary overkill. If you wanted Astral Numbers, why not make them upgradeable from the base Numbers ala Beyond the Hope and if you wanted to go full retard Numbers upgradeable from Astral Forced Numbers

...that said I can't really comment on these balance-wise, I mean R6 and R9 are inconsistent as hell. R8 isn't, but it does get so if you try to mix Rank-Up in, much less two. Any of these could literally be "When you Xyz Summon this by Ranking Up insertpreviousformhere you win the Duel" and the metagame wouldn't bat an eye.

I do have to protest against Galactic Leo though, because it doesn't sound cool enough. I think something like Catastrophe Leo, Calamity Leo, Apocalypse Leo etc would be better. Unless Galactic Leo is meant to be the TCG version of some cooler OCG name.

But generally just doing R+2 Numbers ala Beyond would allow you to do more believable effects, and be more in line with canon.

Yeah, Galactic would be a turd TCG name.

Archived