[Finished]Team Archetype Contest [FINISHED]

wightpower

Trying to get back into a Yugioh mood, but too lazy to draw new cards, so I figure I'll start a contest.

Your Mission: I will split up the entrants into teams of 2 or 3. You must work together with the other members of your team to design a new archetype. You will be graded on how well your cards work with the others from your group, and how well they stack up against the archetypes made by your opposing groups. I'm going to be lenient on image and OCG, but it'll still play a role in the scoring process at the end. The only real limits on your cards are that they are realistic and balanced. Anything else is fine. However, you may not build your archetype off of one that already exists, and you may not use custom cards you've made before. The cards you design for this contest must be original to your group.

Entry Fee and Prizes: There is none, though I will gladly accept donations to raise the stakes. The price of entry is being forced to work with other card makers rather than rely on yourself. Each entrant on the winning team stands to make 100 points each, but I might raise that number should any points be donated. The entrants on any of the losing teams will not win any points, and will instead bring great shame upon their families.

Order of Battle: I'll be taking entrants until Friday, April 4th, but the maximum number of entrants is 18 (unless I somehow get more people interested. I'm keeping my hopes low for now). When either goal is reached, I'll randomly assign you to teams. From Friday the 4th to Friday, April 25th, you must work with your teammates to come up with your archetype. This doesn't just have to be a shared name among monsters, though. As long as the cards support one another in a way that can be called an archetype, I'll be satisfied. I will inform you guys here of the number of cards needed from each of you, and the total number of cards you must make as a group on Friday (the number of cards will be proportional to how many people are in a group, so I want to be sure of who's in the contest before I make that call).

So, yeah, comment or PM me about the contest if you're interested. I'd love to see what you guys come up with through teeth-clenched teamwork. I'll be updating this post throughout the contest, so keep checking in.

Entrants so far: Doc Stein, afunworm, -Aqua-, NerdBoy, OpticalGalaxyStar, Shamrock_Frost, And_Then_There_Were_None, Little Dragon 64, UnendingEmpire, Deity of Ice, RampageXWolf

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I posted this already, but I'll also put it here for quick-reference:

The teams are:

Team 1: And_Then_There_Were_None, Shamrock_Frost, and afunworm

Team 2: Doc Stein, UnendingEmpire, and Little Dragon 64

Team 3: Nerdboy, RampageXWolf, and -Aqua-

Team 4: OpticalGalaxyStar and Deity of Ice (I'll keep a spot open for a late entrant to join you)

The minimum number of cards the team can make for your archetype is 9. The maximum number you can make is 18. Each entrant has to make at least 3 cards for their archetype. Hope you guys have fun working with each other. You have until Friday April 25th to finish your cards.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, we've reached the deadline, and it is now time to randomly assign you guys into teams. From this point on, you will work with your teammates to develop your archetype. There will be three teams of three entrants, and one team of two entrants (sorry, I didn't quite think ahead for odd numbers. Any late entrant will be sorted into the 2-man team to shore up the numbers, though). 

The teams are:

Team 1: And_Then_There_Were_None, Shamrock_Frost, and afunworm

Team 2: Doc Stein, UnendingEmpire, and Little Dragon 64

Team 3: Nerdboy, RampageXWolf, and -Aqua-

Team 4: OpticalGalaxyStar and Deity of Ice, (and possibly 1 more entrant)

The minimum number of cards the team can make for your archetype is 9. The maximum number you can make is 18. Each entrant has to make at least 3 cards for their archetype. Hope you guys have fun working with each other. You have until Friday April 25th to finish your cards.

Archived