[Sakura] Number 115: Saber Striker the Thunderclap Tiger

Z5x6ox6.jpg

2 Level 6 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; halve its ATK/DEF. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; it can attack all other monsters your opponent controls once each. When this card is destroyed while it has Xyz Material: Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase.

As you can probably figure out from the title name, it's another Over Hundred (or in this case, the 108 and beyond series; since the anime never passed 107 with that one exception).

Back to the actual card though, it's designed to weaken an opponent's monster upon summoning, then capitalize on it using its detach effect to attack pretty much everything else (assuming opponent doesn't have anything over 2800). If it dies while equipped with materials, it revives itself during the next turn.

[spoiler=Number/Card Origin]

This card was inspired by Raikou from Pokemon [hence why it's a Thunder/LIGHT monster among other stuff]. As such, its Number stems from said character's SP ATK or SPD stat in games (which is 115).

In actuality, I would've liked to use a pic that resembled said character; much like the case with 110), but since no sufficient pics were available [and I don't have as much time to draw lately], this was the closest thing. (Although I said this was mildly based off of that character, it is NOT a Pop Culture card)[/spoiler]

IMG Credit: http://www.wallpaperpod.com/wallpapers/big/cool-flames-wallpapers-hd-tiger-hdcool-flame-drawings-green-designs-backgrounds-colorful-blue-dragon-text-chemistry-awesome-pics-heating-space-fire-lightning_tiger-jay.jpg

(I edited the Number and some lightning effects onto the pic using GIMP if you'd like to know)

[spoiler=Update Log]

• Stat reduction effect doesn't target.
  • Battle Damage from the additional attacks are halved.[/spoiler]

With that said, CnC/fix my OCG, etc.

Good reviews and CnC will be repped.

Seems balanced to me. It can run over a lot of things, excluding things like Obelisk. I think it would be fine if it didn't target, just so it can run over Obelisk, but that's just bias against Obelisk and stuff. It can also attack multiple monsters, which is nice, but it can lead to some weird OTKs. Halving the damage it does could fix that. Overall, it's a great card.

I debated on adding a halving damage effect to it while making this, but guess I should do it now since 2800 ATK still runs over a lot of monsters nowadays.

As for the first effect, I can just make it like how Elemental HERO Great Tornado does it, and have it decrease the whole face-up field or that one monster originally noted in effect.

Anyway, thank you for the comment.

Weell... this card is actually well-balanced.

...this is awkward.

My only complain is that I don't like things that are related to series/archetypes/iconic stuff that is significant to canon in some way, and aren't given an explanation about why that would be so. Like... why would there suddenly be more Numbers above 107? (the fact that there is a Number 1000 doesn't automatically imply the canonical existence of Number 108-999) What would they relate to? Who would be using them? If there's no premise behind it, then this card could easily not have been a Number.

That said, this is a pretty solid R6. Only thing that worries me is Honest plays, but with halved battle damage it's pretty much a non-issue. The number feels oddly misplaced - perhaps if it was positioned a bit on the right, across its shoulder, it would be better.

Flavor-wise, you could consider this as one of those million Fake Numbers that were released (though I severely doubt that any even went over 107). We'll never know what the others were unless manga does something similar. Number-wise, I could move it to its shoulder or something. (I put the reasoning for it in a spoiler; much like an earlier card I did in the past that was themed after another legendary). If ever used in some spinoff fic, most likely in a Deck that can spam Rank 6s and themed with lightning.

As for the card, yeah Honest and other ATK boosting effects could cause some damage but halving the output on additional attacks keeps it at bay. Think I'm glad I decided to remove the piercing effect in development because that would hurt a lot.

Thank you for the comment though. (Guess the halving damage part was the only thing that needed fixing in this card)

Archived