My Harpie Demon? (Help) ^_^

mai k valentine

This is the my first ever custom made card ^_^

createcard+%25287%2529.jpg

During either players turn, when a spell or trap card is activated, you can pay 1000 Life Points to Negate the activation of the spell or trap card...

Help me improve the card's text?

Suggestions?

oh and i forgot to add "This card's name becomes Harpie Lady while on the field or graveyard"

and here's others (the effects are not accurate :o still thinking about them) 

"Final Formation" 

"Seduction"

createcard+%25282%2529.jpg

createcard+%25281%2529.jpg

I'll go and correct your card lores while also commenting on them. Helps force me to read through the whole thing.

[spoiler Harpie Demon]During either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can pay 1000 Life Points; to Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it of the spell or trap card. This card's name becomes "Harpie Lady" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

Hmm, a constant source of 7 Tools that can affect Spell Cards, while also being available to Harpie support? That's incredibly strong, especially if you're pushing to end the game with Hysteric Party.

[spoiler Final Formation]If you control "Harpie Lady" or "Harpie Lady Sisters": You can banish 3 "Harpie Lady" and/or "Harpie Lady Sisters" cards, from your Graveyard; to inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to half the combined ATK of all the monsters that were banished this way.[/spoiler]

Useful as a game-ending finisher. On average, it'd do ~2000 damage unless you go all-out and banish 3 Sisters, where it'd total 4050 damage.

[spoiler Seduction]Your opponent cannot destroy any "Harpie Lady" monsters by battle or card effects. All monsters your opponent controls are changed to Attack Position. Your opponent can not Set monsters or switch monsters to Defense Position.[/spoiler]

Ah, Shadow of Eyes. Nostalgic. This is effectively Shadow of Eyes in continuous form, with an added indestructibility clause. Though that indestructibility clause is particularly strong if you're using it during a Hysteric Party push.

Awesome OCG Gadjitron. But yeah Mai, I do agree that a lot of these cards are pretty darn powerful, especially Seduction. If I were to do this, I think I'd reimagine it as the following, starting from most-OP to least.  :P

[SPOILER='Seduction']

Activate this card when an opponent's monster declares an attack on a face-up "Harpie Lady" monster. As long as you control a face-up "Harpie Lady" monster, the attacking monster cannot change its battle position, declare an attack, or activate its effects.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER='Harpie Demon']

This card's name becomes "Harpie Lady" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. Once per turn, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can pay 1000 Life Points; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. You must control a face-up "Harpie Lady" other than this card to activate and to resolve this effect.

[/SPOILER]

I like Final Formation though. It's pretty neat, and completely usable without giving too much of an advantage, although it might get dropped to Limited. Although, I have one question: Isn't the Graveyard a part of the field? So, technically, you could say "This card's name becomes "Harpie Lady" while it is on the field" with the same effect? Never mind, found out not. :P

I'll go and correct your card lores while also commenting on them. Helps force me to read through the whole thing.

[spoiler Harpie Demon]During either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can pay 1000 Life Points; to Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it of the spell or trap card. This card's name becomes "Harpie Lady" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

Hmm, a constant source of 7 Tools that can affect Spell Cards, while also being available to Harpie support? That's incredibly strong, especially if you're pushing to end the game with Hysteric Party.

[spoiler Final Formation]If you control "Harpie Lady" or "Harpie Lady Sisters": You can banish 3 "Harpie Lady" and/or "Harpie Lady Sisters" cards, from your Graveyard; to inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to half the combined ATK of all the monsters that were banished this way.[/spoiler]

Useful as a game-ending finisher. On average, it'd do ~2000 damage unless you go all-out and banish 3 Sisters, where it'd total 4050 damage.

[spoiler Seduction]Your opponent cannot destroy any "Harpie Lady" monsters by battle or card effects. All monsters your opponent controls are changed to Attack Position. Your opponent can not Set monsters or switch monsters to Defense Position.[/spoiler]

Ah, Shadow of Eyes. Nostalgic. This is effectively Shadow of Eyes in continuous form, with an added indestructibility clause. Though that indestructibility clause is particularly strong if you're using it during a Hysteric Party push.

OMG :o thank you! <3 

Awesome OCG Gadjitron. But yeah Mai, I do agree that a lot of these cards are pretty darn powerful, especially Seduction. If I were to do this, I think I'd reimagine it as the following, starting from most-OP to least.  :P

[SPOILER='Seduction']

Activate this card when an opponent's monster declares an attack on a face-up "Harpie Lady" monster. As long as you control a face-up "Harpie Lady" monster, the attacking monster cannot change its battle position, declare an attack, or activate its effects.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER='Harpie Demon']

This card's name becomes "Harpie Lady" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. Once per turn, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can pay 1000 Life Points; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. You must control a face-up "Harpie Lady" other than this card to activate and to resolve this effect.

[/SPOILER]

I like Final Formation though. It's pretty neat, and completely usable without giving too much of an advantage, although it might get dropped to Limited. Although, I have one question: Isn't the Graveyard a part of the field? So, technically, you could say "This card's name becomes "Harpie Lady" while it is on the field" with the same effect? Never mind, found out not. :P

i love the limitations you placed ^__^ much better! Thank you guys! xoxo

Archived