YrD7eOI.jpg

Lore:Discard 1 monster form your hand and Ritual Summon 1 Non-Effect Ritual Monster with 2500 ATK or less from your deck of the same Attribute as the discarded monster(ignore that monster's Level Requirements)

[Spoiler=Previous Version]AaEUYFw.jpg[/Spoiler]

I wanted to try my hand at making Ritual Monsters easier to summon(Manju/Senju are kinda slow). The last part is to make sure no one uses The Masked Beast to beatstick early on.

The ATK-reduction kills its application in using your non-effect Ritual monsters to do the only thing they do: attack stuff. They'd only be useful for Extra Deck Summons now, and the minusing you put yourself through for that makes other options better in that case. If you're worried about getting a 3200 beater for your -1 Ritual Spell, then let it actually Ritual Summon the monster from the Deck (with the correct Levels and everything). Unless you're discarding a Level 8 or using the godawful Ritual Raven, you should be dumping two cards along with the Ritual Spell to get Masked Beast from your Deck this way.

The ATK-reduction kills its application in using your non-effect Ritual monsters to do the only thing they do: attack stuff. They'd only be useful for Extra Deck Summons now, and the minusing you put yourself through for that makes other options better in that case. If you're worried about getting a 3200 beater for your -1 Ritual Spell, then let it actually Ritual Summon the monster from the Deck (with the correct Levels and everything). Unless you're discarding a Level 8 or using the godawful Ritual Raven, you should be dumping two cards along with the Ritual Spell to get Masked Beast from your Deck this way.

Truthfully I really was trying to make a card similar to Instant Fusion. But I also wanted to make it easier to Ritual Summon in general. Would it be less rediculous if I just make a Level cap(Levle 7) instead of an ATK reduction?

You'll end up with it pretty much only Summoning Garma Sword that way. 2550 ATK is... pretty ok, and then it's an EEV target, or maybe it could be used as Rank 7 fodder. Given EEV's recent infamy, it might be better for you to give it an ATK restriction of 2500 instead of limiting the Level. That way, EARTH Decks could technically Summon Javelin Beetle for Rank 8 stuff if they want.

I agree with YCMoron on this. Non-Effect Rituals need all the help they can get. That being said, you are awesome for making this card, as I love Ritual monsters. If you're worried about it being too easy to get Rituals out this way, maybe make it so that you can just get rid of non-monsters for the cost? Like, you can send any two or three cards in your hand or field (including spells and traps) to summon a Non-Effect Ritual Monster from your Deck. And if you're really worried about this card being abused for Xyz summoning powerful monsters, maybe make it so the Ritual Summoned cannot be used as tribute or material if it's summoned this way.

Archived