[YCMN] Anime Parody Studios

Aix

What shall we start off with?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which anime should we abridge first?

• Cardfight! Vanguard
    • Monster
    • Angel Beats
    • Log Horizon

SHvtYua.png

[Logo Incoming]

Always been meaning to write scripts for an anime abridged series, so with the YCM Network, I finally decided I'll do it. I do have video-editing ability as well, but I don't think I'll have so much time, so I'm looking for a good video-editor hopefully willing to devote lots of time for the sake of my sadistic perfectionism.

Current Discussion: What anime series should we abridge? Kill la Kill has been suggested, but there is a lot less impact, I think, with parodying a series that is already trying to be ridiculous. I personally want No Game No Life, while it is possible that it would not receive attention for being relatively obscure, it also has quite a decent amount of hype right now and is currently airing thus people are paying attention to it. I'm up for basically anything though, I've seen quite a decent number of shows and I'm willing to watch something if it's short enough.

[spoiler=Rules]
The following rules were stolen from YCM Network which were stolen from my club because I didn't feel the need to type shit that was already common sense.

All YCM Rules apply and they can be found here: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/213935-the-rules-of-ycm/. You should have read them anyway when you joined this forum.
Do not flame, insult, belittle or otherwise be disrespectful to fellow members, even if you do not agree with what they are saying or their opinions. Everyone has the right to speak their mind here and display their creativity.
No trolling or spamming with the intent of filling this thread with useless posts.
I have the right to add and/or modify these rules and you must follow them.
Use common sense. This is perhaps the most important rule as it covers more or less everything above. You should know if what you are doing is wrong.
 Don't be a fucking idiot.

Last one's Night's.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Application]

Username:
How do you plan to contribute?:

Resume:

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Production Staff]

Script Writers

Aix

Black

Agro

Raine

Thar

Broke. N

EptinYugi

Giga

Chaos Sonic

Video Editors

Agro (possibly)

Raine

Tentacruel

Armadilloz

Voice Actors

Black

Agro

Thar

CDDRodrigo

Broke. N

Armz

EptinYugi

Giga

Chaos Sonic

Zeppeli

[/spoiler]

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Username: CDDRodrigo
How do you plan to contribute?: I don't know how to edit videos, but I can record a character's voice with my sexy Brazilian accent and help with the script planning and proof-reading.

I believe we could consider Code Geass. It has plenty of potential for abridged. What do you think?

Username: CDDRodrigo
How do you plan to contribute?: I don't know how to edit videos, but I can record a character's voice with my sexy Brazilian accent and help with the script planning and proof-reading.

I believe we could consider Code Geass. It has plenty of potential for abridged. What do you think?

Code Geass already has the quite popular Code MENT. (Watch it, it's pretty funny actually)

Username: Agro

How do you plan to contribute: I'm a writer, a jokester, I'm told I have an epic voice, I own a C10U mic and I have training in Premier Pro. I'm also quite liable to disappear for several months.

Don't do Code Geass. Do something easier that we can do one-shots of. At least to start off and get our bearings.

If you guys get into this, I would like to video edit for you however I'd have to wait until mid-May when classes end. Working on a series and sync is all well and good but it hits hard time wise. But if you guys can keep something going until then, I'd be glad to help. 

Username: Raine
How do you plan to contribute?: Video editing (After May 20th) and script work. 

Oh, I use Sony Vegas, BTW. 

Username: Thar
How do you plan to contribute?: Voicing and script-writing, as well as sound effects if needed.

Don't do Code Geass. Do something easier that we can do one-shots of. At least to start off and get our bearings.

Kill la Kill.

Oh, for writing purposes, if you want to figure out how to tackle a series, first consider two things about the series:

1. Is there something about the series that you're critical of and is there any way we can satirize it or edit it in such a way that we emphasize the problem, or eliminate it entirely

2. Is there any way we can use the series to make fun of or be critical of the series's fan base?

Username: Thar
How do you plan to contribute?: Voicing and script-writing, as well as sound effects if needed.

Kill la Kill.

WHY DOES EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMOTHER WANT TO ABRIDGE KILL LA KILL!

Let's do something fun like... Chuunibyou or Jojo or Golden Time or GC (> CG). Just... gah, the Kill la Kill bandwagon... 

I'd avoid Kill la Kill for 3 reasons.

1. It's extremely popular and we're not even sure we know what we're doing.

2. Everyone and their mothers who abridge have been doing it or want to do it

3. I don't want to have to watch Kill la Kill.

Cardfight wouldn't be bad to abridge, because it's a different spin on card games than Yugioh, both in mechanics and story, but... hardly anyone here plays it and would probably be confused as fuck, because I assume most haven't watched it either.

Username: If you look up then tilt your head slightly by some degrees to the left you'll find it, but to save you trouble: EPTINYUGI/EP.
How do you plan to contribute?: Voicing and script writing when possible.

How about a serious anime? As Agro said, comedies are hard. Also, how about anime that takes itself too seriously?

I still think the best suggestion so far has been Cardfight. Pretending like it's Yugioh could be a really interesting premise, though we should be careful not to run it into the ground too hard.

Though like EPT said, we could go after a series that takes itself too hard. (part of what made YGO TAS so successful was just how much LK emphasized the fact that the characters seriously take a children's card game as a world-saving game. There's a whole bunch of anime with balatantly ridiculous premises and pieces that can very plainly be emphasized to make fun of.

Another idea would be to abridge Monster and make the villain dude an idiot. (though I've been waiting for an abridged series where everyone isn't a complete idiot... well, besides Hellsing Ultimate Abridged)

Tentacruel
Have mic and can edit.

I'm in, but this is going to be on a separate channel from YCM Network right?

Wouldn't want to risk nuking the whole channel with a copyright strike.

I still think the best suggestion so far has been Cardfight. Pretending like it's Yugioh could be a really interesting premise, though we should be careful not to run it into the ground too hard.

Though like EPT said, we could go after a series that takes itself too hard. (part of what made YGO TAS so successful was just how much LK emphasized the fact that the characters seriously take a children's card game as a world-saving game. There's a whole bunch of anime with balatantly ridiculous premises and pieces that can very plainly be emphasized to make fun of.

Another idea would be to abridge Monster and make the villain dude an idiot. (though I've been waiting for an abridged series where everyone isn't a complete idiot... well, besides Hellsing Ultimate Abridged)

Also what Agro said. All of this is true.

Archived