[YCMN] Anime Parody Studios

Aix

What shall we start off with?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which anime should we abridge first?

• Cardfight! Vanguard
    • Monster
    • Angel Beats
    • Log Horizon

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, forgot, that's all.

Anyway, I'll put this up for a vote. I'd rather not Cardfight or Monster, since I haven't watched them, but it's an option. So we'll start off with one-shots then, if so, then I'd say Log Horizon would be a nice starting point, it has gag parts, but is mostly serious and we can use it to make fun of SAO. It also does try too hard to be smart at points. The entirety of it would not be good to abridge, but there are good moments throughout.

Username: DL
How do you plan to contribute?: Voice Acting, and I can do Scripting as well.

Resume:

I know it was a joke but I will include it anyway

Katekyo Hitman Reborn Abridged
My Little Pony Abridged

Shaman King Abridged One-Shot

I also edited those 3 things. But I am not, per se, an editor. I can just...edit.

I'd say we can definitely do Monster or Vanguard. Ive seen Monster so id be more up for it.

perhaps a oneshot of Monster and a series of Vanguard afterwards, or vice-versa?

Aichi's gay for Kai and Blaster Blade, and sometimes Alfred/Ezel

Kai's undecided until later and is obsessedwith power for most of the series

Miwa's the best friend character to Kai

Kamui has a god complex

Misaki's a know it all
The manager doesn't do anything

The cat is the real manager

Ren's fruity, and evil!Ren has a relationship with his coat and chairs

Asaka's obsessed with Ren

Tetsu is in no way young enough to be in high sch- wait you mean he was at the beginning?

Kyou's revenge bent on Ren and Aichi

Kourin's an aloof bitch that learns to come down and falls for aichito have a threesome with him and misaki

Rekka's a grade a bitch

Suiko's also bitch

Kenji's a modest emperor

His teammate's are a tsundere girl and a calm guy who gets on her bad side. They're also siblings.

oh wait you meant abridged not actual

But yeah, really easy to twist it. The rest of it is just cardgames.

Yeah, so to elaborate on that to address Armz's concern in a fairly obvious way:

Out of curiosity, though, how exactly would we approach that, outside of Ygo humor?

Character humor. If the whole thing's character-driven, it won't get old nearly as fast because we're not relying on the gags.

That's what makes Black's depictions so important: by writing the characters consistently to their tropes, we'll be able to rely on comedy that's changing based on the situation and the characters present (and how they interact). We'll have gags, obviously, but not oversaturated, preferrably. Look at something like 30-rock compared to... uh... quite a lot actually.

A lot of the times that I watch abridged videos, they point out the obvious flaws (or something obvious) of what the characters do and the story itself in a sarcastic/ironic way. Sometimes they say things out-of-character but with the use of the character's personality. I hope I'm making sense. 

Actually, if we can FIND females, we SHOULD.

LK just didnt because it was just him, up until he got his wife to play Rebecca.

Also its not as easy as one might think to do female voices well.

BTW I think we should have ONE main writer, and the rest can make sugegstions and stuff upon reading the script. Just to avoid a cluttering of ideas that doesnt actually LEAD to a script. Im often good at that but as I dont have the episode in hand I dont think I can acquire it right now. I can get the first episode in my phone and then transfer it to my computer to work on a script though.

Then we can, of course, hold auditions and shiz.

Of course

Like even TFS has that, and theirs is a VERY non ridiculous abridged.

Oh also I believe only the protagonist should think its yugioh

And everyone is all like

wtf

Whenever he does it

JS

I would rather the majority think it's yugioh and like a few people are like wtf.

I feel it'd last longer before getting old than the other way around.

Look at it this way

If one character thinks its yugioh and the rest dont its a character trait.

If we have multiple people thinking its yugioh we should just have ONE that knows it isnt, again, for character trait.

I havent watched it yet :DD But tomorrow Im gonna go to work with my USB cable and download the first episode to watch it and try to uh......write a rough draft of the script.

Should this be a 9-10 minute script or a 3-4 minute script?

the difference is the latter has much more storycutting and more direct comedy, while the former develops the story a bit more and has a slower pace.

Archived