[YCMN] Anime Parody Studios

Aix

What shall we start off with?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which anime should we abridge first?

• Cardfight! Vanguard
    • Monster
    • Angel Beats
    • Log Horizon

You see here's the thing

We could bounce jokes off of each other all we want. But I suggested a lone structure in the beginning to have a BASE, something that makes SENSE

Not just a chaos of jokes.

With the script chosen, we can suggest changes, suggest parts removed, added, etc...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally, abridging something that hasn't gone anywhere is a bad idea

Abridged series of shows that are either over or too damn far ahead for it to matter tend to do better.

This is true.

Which is why half of the Abridgers have done something that has gone way off in the series or something that is finished. Plus, this allows you more material to work with to make jokes, observations, etc.

I know this was late...but didn't see it until now XD

• 3 weeks later...

Yo, so, not sure when I'll get to work on the script (I'm procrastinating :'D)

However, I plan on recording a demo reel on Thursday! That being said, I'm not exactly sure what to use for lines, and I'd prefer not to quote something since I feel that would make it easier to accidentally do an impression instead of my own voice.

SO, I am hereby looking for suggestions from any of you. Alongside any lines, if you could provide a tone of voice to do it in, I'd be much obliged. I'll likely make a thread in Misc on this as well, but feel free to post either here or there in response. Thanks guys!

It's not the voices I need tho. Just the ideas for lines ^^

Perhaps you could just come up with sample lines or have someone help you out with creating sample lines.

I myself am trying to work on a 2014 one...and I've written sample lines that are based off of certain likes of mine (I have one based off Kingdom Hearts, TTGL, Katekyo Hitman Reborn) along with using quotes from games/series (a Genesis line from Crisis Core and a line from Jaune from RWBY).

Basically in short, take inspiration from things you like, and try to use them as a basis.

Anything. I don't really care what as long as I don't come up with them.

If I try to think of them myself they'll come along with an idea of quoting something and end up with an impression.

If I get it from someone else, it won't have anything else psychologically attached to it so I can do whatever I want. :'D

Archived