Easter Egg Hunt Winners

Night

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a post in the mod forum seeking assistance, the only person who actually responded was Aix. I'd have preferred more people supervising but I'm not going to force people to dedicate time to something I started, especially not on a holiday.

As hectic as it actually was (try and imagine designing 12 custom icons each time, finding a place to hide them and then orchestrating it so that the exact second you edit a thread another member has to make a post in that forum so as to elude those who refreshing waiting for the eggs to appear, all in the span of about 30 minutes per round of eggs) it could have been a lot worse. Big thanks to Tormey for assisting in that aspect by the way, he was pretty crucial in pulling it all off.

Even when I had to go out to dinner I made sure to pass supervising duties onto Aix, from what I was told he did a fine job. On top of that, I also made sure to get Rai, Ali, and TGM to watch from the sidelines.

As for the whole misleading egg thing, I honestly don't see how that's a fault of mine but rather another generic case of someone trying to be a clown on this site and f***ing it up for everyone else. The people who knew about it, and there were a couple, never made it a point to actually inform me and when I did find out I removed it immediately. 

My apologies to anyone that was mislead because of that but take it up with the person who decided to be an a******, I will be issuing warns however. 

And thanks for the cnc. 

That's because it was. I woke up, realized it was Easter, had some free time, conceived the idea, decided to capitalize on that.

I do realize it may have seemed really sudden but the only other option was to have no event whatsoever and do nothing, I took a risk I supposed and I'd like to think it worked out. 

I do recognize it was still a pretty amazing job with this event considering the short amount of time and the issues with people stalking activity and all.

And by no means I'm saying it's your fault or pointing out fingers towards whose fault is, especially not after the whole thing is over anyways. I only was saying that you could have used more help. I DID know the contest made the whole site lag a lot, and if it wasn't enough, you were dealing with tons of PMs so it'd be a miracle if you even had time to go outside of the PM folders, more so because some members are like "PM dude I think I found #4" then make completely new PMs for the following findings.

Though if you were in charge of checking the answers I would have liked to hear "Nope your 5 is incorrect" at SOME point in the day even if late, I did hear people saying "Night confirmed it, I'm done" so I'd assume you weren't just looking at the PMs all the time.

As an extra bit of speculation from me, If a person did not find the egg of some number(s), his/her PM would not talk about that number being found at all, and it shouldn't be too common to have trolling PMs with random guesses without actually caring about playing the game properly. So a wrong call for an egg would be motive enough for "that's suspicious" and I DID send my PM before noon.

Once again, I totally understand the rain of PMs was humongous and keeping track of everything in a lagging website while keeping an eye for watchers while the eggs were placed creating the second wave of eggs, and all sorts of time-consuming aspects to this event not only would be well... time consuming, but it also was a fairly improvised event so not all measures were necessarily planned out for every possible scenario, and with that I still do say it was an interesting experience.

Lastly, just like Pika said, this would have ideally taken more time for planning out... for next time. How long was that posted at the mod forum anyways? I'd think at least Legend Zero who organized last event would have offered his help this time around, so I can only assume it was a last minute event even when posted at the mod forum and well, IRL stuff happens and people get busy so as much as some would have liked... yeah...

Oh yeah, just wanted to thank Night (and Aix) for the great job he(they) did on this! It was really good actually and I could hardly tell you did it last minute.

It was fun. =D

The eggs were nicely done, scattered in more ways than just users and threads, and overall was just cool to use parts of the site that hardly get used.

Outta curiosity which egg did people find the least? Or a guess at it, anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived