[Finished][Syo's Contest] Spirit contest [Pot is at 270!]

Syo Kurusu

[spoiler='Requirement']Make a Spirit-related card. Any type of card is accepted (Monster, Spell, Trap) Your card will be used as the final card for my fantasy set Spiritual Crossroads (which I will post on YCM later)[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Pot']270[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Entry Fee']-1 Star Member: 5 points
-2 Stars Member: 20 points
-3 Stars or more Member: 50 points
furthermore donation gladly accepted.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Deadline']May 12 Midnight EST. (Use a converter if you can't figure out the time xD)[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Contestants']*your name here = you paid the entry fee
*your name in bold = you already submitted your card

-Gadjitron

-Thunderclap

-josholche

-Little Dragon 64(?)

-ChurdStain

-Bronzegauntlets

-Aqua Hina

-Satsuki Kiryūin[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Judging']Well I think with multiple judges, the contest will be more fair. so I think 2 more people can help me judging the entries, if you want to be a judge, you can reply here (with your judging criteria) My judging criteria: Balance = /20

Creativity = /15
OCG = /10
Theme = /5

Total = /50[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Judges']-Me
-?
-?[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Prize']1st place: 40% of pot
2nd place: 30% of pot
3rd place: 20% of pot[/spoiler]

*If there ends up being very few Participants/Judges, I'll simply give back the donations and I'll give Rep to the winner that I decide* 

[Spoiler=Spirit Card]

pBgqAjT.jpg

When a Spirit monster battles (and was face-up the start of the damage step) negate the effects of the monster it battled after damage calculation (including in the Graveyard). If a face-up Spirit monster on the field would be returned to your hand by card effect: You can shuffle that monster into the Deck instead, and if you do, add 1 Spirit monster with a different name from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Spirit World Satori" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

Originating... not from Japanese Mythology like most other Spirits do, but more from urban legend, I present Murasaki Kagami (Purple Mirror).

[spoiler Card]N3HmCQa.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler Lore]Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand, and if you do, your opponent chooses 1 of these effects.
*Skip your next Draw Phase.
*Skip your next Main Phase 1 and Main Phase 2.
*Skip your next Battle Phase.[/spoiler]

So what's the deal with it, besides being one of the demons in Devil Survivor 2 that you can customize to be invincible to everything except Almighty attacks?

The urban legend centering around this involves young women getting cursed if they somehow fail to forget the phrase "purple mirror" by their 20th birthday. What kind of misfortune it entails is unknown.

How to work this flavour into the card itself? Why not take this 20 year time limit and drastically shorten it to less than a turn? If the opponent doesn't forget (deal with) Murasaki Kagami the moment they see it (when it's Normal Summoned or flipped up) by the End Phase (when its effect triggers), they are cursed with a sadistic choice that forces them to give up one of their precious Phase types and mess up their subsequent plays. Murasaki Kagami is granted 2000 DEF not just as a reference to its urban legend, but also as a limited guarantee that its effect goes off (and force the opponent to waste removal) should the opponent happen to attack into it.

Don't misread the card - like the other "opponent chooses an effect" cards (e.g. Changing Destiny), the effect is applied from the opponent's point of view, so the curse affects the opponent. Now, I know the threat of skipping Draw Phases is potent enough to get a card banned, as Time Seal and Yata have demonstrated, but this card gives your opponent control of what part of their next turn they're giving up, so there's no guarantee your opponent is trapped in a no-draw loop.

Besides, you people love player interaction. What better form of player interaction than an effect that forces the opponent into a sadistic choice?

Originating... not from Japanese Mythology like most other Spirits do, but more from urban legend, I present Murasaki Kagami (Purple Mirror).

[spoiler Card]N3HmCQa.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler Lore]Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand, and if you do, your opponent chooses 1 of these effects.
*Skip your next Draw Phase.
*Skip your next Main Phase 1 and Main Phase 2.
*Skip your next Battle Phase.[/spoiler]

So what's the deal with it, besides being one of the demons in Devil Survivor 2 that you can customize to be invincible to everything except Almighty attacks?

The urban legend centering around this involves young women getting cursed if they somehow fail to forget the phrase "purple mirror" by their 20th birthday. What kind of misfortune it entails is unknown.

How to work this flavour into the card itself? Why not take this 20 year time limit and drastically shorten it to less than a turn? If the opponent doesn't forget (deal with) Murasaki Kagami the moment they see it (when it's Normal Summoned or flipped up) by the End Phase (when its effect triggers), they are cursed with a sadistic choice that forces them to give up one of their precious Phase types and mess up their subsequent plays. Murasaki Kagami is granted 2000 DEF not just as a reference to its urban legend, but also as a limited guarantee that its effect goes off (and force the opponent to waste removal) should the opponent happen to attack into it.

Don't misread the card - like the other "opponent chooses an effect" cards (e.g. Changing Destiny), the effect is applied from the opponent's point of view, so the curse affects the opponent. Now, I know the threat of skipping Draw Phases is potent enough to get a card banned, as Time Seal and Yata have demonstrated, but this card gives your opponent control of what part of their next turn they're giving up, so there's no guarantee your opponent is trapped in a no-draw loop.

Besides, you people love player interaction. What better form of player interaction than an effect that forces the opponent into a sadistic choice?

Your card has been noted.

Oh, here's my entry.

vcw6qP6.jpg

1 tuner monster+1 or more non-tuner monsters

Cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Special Summoned or flipped face-up, return it to the Extra Deck. When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 card on the field and up to 3 cards in either player's Graveyard; Banish those targets.

I'm in

[spoiler='Entry']

Wo3yDdX.jpg

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. Once per turn, during the Main Phase 2, if this card attacked or was attacked during this turn's Battle Phase: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand or Graveyard (this is a quick effect), ignoring the Spirit Monsters' Summoning condition. Spirit Monster that was Special Summoned by this effect is treated as it was Normal Summoned.

[/spoiler]

I'm in. Points sent.

4a97JK7.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 Spirit monsters from your Graveyard. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; Special Summon that target to your side of the field. While you control a monster Special Summoned by this card's effect, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.

[/spoiler]

I'm in. Points sent.

4a97JK7.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 Spirit monsters from your Graveyard. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; Special Summon that target to your side of the field. While you control a monster Special Summoned by this card's effect, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.

[/spoiler]

Thanks for participating, your name had been added.

[spoiler='CARD']CvVRYwM.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler='LORE']Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: if this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, inflict half of the attacked monster's ATK as battle damage to your opponent. [/spoiler]

[spoiler='CARD']CvVRYwM.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler='LORE']Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: if this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, inflict half of the attacked monster's ATK as battle damage to your opponent. [/spoiler]

Alright, your card has been noted.

Archived