Philemon

6TEk0XP.jpg

[spoiler='Psychic Head']Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that target. During the End Phase, destroy the equipped Monster and Special Summon this card to it's original owners side of the field: you gain Life Points equal to the ATK or DEF of the destroyed monster (your choice). If this card is destroyed by a Spell or Trap card, banish it.[/spoiler]

Basically a Yu-Gi-Oh Metroid. It attaches itself to your opponent, blows it up, and gives you LP if it can do it. But if it dies to a Spell or Trap card its banished. I found the picture here and it just came to me what to do with it. I figured it would be a nice little thing to work with Psychic Decks.

Thoughts?

Hmm. Not sure how I feel about this. Let me think.

As for it being a Union, not sure what that's about, as other cards with similar equip effects are simply Effect Monsters, such as Blast Sphere. It's effect itself is certaintly different from something like Blast Sphere, however. An interesting problem this might have is that it activates during the End Phase, which appears to be almost, entirely on your own turn, meaning it will be a very blatent target when it is Summoned back to the Monster Zone. IMO, however, this could be an effective nerf, if one that is too effective frequently. Of course, nowadays this card could very easily be eliminated in the meta, but perhaps not before offing something else first. You might want to change the effect to gaining only half the ATK or DEF as LP, since most targets would likely have a hefty number. On another note, it seems that the Lore is mostly correct, but not entirely, though I don't trust myself to perfect it. Perhaps adjust the level to 2 Stars, but beyond that, this is a card that may be an effective Single Card, but likely won't have time to Synergize, ending up instead as a Glass Cannon, followed by Meat Shield after being Special Summoned again.

From my absurd mind, I grant to you the score of: 6.5/10

Hmm. Not sure how I feel about this. Let me think.

As for it being a Union, not sure what that's about, as other cards with similar equip effects are simply Effect Monsters, such as Blast Sphere. It's effect itself is certainty different from something like Blast Sphere, however. An interesting problem this might have is that it activates during the End Phase, which appears to be almost, entirely on your own turn, meaning it will be a very blatant target when it is Summoned back to the Monster Zone. IMO, however, this could be an effective nerf, if one that is too effective frequently. Of course, nowadays this card could very easily be eliminated in the meta, but perhaps not before offing something else first. You might want to change the effect to gaining only half the ATK or DEF as LP, since most targets would likely have a hefty number. On another note, it seems that the Lore is mostly correct, but not entirely, though I don't trust myself to perfect it. Perhaps adjust the level to 2 Stars, but beyond that, this is a card that may be an effective Single Card, but likely won't have time to Synergize, ending up instead as a Glass Cannon, followed by Meat Shield after being Special Summoned again.

From my absurd mind, I grant to you the score of: 6.5/10

I made it a Union as other cards (like the aforementioned Blast Sphere) usually have a precondition to equiping (target must be a certain type, or attack you facedown), Psychic Head's shtick is he latches on to you and sucks you dry until you die. I think that because he's likely to go down rather quickly (as a monster or as an equip) he should retain the full draining. I also agree with the last statement, he's meant to be a quick parasite. He snacks, starves, or is shot.

Archived