[Striker] Ruby Red Destructor

R3iKpSW.jpg

2 Level 4 Monsters
During either player's turn, if an opponent's card effect activates that would destroy a card(s) you control: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the effect, and if you do, banish that card. You can only activate the effect of "Ruby Red Destructor" once per turn.

The only change I've made in this card from the 1v1 it was in is the lowering of its ATK to 1800. Anyway, CnC?

I think the effect is good, but I don't really think Def points are as important these days. It will be able to use its effect once and I think it would be a waste to make it a DEF based monster. I think you should keep a higher ATK and a lower DEF, to make it worth the 2 materials (at least 2100 since that's the strongest lvl4 monster ATK without drawback and if you want to keep it DEF based). It would be kind of sad that you get this great card beaten by any 1900 ATK vanilla with both materials if you keep it in attack position I know you wouldn't be supposed to use it like that, but if your opponent manages to change it to attack position it would be really bad.

Last time I checked, people don't typically run cards that change their opponent's monsters to Attack Position. I could be wrong, but that's what I've noticed. Also, I mainly changed it to two Xyz Materials for its effects just to see what people say about it. I wanted to keep it at one Xyz Material, though I felt like experimenting with it.

In my opinion the card would be just fine if its effect required 1 Xyz Material; dropping the ATK should be enough to balance it because now it cannot threat the opponent with killing his/her monsters while backed up by its own protection effect.

And it's good to see a defensive Rank 4, the game doesn't have a lot of those. The only ones I can think of are Mestroke and Diamond Crab, and the latter can also work as a beater.

Archived