Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Miscellaneous Section Rules and Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Dad

Dad

We give no fucks about the way that you feelin'.

• Juice

• 14,749 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:58 PM
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Perhaps it would be better to have "Debate topics" be not in Misc?

Partially to get more activity in Debates and partially to let those who don't want to deal with that stuff not stumble across it. (Because it can be frustrating to be chilling in Misc and suddenly arguments)

You mean a subsection for Debates that was devoted to a political climate but wasn't as serious?  It's not something I've considered (mostly because of the Administration thread and Minor News thread) but it could certainly work.  I haven't had any other proposals, but if this is what you're getting at, I'd like you to elaborate.

Drowning in your silence.

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Moderators
  • 11,693 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:03 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Well that's possible, if you can figure out if people would use it, to have some mid-ground. Because there are some political things that could spark debates but aren't actually...debates in of themselves. Like keeping track of elections and such. Granted it might be good to have that stuff in General and move it if it becomes a Debate but that does seem like a hassle.

Though another thought is that some Misc threads could be moved into Debates...kinda like what happened with Mod Count.

It's midnight I'm half rambling, fair warning.

• Dad likes this

8PBUpdp.gif

Dad

Dad

• Juice

• 14,749 posts

Well my intention was have them either stay in Debates or be placed into General.  However, based off of "Meme Politics", it would probably be easier to dedicate a new rule or subsection to that climate.  Since there's plenty of material out there, it could certainly play out.

I'll draft some things in the morning and see how Debates reacts to it.

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 14,243 posts
    Last Visit 14 minutes ago
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate
Literal meme going in debates feels wrong

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Dad

Dad

• Juice

• 14,749 posts

Rules have been updated with a "Flooding" clause.

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Moderators
  • 11,693 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:03 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix
Decided to get rid of the rule dad put up back in the olden days about no politics in Misc. Mostly cause political humor is a thing that exists and if discussions get too hostile/debate-y we have general site rules to cover it.

Posting to say....please don't make me regret this, people. I'd love to see political humor being posted without it turning into a shitshow.

Flaming is still a no go so if these posts target members maliciously then they're gone.

8PBUpdp.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users