[Archetype] Genex Restart - DT: New World

Darj

I have been making individual Genex support cards for a while, and I eventually ended with the following cards. At first, they were powerful on their own, but once I tested them together, they became ridiculous. So I decided to fix that, and here are the results.

[spoiler=Field Spell: Genex Power Plant]f73aFRJ.jpg
All Machine-Type monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF. During their respective Main Phase, each player can Normal Summon 1 "Genex" monster in addition to their Normal Summon/Set. If this card on the field is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Genex" monster from your Deck to your hand. Each player can only use each effect of "Genex Power Plant" once per turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=R-Genex Blaze]SL47Hvx.jpg

You can discard this card; add 1 "Genex Power Plant" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Level 4 "Genex" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "R-Genex Blaze".[/spoiler]

[spoiler=R-Genex Echo]Xv2NGAq.jpg

If you control a face-up "Genex" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During either player's turn: You can discard this card to target 1 "Genex" Tuner monster in your Graveyard, except "R-Genex Echo"; Special Summon that target. It cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects this turn. You can only use the effect of "R-Genex Echo" once per turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=R-Genex Renewal]acxnUVv.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Genex" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position. Its effects are negated. You cannot Special Summon any other monsters, except Machine-Type or "Genex" monsters, during the turn you activate this effect. You can only use this effect of "R-Genex Renewal" once per turn. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Genex" monster you control, then activate 1 of these effects.

• Increase its Level by 1.

• Reduce its Level by 1.

This card's name becomes "Genex Controller" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Synchro Monster: R-Genex Antimatter]UKmXfca.jpg

"Genex Controller" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target up to 2 "Genex" monsters in your Graveyard; banish those targets. If this card battles a monster with the same Attribute as any of your banished "Genex" monsters, at the start of the Damage Step: Destroy that monster. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 of your banished "Genex" monsters; add that target to your hand.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Card origins & Storyline]

These R-Genex monsters are based on the following sources or forms of energy:

R-Genex Blaze: Heat from flames

R-Genex Echo: Sound waves

R-Genex Antimatter: Energy released from a reaction of matter with antimatter

R-Genex Renewal: Some kind of energy that can travel through space and recharge other devices. I don't know if energy like this actually exist (I wouldn't be surprised if it does), but for consistency with the storyline, it exists at least in the DT World.

They were designed during the war against Worms, but they were never deployed since "Ally of Justice Decisive Armor" managed to remove the threat, and thus they were stored in a chamber at the "Genex Power Plant". After Trishula froze the DT World, and the next generation of DT tribes rose, the knowledge of these machines was lost, and thus they were doomed to remain in darkness for centuries.

After Sophia was defeated and the survivors of the war started to settle, the now ancient Genex Power Plant, and the Genex machines stored within, were discovered. However, when the citizens attempted to restart them, they weren't successful, as the machines were now too old to operate. Except for one: "R-Genex Renewal". This R-Genex was unique among its fellow machines: Its power source was an unusual form of energy that could be transferred in the shape of waves to other machines and devices; it was designed to power up and sustain Genex machines in the middle of the battlefield.

Once "R-Genex Renewal" was restarted, it released a powerful wave of this strange energy that covered the entire plant, which restarted its fellow Genex and the plant itself. And thus, the "Genex" became active again, and ready to defend the new DT World.[/spoiler]

Archived