Ghostall Mill - Skeleton Abuse

I've been noodling with this for a while, but i've refrained from posting it until I've got it in decent working condition. Essentially the idea is to abuse Skeleton to pieces resulting in a deckout. Haven't gotten a lot of testing in because numerous people quit once they realize what I'm trying to accomplish. But the tests that went all the way through I've only got one loss, so thats probably good.

[spoiler='Deck Image']WB5PwfC.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Deck List']

Main Deck: 40

Monsters: 17

2 Ghostrick Doll Disruption, quick Skeleton summons. Clogs at 3

3 Ghostrick Jiangshi Engine Part

3 Ghostrick Lantern Engine Part

3 Ghostrick Mary Engine Part

3 Ghostrick Mummy Spams field faster for maximum millage

3 Ghostrick Skeleton Wincon

Spells: 11

2 Ghostrick Museum Just an extra Field Spell so 3 Terraforming isnt dead also Field wars

3 Ghostrick Parade Preferred Field Spell, search stuff. Damage reduction doesnt matter

3 Terraforming Search Fields/Thin Deck/Get high

3 Upstart Goblin Opening without a Field is bad

Traps: 12

3 Ghostrick Scare Flippity Flop protect Life Points, get rid of annoyances

3 Ghostrick Vanish Protect Skeleton/Spells

3 Ghostrick-Go-Round Flippity Flop, protect Life Points

3 Spirit Barrier Protect Life Points. Make Field Spells silly

Extra Deck doesnt actually matter at all but I have it anyway.

[/spoiler]

Is it bad I want to build this IRL? I have essentially all of it already, anyway...

Regardless, suggestions for optimization?

You're lacking draw power. Why are you lacking draw power that isn't Jiangshi / Specter?

I dont know. Suggesting something or other would be infinitely more helpful than a one-liner, though.

Just have't needed it thus far. I mean, I get massive hands in all my games just from parade/jiangshi stalling.

I play triple Upstart and triple Duality in my build. It helps a lot since you don't want to open without Parade.

Spirit Barrier clashes to much with Parade for my liking, but oh well.

Specter at such a high number is fairly useless since your monsters shouldn't be being destroyed.

I do find Mummy interesting, might try teching one.

I play triple Upstart and triple Duality in my build. It helps a lot since you don't want to open without Parade.

Spirit Barrier clashes to much with Parade for my liking, but oh well.

Specter at such a high number is fairly useless since your monsters shouldn't be being destroyed.

I do find Mummy interesting, might try teching one.

Good thought, Upstart totally skipped my mind. Ill drop the Specters for those, I think.

Dont think ill do the Dualities because I like my Doll summons.

I generally dont like them attacking. The Parade is for when I dont have Barrier, but Spirit Barrier basically seals my game.

I'll just tell you that the effects of Lantern, Jackfrost, Go-Round, and Scare chains with the effect of Parade, and so you can duke out the effect of Parade while avoiding further damage. And so I'll suggest that you could add Jackfrost in the main or sides when you are going against a Deck that uses Dark Simorgh. And... yeah, Spirit Barrier can protect you in later games when you have 5 Ghostricks on the field, but having it activated might undermine Parade's search, since instead of attacking with no damage, your opponent might not opt to attack. But a good build nonetheless.

I'll just tell you that the effects of Lantern, Jackfrost, Go-Round, and Scare chains with the effect of Parade, and so you can duke out the effect of Parade while avoiding further damage.

I'm aware of this, its why Parade is good.

And so I'll suggest that you could add Jackfrost in the main or sides when you are going against a Deck that uses Dark Simorgh.

Jackfrost is a waste of space here, and in most Ghostrick decks, because he only goes off on direct attacks.

And... yeah, Spirit Barrier can protect you in later games when you have 5 Ghostricks on the field, but having it activated might undermine Parade's search, since instead of attacking with no damage, your opponent might not opt to attack.

If its early game I wont be activating Spirit Barrier for that reason >_>

Honestly, you sound like you think I haven't been testing this deck for weeks now.

Actually, Jackfrost did me good service in no-field first turns and when I had the Field Spell card ready and I had no Lantern on my hand. And he also was a good idea if I wanted to get Dullahan on the field fast. But anyway I'm just making a suggestion, if you already did it, working or not, you can ignore little me.

Jackfrost is as good as Lantern in here because all attacks SHOULD be direct attacks if you add Doll and Parade to the equation.

Except Doll speeds things up tremendously and I get a full field so fast I get dead Lanterns as it is. Dead Jackfrosts would be a waste of space for something more efficient.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite having a bad week I went to locals today with this deck, so for those interested here's the report on how it did.

[spoiler='Locals Report (By memory)']

M1: Ghostrick Deckout vs Hieratic Rulers

G1: He didn't see my plans to deck him out until it was too late. My Parade and Scare tactics were too strong, and I was able to deck him out.

G2: He was able to flip up a Skill Drain early, preventing me from doing my primary wincon. I was able to switch the field over to Museum and hit him some, but he was able to hit me harder and faster, so he got that game.

G3: I sided out the Museums for Mansions just in case he flipped Skill Drain again. He did not, and played more passively, not attacking that much and I was simply able to Scare all his potential outs before he could use them, then Alucard them away.

M2: Ghostrick Deckout vs Sylvans

G1: Wasn't too difficult, he got out Felgrand turn 1 which was a bit of a nuisance, but I was able to bait him when I needed to so I ended up decking him out before he could do too much.

G2: He started off a little less strong, didnt get many good excavations, and when he did get a Komushroomo I had a Vanish set so it was all good. With some clever doll combos I was able to fill up my field very quickly and banish all of his main deck big guys.

M3: Ghostrick Deckout vs Chain Burn

G1: He had some dead cards in the backrow since I had no plans to attack him, and while I got a few cards banished, he was still able to use Secret Barrel and other such cards to burn me out.

G2: I sided out of the deckout variant and into Mansion variant, putting in Ghouls, Mansions, and Steins to just try and beat him down. While it was a bit time consuming, Mansion forced him to have to try and burn me twice as much, and he just couldn't work fast enough. His Lava Golem did more harm than good for him.

G3: Basically the same story, he couldn't move fast enough to be able to deal essentially 16000 damage before I banished his whole deck.

M4: Ghostrick Deckout vs Fire Fists

G1: Once he caught on to my plan he was just trying to kill off my Skeleton as fast as he could, but I was drawing all my Vanishes and Scares so I was able to keep him from stopping my engine.

G2: He played pretty passively for a while before going into an Exciton, which was why he was waiting for my field to get full. Luckily, I had my Vanish all set for just this instance, and after nuking his own field and 2 of my backrows, he just didn't have the resources left in hand to stop me.

Top 4: Ghostrick Deckout vs Constellars

G1: This was a little tougher, once he knew where my Skeleton was he was bouncing it as much as he could, but my Go-Rounds were able to keep my engine functioning, and a combination of Dolls and Scares kept his Pleadies from doing too much damage.

G2: He got his Kaiser Colosseum this time so I essentially had very little I could do.

G3: He got a Kaiser Colosseum out, but not before I got out a Jiangshi and Mummy, so I went ahead and Scare'd his monster down, made Alucard, popped his monster, and got a field of 4 monsters, plenty to deck him out in the end.

After that the winner of the other top 4 match had 1 loss to my 0, so I took 1st :D

[/spoiler]

Archived