[Therrion's back for a day probably] Divine Crimson Dragon

Therrion

V66gonF.jpg

2 Level 4 Normal Monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Draw cards equal to the number of Gemini Monsters attached to this card. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 card with "Gemini" written in its card text from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, this card loses 300 ATK. When this card with 2000 or less ATK is destroyed; you can send 1 Gemini Monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.

LGlhxZA.jpg

2 Level 4 Normal Monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Draw cards equal to the number of Gemini Monsters attached to this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 "Gemini" card from you Deck to your hand, and if you do, this card loses 300 ATK.

You should probably remove the 'during either player's turn' wording from this card.  Otherwise, it would be too easy to +2 off of this card during one of your turns and one of your opponent's.  You're already getting up to +2 from using Gemini Monsters as Xyz Materials anyway, so this thing's a potential +4 using only 2 (Normal) Gemini monsters.  Other than that, Gemini does seriously need some support and this card does that nicely.

The Quick Effect is an overkill and it only makes sure you get that additional +1 before your opponent removes the Xyz.

I don't like how it grants a +2 on Xyz Summon when you use 2 Geminis as Xyz Material. As I was once told, (in other words) not because a type/archetype/etc. is undersupported, it means you can make broken support for it.

Then the card feels somewhat generic: The effects of drawing and searching X card from deck to hand are nothing new. I think you could spice the card up with a gimmick or additional effect, I don't know; think of Fire Fist - Tiger King, who essentially searches a Fire Formation card, but with the gimmick of setting it on the field. Or instead of drawing a card(s), you could come up with a different and more creative/unique/etc. effect.

I totally forgot I put it as a quick effect and I meant to change it, huh. Thanks for addressing it to me.

It's a +1 upon Summon, only if both monsters used are Gemini and have no effect already, a 0 if you use 1, and a -1 (Xyz Summon) if just Normal Monsters, which seemed to be my spicing on the card. I'll remove the quick effect and consider ways to spice it up.

EDIT: Made the search only during your opponent's turn, changed the parameters of the search, and added a cute effect to reward you if you manage to use the effect twice.

Archived