[Leaderboard] Aez vs..Aιx {over and done with}

ÆƵ–

1. All leaderboard rules apply
2. A critique be given with the vote.
3. Cards are due within 36 hours of acceptance, votes due within 72 hours of card posting.
4. First card to 3 votes win.

Card requirements:
Make a card that inflict effect damage based on a certain number of cards in any given place (E. G. Graveyard Bomb, Secret Barrel, etc.)

Card A:
l4HdOkc.jpg

Lore:
If you have 3 our less Psychic-Type monsters removed from play: you can Special Summon thus card (from your hand). When this card battles: you can banish one Psychic-Type monster from your hand or graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number of removed from play Psychic-Type monsters x300

Card B:
EEgHlky.jpg

Lore:
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If a card you control destroys a monster by battle: Inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card they control, and if you do, this card gains 300 ATK. Neither player takes damage for the rest of the turn.

Alright .Aιx. let's see what you've got. (PM the card to me when you're finished with it)

A requirement so oddly specific you've clearly spent some time making one that fits it.

Actually, I don't make my comp. Cards until I have a willing opponent. Cross my heart.

I was going to take you on until I noticed the Requirement. Hasn't there been "Bombs" for almost every part of the Duel Zone now? Only thing I can think of is hitting your opponent for how many Tuners they have on the field or something o_o

I was going to take you on until I noticed the Requirement. Hasn't there been "Bombs" for almost every part of the Duel Zone now? Only thing I can think of is hitting your opponent for how many Tuners they have on the field or something o_o

"Xyz Material" bomb? that could be good, but I wont say any more in case it ends up being one of the cards...

I will be honest... I was not expecting monsters. Okay now for the Voting

Card A: This momster would be Godly in the early stages of the Duel with a high ATK and DEF for a 4 Star. The effect that involves Banishing is fine but why on earth would you want to deplete your hand for a 300 Burn for those Psychics? Even then this card needs to be removed from the field to Trigger the effect. Maybe when it destroys a monster in battle it would have been more useful.

Card B: Standard 5 Star Synchro with pretty high ATK... Fair enoguh. This monster has the Potential to inflict up to 4500 Damage to your opponent (If there field was full after the destruction.) There should have either been a Cap on damage (say 2500) or a reduction in damage per card. The 300 ATK is fine though.

My Vote is with Card B however the huge damage potential of Card B almost made it a C.... Card B it is.

Card A: This momster would be Godly in the early stages of the Duel with a high ATK and DEF for a 4 Star. The effect that involves Banishing is fine but why on earth would you want to deplete your hand for a 300 Burn for those Psychics? Even then this card needs to be removed from the field to Trigger the effect. Maybe when it destroys a monster in battle it would have been more useful.

It doesn't have very high stats though. 1650 ATK and 1200 DEF is actually quite low.

Card B: Standard 5 Star Synchro with pretty high ATK... Fair enoguh. This monster has the Potential to inflict up to 4500 Damage to your opponent (If there field was full after the destruction.) There should have either been a Cap on damage (say 2500) or a reduction in damage per card. The 300 ATK is fine though.

My Vote is with Card B however the huge damage potential of Card B almost made it a C.... Card B it is.

If you're opponent has a full field like that they're either A. overextending big time or B. holding an overwhelming advantage and chances are, if they have so many cards, they have some way of stopping this card. The likelihood of dealing more than 2000 damage is extremely low.

I don't think you understand the point of the cards.

That said here we go:

Card A: incorrect Card Grammar, creepy art, and misspellings. It sacrifices power to enhance the decks goal of banishing key cards (Esper Girl) while maintaining an easy to fulfill Summon condition to give Psychics a tool that they could really use. The banish effect also fuels its damage output when it gets nuked. Overall, its a very nice and solid card for Psychics.

Card B:  Even with the massive burn potential, its not going to be able to pull it off too often. Its either getting stopped, or its going to hit for very small damage. And to top it off, it seals off damage for the rest of the turn, and its mandatory. With it doing 500-1000 damage on average, its not worth sacrificing your damage output for such measly burn. It might be passable if it didn't seal off damage, but as it sits, it won't see much play, if any.

Card A wins.

Card A:

The burn effect is weak in my opinion, but the summoning condition should be good for going fast early game (e.g. Special Summon this, Normal Summon a Psychic Tuner, go for a Synchro), and the banishing effect can set things like "Esper Girl" up.

Card B:

2500 ATK on a generic Synchro 5 is really good. The burning effect should be useful for finishing games and it allows the player to inflict damage even if the opponent's monsters are in Defense Position. The ATK-boosting effect is just icing on the cake, and can potentially turn this into a powerful beatstick.

I vote for Card B. I would rather have a new addition to the Synchro 5 cardpool than a card that it is only effective in banish-Psychics and its variants.

Gonna use a rubric.

Card A

OCG 1/3
[spoiler=Reason] The Official Card Grammar was rather horribly implemented, but there were also several spelling errors by themselves. [/spoiler]
Creativity 1/3
[spoiler=Reason] The picture is more harmful than helpful to the card. The effect is just slapped together seemingly. The Summoning conditions punish you from running multiples if you actually plan to use the later effect, but really, it'd just be used for an easy to Summon Lv. 4 in ANY Deck. [/spoiler]
Usability 5/5
[spoiler=Reason] It's literally usable in EVERY deck that Tribute, Xyz or Synchro Summons. This card is straight up better than Photon Thrasher (bar RotA and Xyz options) because your opponent doesn't need a monster and you can even if you already control a monster. The card is wicked splashable in Decks that don't touch Psychics. [/spoiler]
Balance 2/5
[spoiler=Reason] Exclusion of a minimum amount of banished Psychics needed made the card too universal. It was a major oversight that hurt the cards balance rather bad. It's pretty much just a card for the easy SS effect, as the other effects are lackluster, which hurts the card more than helps because the requirement was just kind of a cherry on the icing of which was on the cake. [/spoiler]

Overall: 9

Card B

OCG 3/3
[spoiler=Reason] I saw no error, though I'm not perfect. [/spoiler]
Creativity 2/3
[spoiler=Reason] I don't know what Deck it was geared for, but it took more thought process than "Break this" or "Overly help that". FIRE does tend to burn. [/spoiler]
Usability 3/5
[spoiler=Reason] It's a very hard hitting generic Lv. 5 Synchro. Look at the possible other options, Catastor and Armades, this fits rather nicely as a beatstick with finishing capabilities. It has its own niche in the options of Lv. 5 Synchros, though it isn't Extra Deck defining in any aspect.[/spoiler]
Balance 4/5
[spoiler=Reason] The burn can get crazy, but the card will more likely than not not be able to see it through and won't do much if they didn't have a bunch of set backrow regardless. Otherwise, solid option. The effect is slow in that it's battle reliant and only manages to burn the opponent for seeing it through, so it would be worth the -1 to Summon at points.[/spoiler]

Overall: 12.

Card B has my vote.

Archived