[Leaderboard] Aez vs. Dyson Sphere {Close call, but finished}

ÆƵ–

1. All leaderboard rules apply.
2. A critique of both cards must be given with a vote.
3. Cards are due within 36 hours of acceptance, voting period ends 72 hours after cards are posted.

Card requirements:
Make an EARTH synchro monster. Plain and Simple.

Card A:
5tYFKuw.jpg

Lore:
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; its effects are negated until the end of this turn. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand.

Card B:
i55nSEa.jpg

Lore:
1 Tuner + 1 or non-Tuner monsters
When this card destroys a Defense position monster by battle: increase this card's ATK by 200. Once per turn: you can reduce this card's ATK by 300; destroy one face-up card on the field.

Card A negates the effects of a monster until End Phase and SS a Level 4 monster when she dies. First effect helps with dealing with the usual threats running around nowadays by neutering them or helps get rid of negative effects on your monsters, should any exist. The Special Summon is nice, since you get a replacement monster when she goes (and works in any Deck).

Card B gains power when it kills a Defense Position monster and can nuke face-up cards by lowering its ATK. While its stats are fine and can get powerful quickly, I feel the ATK drop should be a bit higher when it's destroying cards, but it's OPT so it's not as bad. Though stat boosting effects are getting repetitive after a while to be honest.

Anyway, card A gets it for creativity and usability (Balance was factored in here; both of them seem fine to me).

A:

Interesting effect which is made viable and balanced through its meagre stats. Most things can probably run over it but with appropriate support from other cards it has some uses. The last effect can be handy but its not really giving you any advantage, however for a level 4 synchro I don't suppose it should.

B:

The ATK gain of 200 seems a bit mediocre, might be nice to see a higher increase here. The destruction effect seems fine to me. Destroying things feels quite balanced in itself since a lot of threats get other effects when destroyed anyway, plus it's once per turn. I like that it's level 6 anyway, since it's fairly good and level 6 synchros are generally plagued with sub-par effects. 

Although I do appreciate the creativity and design behind Card A, I would be much happier if B was printed, as a good Level 6 Synchro which is still quite balanced.

So I'll vote for Card B.

Card A is a low stat monster with good effects and a better choice to make than Balmung/Phonon, that opt Breakthrough, plus a temporarily Skill Drain for Barbaros couldn't be overlooked, it's really good if you have other cards to protect it. Card B is mediocre, ATK gain is kinda situational and blindly destroy a card isn't good anymore especially when there are Shadolls or Wyrms in your way.

I vote Card A for usability

I honestly have to vote for Card B. (I say honestly because the decision was somewhat difficult)

To the maker of Card A, your creativity and ability to bring balance to a card are both noted, but in the end, I believe Card B would assist more Decks. Card B is more what Synchros want and need while Card A doesn't seem worth going into, keeping in mind it's a -1 to Summon. The ability to answer a face-up with Card B is just too good to be trumped by that.

I'd go for Card A here, Card B is kinda weak imo, ATK boost's requirement kill it since destroyed by battle barely happening nowadays and I think weakened itself to pop a face-up card isn't worth that effort to Sync a Lv.6, Card A is an effect negator that can make easier than Card B, and just that is good enough to get my vote.

Archived