[Leaderboard] Aez vs. RampageXWolf {Finito}

ÆƵ–

Rules:
1. All leaderboard rules apply.
2. A critique of both cards must be given with the vote.
3. Cards are due within 36 hours of acceptance, voting period ends 72 hours after cards are posted.

Card Requirements:
Make a card that has an effect that activates when it is discarded from the hand.

Card A:
t6qtIsX.jpg

Lore:
During your opponent's turn, when your opponent Special Summon a monster from their Extra Deck: You can discard this card from your hand. This effect of "Ambushing Sniper" can only be used once per turn. When this card is discarded by a card effect: Target 1 face-up Attack Position monster on the field; send that target to the Graveyard. You must control a monster to activate and to resolve this effect.

Card B:
m9IpGqc.jpg

Lore:
When this card is discarded from the hand to the Graveyard: you can Special Summon this card; this card cannot be used as Xyz material the turn it is Special Summoned by its own effect. Once per turn: you can discard one card; this card cannot be destroyed by card effects until the End Phase. if this card is banished from the field: you can discard one card; add this card to your hand.

I can't see much use in Card B. It has a lot of discarding and may work with some cards, but the discards are all costs, so I can't even say Shadoll or Dark World would consider it.

Card A is a great hand trap however. I have to say, though, it's too good. A monster with the ability to send a monster to the Graveyard when discarded is good in its own right, but when the card enables itself, during the opponent's turn, at the perfect time---it's too much. Only would make the game that much more degenerate. If it had destroyed, perhaps, but that is all the difference I need.

Card B has my vote.

Okay, Card A is basically a hand trap that when opponent SS something from ED, you can send 1 101 target to the Graveyard regardless of being SSed or not, I think it's too good since it also has high DEF and searchable by GGX, Card B is... uh... kinda useless even in Deck that should be able to abuse it like DW, Fabled or Shadoll, it has DW SC but can't be used for Grapha, the 2nd eff and 3rd eff discarding as cost, which mean only Fabled can use this, although it's eff like protecting just a 1.75k beatstick or return it to the hand is completely outclassed by better cards that have same costs like RB or PWWB, so this is a bit OP card vs a bit weak card, although I prefer the usability lying within Card A more than balanced-but-underwhelming effects of Card B, so Card A got my vote

Archived