cY802jY.jpg

[spoiler='Purple Dude with Glowing Sword']"Dark Magician" + 1 Warrior-Type monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters or with "The Eye of Timaeus". If this card is Fusion Summoned: Add 1 Warrior-Type Monster and/or 1 Spellcaster-Type Monster from your Deck to your Hand. This card's name is also "Dark Magician" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

Wanted to take advantage of the new Transformation Summon gimmick the Dark Magician archetype has. This one is about regaining resources spent on making him (Special Summoning Dark Magician, Dark Magician himself, and Eye of Timaeus at a minimum for 1 monster is a -2, this turns it into a +0). The last part is a bonus to make him compatible with other Dark Magician support (given he's just Dark Magician in some armor). 

Thoughts? 

He might be interesting... I can't see it being abused all that much... So sure, I think its good unless we ever get DMOC back...

But I know that's the art of another card: Dark Magician Knight. So yea... At least try to get him in another pose (like Magician of Black Chaos and DMOC)

cY802jY.jpg

[spoiler='Purple Dude with Glowing Sword']"Dark Magician" + 1 Warrior-Type monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters or with "The Eye of Timaeus". If this card is Fusion Summoned: Add 1 Warrior-Type Monster and/or 1 Spellcaster-Type Monster from your Deck to your Hand. This card's name is also "Dark Magician" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

Wanted to take advantage of the new Transformation Summon gimmick the Dark Magician archetype has. This one is about regaining resources spent on making him (Special Summoning Dark Magician, Dark Magician himself, and Eye of Timaeus at a minimum for 1 monster is a -2, this turns it into a +0). The last part is a bonus to make him compatible with other Dark Magician support (given he's just Dark Magician in some armor). 

Thoughts? 

Step 1: Normal Summon 'Elemental Hero Prisma'

Step 2: Activate its effect by revealing this card from the Extra Deck and sending 'Dark Magician' to the Graveyard

Step 3: Activate 'Eye of Timaeus' and use 'Elemental Hero Prisma' as the Fusion Material to Fusion Summon this card (-1 card advantage)

Step 4: Activate this card's effect by searching both 'Effect Veiler' and 'Gagaga Gardna' (+2 card advantage)

Step 5: Set a 'Troll Face' card face-down on your opponent's side of the field directly from your pocket after you've +1'd off of this card and search 2 hand traps :D

(The Troll Face card is destroyed by your opponent's rage during the End Phase.)

You'd definitely search Prisma and Veiler, which is great, as it'd make for a good power play in the Deck. I'm kind of iffy on it, not sure if I'd rather it search and destroy or double search, but double search is a very unique effect and welcomed to the Dark Magicians, as their Deck right now is rather mediocre. 

He might be interesting... I can't see it being abused all that much... So sure, I think its good unless we ever get DMOC back...

But I know that's the art of another card: Dark Magician Knight. So yea... At least try to get him in another pose (like Magician of Black Chaos and DMOC)

We got back Black Luster Soldier and Tsukoyomi, but I don't think Dark Magician of Chaos is ever coming back.

It's hard to find artwork of this guy in the anime, and impossible to find any good fan-art of him compared to other one-off cards.

Step 1: Normal Summon 'Elemental Hero Prisma'

Step 2: Activate its effect by revealing this card from the Extra Deck and sending 'Dark Magician' to the Graveyard

Step 3: Activate 'Eye of Timaeus' and use 'Elemental Hero Prisma' as the Fusion Material to Fusion Summon this card (-1 card advantage)

Step 4: Activate this card's effect by searching both 'Effect Veiler' and 'Gagaga Gardna' (+2 card advantage)

Step 5: Set a 'Troll Face' card face-down on your opponent's side of the field directly from your pocket after you've +1'd off of this card and search 2 hand traps :D

(The Troll Face card is destroyed by your opponent's rage during the End Phase.)

Prisma, a Hero who shines even in the most Dark (Magician) of Decks.

You'd definitely search Prisma and Veiler, which is great, as it'd make for a good power play in the Deck. I'm kind of iffy on it, not sure if I'd rather it search and destroy or double search, but double search is a very unique effect and welcomed to the Dark Magicians, as their Deck right now is rather mediocre. 

I can't really think of many cards that can search two different types of cards, I wanted the Warrior counterpart of Dark Magician to do that (akin to what Freed or Marauding Captain do, recruit their allies for battle) rather than a generic destroy effect (which would suit Amulet Dragon and DMGtDK more).

Archived