`A Fleeting Dream` Final Fantasy X set. [7/7/2014]

Dracoswag

"Listen to my story. This...may be our last chance." 

[spoiler=Theme'']

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1nsp5CnvVQ[/video]

[/spoiler]

• FFX Monsters •

[spoiler=FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons"]BPwiWz2.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can only control 1 "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons". There can only be 3 face-up "FFX" monsters on your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned during the Battle Phase: You can add 1 "Fayth" Spell Card, or 1 "Aeon" Ritual Monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. During the Battle Phase, if this card is destroyed (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 "FFX" monster with a different name than this card from your Deck or Graveyard.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=FFX - Tidus, the Spry Striker"]20AcMia.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can only control 1 "FFX - Tidus, the Spry Striker". There can only be 3 face-up "FFX" monsters on your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned during the Battle Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "FFX" monster from your hand. Once per turn, If a "FFX" monster you control attacks an opponent's monster, and it was not destroyed by that battle; That monster can attack another monster your opponent controls in a row.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=FFX - Auron, the Master Swordsman"]lg3cOyL.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can only control 1 "FFX - Auron, the Master Swordsman". There can only be 3 face-up "FFX" monsters on your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned during the Battle Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "FFX" monster from your hand. Once per turn, during either player's Damage Step: You can target 1 "FFX" monster you control. That target gains 400 ATK until the end of the Damage Step.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=FFX - Wakka, the Skilled Blitzballer"]tKgroIg.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can only control 1 "FFX - Wakka, the Skilled Blitzballer". There can only be 3 face-up "FFX" monsters on your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned during the Battle Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "FFX" monster from your hand. Once per turn, at the start of your Battle Phase: You can target 1 "FFX" monster you control; That target can attack directly this turn, but other monsters you control cannot attack for the rest of the turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=FFX - Lulu, the Black Mage"]jloXk7B.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can only control 1 "FFX - Lulu, the Black Mage". There can only be 3 face-up "FFX" monsters on your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned during the Battle Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "FFX" monster from your hand. Once per turn, if a "FFX" monster you control battles; You can roll a six-sided die to decrease the ATK of the monster it is battling by 100 x the die result.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=FFX - Kimahri, Warrior of the Ronso tribe"]IMEoZML.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can only control 1 "FFX - Kimahri, Warrior of the Ronso tribe". There can only be 3 face-up "FFX" monsters on your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned during the Battle Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "FFX" monster from your hand. During your Battle Phase, if a face-up “FFX” monster you control, except this card, would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect: You can destroy this card instead.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=FFX - Rikku, the Sporadic Thief"]7ceOvhf.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can only control 1 "FFX - Rikku, the Sporadic Thief". There can only be 3 face-up "FFX" monsters on your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned during the Battle Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "FFX" monster from your hand. During the Battle Phase, if a face-up "FFX" monster you control, except this card, is targeted by your opponent's card effect; You can change that effect to target this card instead. You can only activate this effect once per turn.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Spell Support 

[spoiler=Zanarkand Ruins]NJRpIYJ.jpg[spoiler=Lore"](This card is always treated as a "Fayth" Spell Card.)

All "FFX" monsters on the field gain 300 ATK. When an "FFX" monster you control attacks an opponent's monster, your opponent cannot activate card effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can shuffle 1 "FFX" monster from your Graveyard into the Deck. You can only activate this effect of "Zanarkand Ruins" once per turn.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hymn of Fayth"]EQrZdtW.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can only activate this card while you control "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons". This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Aeon" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute all "FFX" monsters you control (min. 1), except "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons", as an entire Tribute to Ritual Summon the Ritual Monster. If this card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons" from your Deck. You can only activate this effect of "Hymn of Fayth" once per turn.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Conditional Turn-Based Battle"]sChSwcG.png[spoiler=Lore"]You can only control 1 "Conditional Turn-Based Battle". Once per turn, during either player's Battle Phase, you can apply these effects, depending on the number of "FFX" monsters you control:

• 1 or more: All face-up "FFX" monsters gain 300 ATK.
  • 2 or more: Once this turn, if a face-up "FFX" monster you control is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "FFX" monster from your Graveyard to your hand with a different name than that destroyed monster. That monster cannot be Summoned this turn.
  • 3 or more: During this Battle Phase, if a face-up "FFX" monster you control destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "FFX" monster from your Deck to your hand whose ATK is less than the destroyed targets ATK. You can only activate this effect once per turn.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Phoenix Down"]23sODgB.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]During the turn a "FFX" monster you control was destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: Gain 400 Life Points for each "FFX" monster you control that was destroyed by battle this turn, and Special Summon 1 of those monsters from your Graveyard that were destroyed by battle this turn in face-up Defense Position. You can only activate 1 "Phoenix Down" per turn.[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=Party Member Switch"]X0PgPxC.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]Once per turn, at the end of your Battle Phase that a "FFX" monster you control attacked, if you control only 1 "FFX" monster: You can shuffle that "FFX" monster to your Deck to Special Summon up to 2 "FFX" monsters with different names from your Deck then that "FFX" monster. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn you activate this effect, except "FFX" and "Aeon" Ritual monsters.[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=Grand Summon"]sUg97CM.jpg[spoiler=Lore"](This card is always treated as a "Fayth" Spell Card.)

You can only activate this card if you control a face-up "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons". You can shuffle 1 "Aeon" Ritual Monster from your hand to the Deck: Draw 2 cards. During the same turn this card was activated, you can Ritual Summon a "Aeon" Ritual Monster from your Deck, by banishing this card from your Graveyard and sending all "FFX" monsters you control (min. 1), except "FFX - Yuna Summoner of Aeons", to the Graveyard as the entire Tribute. During the End Phase, that "Aeon" Ritual monster is shuffled into your Deck. You can only activate this effect of "Grand Summon" once per turn.[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=The Sending"]lPFJXzZ.png[spoiler=Lore"](This card is always treated as a "Fayth" Spell Card.)
You can only activate this card if you control a face-up "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons". Activate one of the following effects:
  • Send 1 face-up Level 4 or lower monster on the field to the Graveyard; Draw 1 card.
  •  Add 1 "FFX" monster from your Deck to your hand, then send 2 cards from your hand to the Graveyard.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

• Aeon Ritual Monsters 

[spoiler=The Summoned Aeon, Valefor"]xKLtV6t.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can Ritual Summon this card with "Hymn of Fayth". There can only be 1 face-up "Aeon" Ritual Monster on your side of the field. While you control this face-up card, you cannot Summon "FFX" monsters. "FFX, Yuna, Summoner of Aeons" cannot be selected as an attack target. If you do not control "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons", destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon up to 2 "FFX" monsters from your Graveyard. If this card battles a monster, after damage calculation; You can return 1 monster, except the one this card battled, your opponent controls to the hand.[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=The Summoned Aeon, Ifrit"]WeUs6dX.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can Ritual Summon this card with "Hymn of Fayth". There can only be 1 face-up "Aeon" Ritual Monster on your side of the field. While you control this face-up card, you cannot Summon "FFX" monsters. "FFX, Yuna, Summoner of Aeons" cannot be selected as an attack target. If you do not control "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons", destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon up to 2 "FFX" monsters from your Graveyard. If this card battles a monster whose DEF is higher than this cards ATK, destroy that monster after damage calculation.[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=The Summoned Aeon, Ixion"]lqBynrO.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can Ritual Summon this card with "Hymn of Fayth". There can only be 1 face-up "Aeon" Ritual Monster on your side of the field. While you control this face-up card, you cannot Summon "FFX" monsters. "FFX, Yuna, Summoner of Aeons" cannot be selected as an attack target. If you do not control "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons", destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon up to 2 "FFX" monsters from your Graveyard. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent, and if it destroys a monster by battle, it can attack once again in a row.[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=The Summoned Aeon, Shiva"]G2Q7QRA.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can Ritual Summon this card with "Hymn of Fayth". There can only be 1 face-up "Aeon" Ritual Monster on your side of the field. While you control this face-up card, you cannot Summon "FFX" monsters. "FFX, Yuna, Summoner of Aeons" cannot be selected as an attack target. If you do not control "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons", destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon up to 2 "FFX" monsters from your Graveyard. Once per turn, during your opponent’s Standby Phase, you can target 1 face-up monster they control; That target cannot change its battle position or activate it's effects this turn.[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=The Summoned Aeon, Bahamut"]V3aaCy1.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can Ritual Summon this card with "Hymn of Fayth". There can only be 1 face-up "Aeon" Ritual Monster on your side of the field. While you control this face-up card, you cannot Summon "FFX" monsters. "FFX, Yuna, Summoner of Aeons" cannot be selected as an attack target. If you do not control "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons", destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon up to 2 "FFX" monsters from your Graveyard. Once per turn, when this face-up card changes battle positions, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls: That target's ATK is halved.[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=The Summoned Aeon, Yojimbo"]YjAcsc0.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can Ritual Summon this card with "Hymn of Fayth". There can only be 1 face-up "Aeon" Ritual Monster on your side of the field. While you control this face-up card, you cannot Summon "FFX" monsters. "FFX, Yuna, Summoner of Aeons" cannot be selected as an attack target. If you do not control "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons", destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon up to 2 "FFX" monsters from your Graveyard. When this card battles, during the Damage Step you can pay Life Points in multiples of 200 (max. 600) to have the monster it's battling lose that much ATK and DEF, until the End Phase.[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=The Summoned Aeon, Anima"]tDteL8F.jpg[spoiler=Lore"]You can Ritual Summon this card with "Hymn of Fayth". There can only be 1 face-up "Aeon" Ritual Monster on your side of the field. While you control this face-up card, you cannot Summon "FFX" monsters. "FFX, Yuna, Summoner of Aeons" cannot be selected as an attack target. If you do not control "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons", destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon up to 2 "FFX" monsters from your Graveyard. If this card battles a monster, and the battle damage inflicted to your opponent was 2000 or more; You can banish all cards your opponent controls. This effect can only be used once while this card is on the field.[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=The Summoned Aeon, Magus Sisters"]i9xHnJb.png[spoiler=Lore"]You can Ritual Summon this card with "Hymn of Fayth". There can only be 1 face-up "Aeon" Ritual Monster on your side of the field. While you control this face-up card, you cannot Summon "FFX" monsters. "FFX, Yuna, Summoner of Aeons" cannot be selected as an attack target. If you do not control "FFX - Yuna, Summoner of Aeons", destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect: You can Special Summon up to 2 "FFX" monsters from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can toss a coin 3 times: Depending on the number of Heads results, activate this effect:

• 1: Gain 500 Life Points.
  • 2: Switch the original ATK and DEF of all face-up monsters on the field.
  • 3: This card's ATK becomes double it's original ATK until the 3rd End Phase this effect was activated.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

they are great!  yunas is the best one to ritual summon.  you did good man.

Thanks for the input :) I have been contemplating whether or not I should take out the "Cannot be used as Xyz Material" clause of the effect, but considered if they were TOO easy to make Xyz summons but now i am not so sure if that is game breaking. Granted, there can only be a few on the field, and only up to 3, rank 4's that need 3 materials would be very possible to summon left and right. Maybe Cannot be used as Xyz Material the turn it is summoned perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

Updated OP

Edits:

• Removed the clause of the FFX set "Cannot be used as Xyz material." Moved the "You can only control 1 ___" clause to the beginning on their descriptions for easier reading purposes.
  • Reworded the effect(s) of "Yuna", "Wakka", and "Rikku"
  • Added 3 new Spell Cards.
  • Added 3 more "Aeon" Ritual monsters.

(I have more content planned, so keep a lookout for that)

Everything seems really good and balanced, I would personally up some of the numbers on effects such as Auron (the attack increase should maybe go to something like 700) and Phoenix Down (the heal should go to 400-500 if you keep it like this). Also on Phoenix Down, make it only 1 monster and remove the special summon clause, because you could just activate it during the end phase and xyz summon that next turn. Other than that, everything looks really good.

Everything seems really good and balanced, I would personally up some of the numbers on effects such as Auron (the attack increase should maybe go to something like 700) and Phoenix Down (the heal should go to 400-500 if you keep it like this). Also on Phoenix Down, make it only 1 monster and remove the special summon clause, because you could just activate it during the end phase and xyz summon that next turn. Other than that, everything looks really good.

Thank you for the reply! And the reason I gave Auron only a 300 boost is because of cards like Conditional Turn-Based Battle and Zanarkand Ruins both already give 600+ total (making it a total boost outcome with auron to be 900+). Though, I suppose I can make it 400, which immediatly turns him into a 2k beater lol. And for Phoenix Down, you make a valid point, but the thing is with the Special summon clause, if you use it say during the BP, withought that clause you would be able to swarm anyway if 1 is SS during the BP (because they can SS more units from the hand during the BP.) But, I suppose I can make it so it is only 1 SS and a higher increase in Life Gain.

Updated OP

Edits:

• Reworded the effects of "Phoenix Down" and "Auron"
  • Added 1 new Spell Card.
  • Added the last 4 "Aeon" Ritual Monsters.

(I do not know If I will continue the content pass this point, but I hope to get more feedback, and should I do get feedback I would like to hear your guys suggestions on more card ideas. Thanks in advance :))

Updated OP

Edits:

• Edited the stats of "Magus Sisters"
  • Reworded "Anima" to 'banish' instead of destroy
  • Reworded "Party Member" switch to be less restricting.

(I can really use the feedback guys :) I am anxious to hear your guys opinions and thoughts, and whether or not some things need to be changed.)

Not bad. I recommend finding better images though.

Oh trust me, I searched far and wide for the best possible images that would look 'similiar' to actual Yugioh card art, and I tried to avoid using generic in-game screen shots (as the realism did not seem fitting to me at all.) Most of these images I used where cropped my self, but should I find an artist that does the FFX set with relatively nice art in a similiar vein I would change the images.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated OP

Edits:

• Added new Spell Card: "The Sending"
  • Fixed a couple of errors in their Lore

(I plan to re-word a couple of their effects to make them much more optimal in playability. I was also recommended to give them a series of boss monsters/xyz. Tell me what you guys think of this idea. I would love to hear your guy's opinions)

Well first off I'm a very big final fantasy fan, and this set is making me very happy to see.I don't remember how many time I had played through FFX on my fat ps2 in 2000's, hell my yuna was my best character everything I played and I rarely used the Aeons (except anima or magus sister because of mindy overall power). Getting a bit off track... time to get back to what at hand and fun part; looking over your cards more!

Right off the bat, first thing to notice is that this is more for casual players over actually trying to make them competitive and for what its trying, I can really see care you had taken to craft each effect. Certain tweaks such as how you limited the amount of character could be on the field at one time and how each effect closely resembles to their in game mechanics that minics character's play style. I only have two problems with the character cards as of right now, but they are personal complaints over actual problems. First of them being Yuna. I feel that she should have a bit more defense over attack because there is really nothing to protect her except when she has a Aeon on the field. Second is Auron. This one is the opposite because when you first get him, he greatly stronger than any of your character at the time, and his Sphere grid is more physical damage over anything else.

Now on to the spells, what a good variety you have developed here and actually work well with each others, each powering the characters. One thing that is bothering me is the continuous party switch. This effect in junction with any of your other monster effect will cause you to have 3 members on the board at no time.

Aeons time! and what wonderful cards you have here. Each are not overpowering and actually have really balanced effect for what they are meant to do. Wish that some of the stars would be change to match when to get them, but it ok because the effects easily makes up for that. Nice added bonus that yuna can't be attack while they are are field! 

One big weakness I can see to this deck is how much you need Yuna on board to pull off some of more powerful plays. I know this is because this is closely tied to how the story of the game progress but I would recommend more cards to focus on powering up different combos of cards/parties. 

P.S. Dark aeons should be Xyz's monster and any SIN forms should be synchro's... there are your boss monsters! 

Well first off I'm a very big final fantasy fan, and this set is making me very happy to see.I don't remember how many time I had played through FFX on my fat ps2 in 2000's, hell my yuna was my best character everything I played and I rarely used the Aeons (except anima or magus sister because of mindy overall power). Getting a bit off track... time to get back to what at hand and fun part; looking over you cards more!

Right off the bat, first thing to notice is that this is more for casual players over actually trying to make them competitive and for what its trying, I can really see care you had taken to craft each effect. Certain tweaks such as how you limited the amount of character could be on the field at one time and how each effect closely resembles to their in game mechanics that minics character's play style. I only have two problems with the character cards as of right now, but they are person complaints over actual problems. First of them being Yuna. I feel that she should have a bit more defense over attack because there is really nothing to protect her except when she has a Aeon on the field. Second is Auron. This one is the opposite because when you first get him, he greatly stronger than any of your character at the time, and his Sphere grid is more physical damage over anything else.

Now on to the spells, what a good variety you have developed here and actually work well with each others, each powering the characters. One thing that is bothering me is the continuous party switch. This effect in junction with any of your other monster effect will cause you to have 3 members on the board at no time.

Aeons time! and what wonderful cards you have here. Each are not overpowering and actually have really balanced effect for what they are meant to do. Wish that some of the stars would be change to match when to get them, but it ok because the effects easily makes up for that. Nice added bonus that yuna can't be attack while they are are field! 

One big weakness I can see to this deck is how much you need Yuna on board to pull off some of more powerful plays. I know this is because this is closely tied to how the story of the game progress but I would recommend more cards to focus on powering up different combos of cards/parties. 

P.S. Dark aeons should be Xyz's monster and any SIN forms should be synchro's... there are your boss monsters! 

Thank you for the reply! I think it is awesome you are a fan of Final Fantasy X (as am I) so kudos to you good sir. As far as your statements go:

You made some very strong points about what card's need to be tweaked to make them more optimal and how Yuna is pretty much the center point of the archetype (which you are spot on about; It was entirely my focus as I wanted her to be like the Deck's version of Bujin Yamato.) I also wanted to make their effects as close to their actual character personalities in-game as possible (meaning only 3 of each member and only 1 of each individual member.) You are definitely right in that Yuna needs a stronger Defense seeing she is very vulnerable to most, if not all card effects (and her search effect is only triggered during the Battle Phase, as is most of their effects.) My primary focus was to use the Battle Phase as a stand-point for all their effects and revolve said effects around (much like the in-game mechanics of FFX) I did state earlier I planned to re-haul some of their effects to make them more "competitive" or useful in terms of what the archetype is trying to attempt. Auron is easily the strongest of the cast (in which case he should be givin the nature of his playstyle in Final Fantasy X) so I gave him one of the strongest effects amongst the cast (easily turning him into a 2000+ beater.) I plan to give Yuna a base DEF of 2000 (The main reason I was using 1000 DEF was due to that little gimmick of "10" thus "1000".) I see there is no real reason to do that anymore (But I am fine with their current ATK values.) A lot of the spells are usually used in conjuntion with each other to create field advantage or making the party of 3 ASAP. A little note about Party Member Switch: You are right in the sense it CAN create a board of 3 members given the situation, BUT the effect only works at the END of the Battle Phase, meaning the FFX mosnters eff that activate during the Battle Phase wont trigger (but you can still Normal Summon a FFX monster from your hand.) There is also the restriction that prevents you from making an Xyz that turn. All in all I will take notice of your input and see about updating these cards soon. I do like the idea of Dark Aeons and Sin as a Synchro so be on the lookout for that. :)

These are amazing.  FFX is my second favorite FF game behind IX.  Thank you for this.

I do seem to be missing something though.  How do you Special summon these guys during battle phase unless an aeon is destroyed.  other than that i dont see a way to do that outside of actual TCG cards.  maybe im missing it.

These are amazing.  FFX is my second favorite FF game behind IX.  Thank you for this.

I do seem to be missing something though.  How do you Special summon these guys during battle phase unless an aeon is destroyed.  other than that i dont see a way to do that outside of actual TCG cards.  maybe im missing it.

Often through the likes of Yuna (She is basically the series Recruiter, and they in themselves can start a chain to SS the rest from your hand given you have individual copies is sitting in your hand at the time of their effects.) you can also do this through Phoenix Down.

Often through the likes of Yuna (She is basically the series Recruiter, and they in themselves can start a chain to SS the rest from your hand given you have individual copies is sitting in your hand at the time of their effects.) you can also do this through Phoenix Down.

Ah. I didn't see that last part of her effect somehow.  And I knew about Phoenix Down.  Thank you for responding.

Archived