The Rotom Series [7/7]

So the idea for these cards is that they revolve around Rotom, and his ability to enter Machines. The images are official nintendo pictures(most of them are from the TCG, barring Rotom Room)

[SPOILER=Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom]

Fhn3UXA.jpg

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 Machine-Type monster you control, equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Mischievous Washer Machine - Rotom Wash]

hYxsbBE.jpg

You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by Tributing 1 face-up WATER Machine-type monster with "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" equipped to it. Once per turn, you can shuffle any number of cards from your hand into the Deck, then draw that same number of cards. When this card is destroyed; Add 1 "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" from your Graveyard to your Deck.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Mischievous Oven - Rotom Heat]

HBYWyar.jpg

You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by Tributing 1 face-up FIRE Machine-type monster with "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" equipped to it. Once per turn, you can inflict 800 damage to your opponent. When this card is destroyed; Add 1 "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" from your Graveyard to your Deck.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Mischievous Fan - Rotom Fan]

OxYZkfr.jpg

You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by Tributing 1 face-up WIND Machine-type monster with "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" equipped to it. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card from your hand: Return 1 card on the field to its owner's hand. When this card is destroyed; Add 1 "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" from your Graveyard to your Deck.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Mischievous Refrigerator - Rotom Fridge]

6tmOdM1.jpg

You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by Tributing 1 face-up LIGHT Machine-type monster with "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" equipped to it. Once per turn, you can select 1 card on the field. Until your 2nd End Phase, that card cannot be flipped and has its effect negated. If the selected card is a monster: it cannot declare an attack or change its battle position until your 2nd End Phase. When this card is destroyed; Add 1 "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" from your Graveyard to your Deck.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Mischievous Lawnmower - Rotom Mow]

wIzuLuR.jpg

You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by Tributing 1 face-up EARTH Machine-type monster with "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" equipped to it. Once per turn, you can destroy 1 face-down card on the field. If you do, this card cannot attack this turn. When this card is destroyed; Add 1 "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" from your Graveyard to your Deck.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=The Rotom Room]

nPuRSsQ.jpg

Once per turn, if you control a face-up "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom": You can send it and 1 LIGHT, WATER, FIRE, EARTH, or WIND Machine-type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Rotom" monster from your Extra Deck that matches the attribute of the removed Machine-type monster. If you control a "Rotom" monster (except for "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom"), you can return it to your Extra Deck: Special Summon 1 "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" from your Graveyard.

[/SPOILER]

I really like the effects of each card. They clearly reflect the type of the monster. I also like how you made Rotom a Union monster and the method of summoning the different forms. Rotom Fridge being LIGHT is a bit strange but I can understand why you did that. Only thing I would change is the stats. Some forms are clearly more offensive or defensive than others. 

I love the idea.

Rotom himself is fine. Really plain, could see him giving something to the equipped monster other than protection. Perhaps a small 300 ATK boost would be welcomed. An ATK boost could help in that you could Fuse during your MP2 and use the effect of a Rotom Fusion like Mow that makes it unable to attack that turn.

Wash is okay, can Magical Mallet bar the -1 OPT, which is kind of cool and makes sense flavor-wise. Great job on him.

Heat has the card description under it of Wash, but I read the actual card. He himself is really weak and not worth going into at all. Perhaps a change in effect, or allowing him to attack during the turn he uses the effect?

Fan is decent, can deal with Extra Deck threats that are on the field, good answer to Midrash for the Deck since Rotom equip isn't a SS.

Fridge is mediocre, really. Perhaps effect negation to simulate freezing would be more appropriate, and it wouldn't be overpowered to be indefinite.

Mow is the best in my opinion as it actually equalizes the card advantage you lost going into it, assuming you didn't use Rotom Room. I could see going into Gear Gigant, adding Rotom to hand, and after attacking going into this and hitting a back row.

Rotom room is perfect.

I really like the effects of each card. They clearly reflect the type of the monster. I also like how you made Rotom a Union monster and the method of summoning the different forms. Rotom Fridge being LIGHT is a bit strange but I can understand why you did that. Only thing I would change is the stats. Some forms are clearly more offensive or defensive than others. 

Yeah for Rotom-Fridge I didn't have much of a choice except LIGHT, since DARK doesn't make too much sense. I guess I could make it WATER but since Wash is already WATER this seems kind of weird. Also, the stats on each Rotom form are the same in-game, except for normal Rotom, who is much weaker compared to his other forms, so I wanted to reflect that in the cards. Thanks for the post! :]

I love the idea.

Rotom himself is fine. Really plain, could see him giving something to the equipped monster other than protection. Perhaps a small 300 ATK boost would be welcomed. An ATK boost could help in that you could Fuse during your MP2 and use the effect of a Rotom Fusion like Mow that makes it unable to attack that turn.

Wash is okay, can Magical Mallet bar the -1 OPT, which is kind of cool and makes sense flavor-wise. Great job on him.

Heat has the card description under it of Wash, but I read the actual card. He himself is really weak and not worth going into at all. Perhaps a change in effect, or allowing him to attack during the turn he uses the effect?

Fan is decent, can deal with Extra Deck threats that are on the field, good answer to Midrash for the Deck since Rotom equip isn't a SS.

Fridge is mediocre, really. Perhaps effect negation to simulate freezing would be more appropriate, and it wouldn't be overpowered to be indefinite.

Mow is the best in my opinion as it actually equalizes the card advantage you lost going into it, assuming you didn't use Rotom Room. I could see going into Gear Gigant, adding Rotom to hand, and after attacking going into this and hitting a back row.

Rotom room is perfect.

Whoops, fixed the whole Rotom-Heat/Wash things (also just removed Quotes for flavor - they're just too finicky). I did what you said for Heat, Bormal, and Fridge (Normal gives 500 ATK boost instead of 300). Still made Fridges finite, but made it last until the 3rd End Phase. Thank you for the suggestions and fixes! :]

I really like how you call Rotom a poltergeist.

Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom:

The name, art, atk/def, and effect are good, however, maybe have it also have the effect of it being destroyed instead of the monster it is equipped to.

Mischievous Oven - Rotom Heat:

Do you believe that its effect is reflective to the actual Rotom in game? (Its fine if you think it is)

Mischievous Refrigerator - Rotom Fridge:

Maybe change it to

You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by Tributing 1 face-up LIGHT Machine-type monster with "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" equipped to it. Once per turn, you can select 1 face-up card on the field. Until your 2nd End Phase, that card's effect is negated and it cannot attack . When this card is destroyed; Add 1 "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" from your Graveyard to your Deck.

you know to give it more of a freezing effect.

Everything else looks fine.

8.5/10

I really like how you call Rotom a poltergeist.

Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom:

The name, art, atk/def, and effect are good, however, maybe have it also have the effect of it being destroyed instead of the monster it is equipped to.

Mischievous Oven - Rotom Heat:

Do you believe that its effect is reflective to the actual Rotom in game? (Its fine if you think it is)

Mischievous Refrigerator - Rotom Fridge:

Maybe change it to

You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by Tributing 1 face-up LIGHT Machine-type monster with "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" equipped to it. Once per turn, you can select 1 face-up card on the field. Until your 2nd End Phase, that card's effect is negated and it cannot attack . When this card is destroyed; Add 1 "Mischievous Poltergeist - Rotom" from your Graveyard to your Deck.

you know to give it more of a freezing effect.

Everything else looks fine.

8.5/10

Hm that's a good point on Fridge. I might implement that.

As for Rotom-Heat, I don't think it reflects it perfectly, but a burn effect on a fire mon makes sense (and could reflect Will-O-Wisp). Not sure what else I can do tbh - suggestions would be great. Thanks for the review! :]

Archived