[Leaderboard] J-Max vs Omegawave (Done!)

J-Max

Leaderboard Rules apply
Voters must give a valid reason for their Votes
First to 3 or 48 Hours
Please PM your card to me with all Identification off of it.
Winner gets 1 Rep from the Loser.

Challenge: 1 Cloudian Card. Can be Spell, Trap or monster. Written is also accepted.

CARD A

LyvLL5w.jpg

This card can be Special Summoned from your hand when there is 5 or more Fog Counters. During your turn, the original ATK of this card is the number of Fog Counters x 200. During your opponent's turn, the original DEF of this card is the number of Fog Counters x 200. During each of your Standby Phases, you can Tribute 1 non "Cloudian" monster you control to Put 1 Fog Counter on each face-up monster.

CARD B

A51pies.jpg
This face-up card is treated as a "Cloudian" monster. Each time a "Cloudian" monster is Summoned: Place 1 Fog Counter on this card. Once per turn when exactly 1 "Cloudian" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Cloudian" monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position whose level is equal to the level of the destroyed monster; then remove all Fog Counters from this card and distribute them among face-up "Cloudian" monsters you control. You can only control 1 "Life of the Cloud".

Card A is a mediocre beatstick, and that Fog Counter gain effect is just really inefficient due to needing a non-Cloudian monster.

Card B is very good, but triggering by monsters needing to be destroyed by card effect helps balance it out. And it has better flavor.

Vote for Card B.

Both cards have some OCG errors.

A seems really lackluster Just a weaker Nimbus with a useless effect tacked on to make it seem like more.

B is very interesting in its treatment of itself as a monster. Could be worded better so that it cant be targeted by things like Bear. The replacement and redistribution thing is a really cool idea that I think was executed very well, but is susceptible to potential abuse since the Cloudians can effectively kill themselves if they want to.

Card B has my vote.

Card A is a dismal beatstick that relies on midgame to gain power based on Fog Counters while it itself may not be as powerful as it should be. Has no good synergy with Cloduians since they already have a good abundance of Fog Counter distribution effects, and yet this card doesn't even shift into DEF to protect itself. And the Cloudian Squall effect is useless at the end.

Card B seems like the better treatment they need. It's slow but it does have the usefulness of swarming Cloudians while distributing its Fog Counters as if it passes down a lofe, and I like that thematic. It has lesser OCG errors than A, but generally it could have been outfitted to be more like a trap monsters with actual attributes.

B gets my vote.

2 votes for Card B. Alright then.

Will Card B take the win or will Card A make a comeback? FIND OUT NEXT TIME! ON YUGIOH BALL Z!

.....And WE'RE BACK.

Omegawave wins 3-0. Card A is probally one of my worst cards I have ever created..... I was extremely tired that night but wanted to have a go before I went to sleep. When I look at it now, there is no flavor, tacked on Beatstick qualitys and a confusing ATK and DEF gain. I am ashamed of myself....

Archived