[URL=http://imgur.com/f99VBHY]f99VBHY.jpg[/URL]

[spoiler='Meteor Archfiend Dragon']2 Level 8 Dragon-Type monsters

You can also use 1 Level 8 or higher Dragon-Type Fusion Monster you control as the Xyz Material. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to declare a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); both players reveal all cards in their hand and field. Destroy all other cards in the hand and field of the declared type, then take 1000 damage. Inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed by this effect. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler]

I'm not quite sure if the OCG is right, but I think the effect is legible enough. It hurts your opponent for over-extending, but punishes you if you have too many cards. It's kinda like Gandora, but with burn damage. The name is a nod to both Red Archfiend Dragon and Black Skull Dragon (aka Black Demon Dragon in the OCG). I almost thought about putting Level 8 or higher Synchro's as the material to bring it out, but backed off that.

Thoughts?

2 Level 8 Dragon-Type monsters

Can also be Xyz-Summoned by using 1 Level 8 or higher Dragon-Type Fusion as the Xyz-Material. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz-Material and pay 1000 Life Points to declare 1 type of card (Monster, Spell, or Trap): Both players reveal all cards in their Hand and field: destroy all cards that are the type you chose. Your opponent takes 500 damage for each card destroyed this way. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.

Just some OCG fix:

2 Level 8 Dragon-Type monsters

You can also use 1 Level 8 or higher Dragon-Type Fusion Monster you control as the Xyz Material. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to declare card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); both players reveal all cards in their hand and field. Destroy all other cards in the hand and field of the declared type, then take 1000 damage. Inflict  500 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed by this effect. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.

*(Not sure if the OCG fix was 100% correct, but I tried my best.)

Things to consider: 

Since you can special summon this card easily with Mythic Dragons and Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragons (not to mention its heavy burn damage), I'd say maybe tone down its ATK to 3200-3300. The "cannot declare and attack" restriction makes it really well-balanced, considering it reveals and destroys cards from the hand. Its summoning condition is really nice, too, promoting Dragon-Type Fusion monsters; although, I'm not sure which ones you would use. In my opinion, I think this card would see more play if you put "You can also use 1 Level 8 or higher Dragon-Type Synchro Monster you control as the Xyz Material.", but that might be a bit too easy for such a neat effect.

About its flavor:

I personally like how both players take burn damage, as well as how it destroys everything in the hand and field. Like how a meteor gets rid of all of its surroundings and how there are consequences for both sides. The picture chosen was neat. I personally like how the dragon featured is bulky, like a rock (meteor). The only thing that seems off to me is its "You can also use 1 Level 8 or higher Dragon-Type Fusion Monster you control as the Xyz Material." caluse. 

Anyway, I hope this review was helpful, and I apologize in every way possible if I somehow altered your card's effect and/or offended you in any way.

First of all, thanks for the OCG fix.

Second, I want to keep him 3500/2000 as that's the same stats as the Original Meteor Black Dragon. The ATK is a little high among the Rank 8's, but Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon beats him out slightly (4000 ATK with 2 materials) as does Zombiestein (4500 with 2 DARK materials). But in the end it's the effect that is the main reason you're playing him, a big ATK when you've run out of materials is only a bonus.

Third, that's mainly as a shoutout to Meteor B. Dragon, and some as well as some other cards from the early days (Black Skull Dragon, Raptinus in a Gemini Deck, and so on). In hindsight I think it's best not to have Synchro's as part of his effect. Turn 1 you can vomit your resources into pulling something like Stardust out and nuke your opponent, see their hand, and lose very little of your empty field while burning them.

Fourth, no offense take, I'm sincerely thankful for the input you've given me (and looking at your edit I think I'd like not having him kill himself by his own effect, so more thanks there).

Archived