[Haru-Star] Dark Blade Series

Armoire

In Honor of the Original Dark Blade

YSDS-EN003.jpg

[spoiler='Different Dark Blades']

[spoiler='Before the Dark World']7Cmoj5x.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Once per turn: You can send 1 face-up Union Monster equipped to this card to the Graveyard; you can add 1 Union Monster from your deck to your hand. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: you can add 1 Union Monster from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only control 1 "Dark Blade the Royal Warrior".[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='The Abandoned Armor']nfCrScs.jpg

[spoiler='Lore'](This card is also always treated as "Dark Blade".)This card is treated as a Normal Monster in the Graveyard. When a Union Monster is equipped to this card: You can target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish that target. You can only use this effect of "Dark Blade Remnant" once per turn.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Dark Blade's Prime']IgNEI6D.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Dark Blade" Normal Monster from your Graveyard. When this card is Summoned: You can target 1 appropriate Union Monster in your Graveyard and equip it to this card. This card gains 100 ATK for each Union Monster in your Graveyard. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. You can only control 1 "Dark Blade the General of the Evil World".[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='One With Kiryu']S1fpvi6.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']"Dark Blade" + "Kiryu"

When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can target 1 Union Monster in your Graveyard; equip it to this card. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects. Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can discard 1 random card from their hand. [/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Union Monsters']

[spoiler='An Older Pitch-Dark Dragon']xKsEEu2.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Once per turn, during either player's turn: if you control this card on the field, you can equip it to a "Dark Blade" monster you control, OR: unequip this card and Special Summon it face-up Attack Position. While equipped by this effect, the equipped monster gains 900 ATK and DEF. If the equipped monster attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.) This card's name becomes "Pitch-Dark Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='A Stronger Kiryu']NESaJ91.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']If there is a face-up "Dark Blade" monster on your side of the field, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 face-up "Dark Blade" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. While equipped by this effect, the equipped monster gains 1400 ATK and DEF. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Dark Blade's New Dragon']il1sgkB.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 face-up "Dark Blade" monster you control; equip this card to that target (from your hand, field, or Graveyard), OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. While equipped by this effect, the equipped monster gains 600 ATK and DEF. If the equipped monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Draw 1 card. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Union Support']

[spoiler='Dark Blade Tames Kiryu']ZcEIAkc.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Union Monsters in your Spell & Trap Card Zone cannot be targeted by, or destroyed by, card effects. Once per turn, monsters you control (min. 1) equipped with a Union Monster monster cannot be destroyed by card effects. You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Kiryu's Wrath']d8xmVTz.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']When a Union Monster(s) you control is destroyed: Target 1 card on your opponent's side of the field; destroy that target and inflict 700 damage to your opponent. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Union Monster from your Graveyard to your hand.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Shape-Shifting Creature']YlNYPRA.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']When this card is Normal Summoned: You can send 1 Union Monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can target 1 Union Monster in your Graveyard; this card's name becomes that monster's name and this card's effect becomes that monster's original effect while this card is face-up on the field. [/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='The Possessing Armor']T6igtBg.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Dark Blade” Normal Monster from your Deck or Graveyard in face-up Defense Position. If you do, destroy this card. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can send 1 face-up Union monster you control, except “The Wandering Armor”, that is equipped to a monster to the Graveyard; Equip this card on the field or in your Graveyard to a "Dark Blade" monster you control. The equipped monster is unaffected by the effects of LIGHT monsters. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle, this card is destroyed instead.) You can only control 1 face-up “The Wandering Armor”.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Seems like a nice idea to revive Union Monsters, the additional Dark Blades are nice, although the second (counting the normal as the first) seems a bit too much. Re-summoning a monster by discarding 1 card is just... Over. Of course he wouldn't have his unions, but it wouldn't work out too well. I think. 

Seems like a nice idea to revive Union Monsters, the additional Dark Blades are nice, although the second (counting the normal as the first) seems a bit too much. Re-summoning a monster by discarding 1 card is just... Over. Of course he wouldn't have his unions, but it wouldn't work out too well. I think. 

I edited his last effect from discarding 1 card to add himself to the hand to just search for a Union Monster from the Deck or Graveyard. Do you think it is still too much?

I have to say, this is a well done series. It is a shame Konami does not capitilize on Union monster support. 

Something to note about the art: It is fantastic. The art choice is very form fitting and matches well with the appropriate name, 10/10.

Dark Blade the Royal Warrior: I find this guy to be an immediate staple to the series (a much needed support card for Union monsters in general.) His effect certainly isn't broken, but shouldn't the "Once per turn: You can send 1 face-up Union Monster equipped to this card to the Graveyard, then you can add 1 Union Monster from your deck to your hand." Be re-worded to "Once per turn, you can send 1 face-up Union Monster equipped to this card to the Graveyard; Add 1 Union monster from your Deck to your hand." This way, it is both grammatically correct and the effect won't miss timing if the first condition resolves (based on how you worded it, it seemed like it would.) Since it already searches for Union monster's with it's first effect, I think it is a bit too good if it get's an added search with it's secondary effect. I think it is safer to leave it as a recycler for Unions from the Graveyard rather than an added search.

Dark Blade the General of the Evil World is certainly an interesting card. Pretty balanced and not at all over-powered. He has a nice little Armades based effect too and since he requires a specific summon set-up, he is a decent card, though I do not think he is all that viable in help in terms of the rest of the set. My suggestion is, to make a Dark Blade Noble Knight-ish type card, one where it treats itself as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field/Graveyard, and possibly gains an additional effect when equipped to a Union monster. As to what that effect might be, I am not sure (though I am sure you can come up with something interesting).

The Union Monsters: Overall, I like each of them, especially Prime Pitch-Dark Dragon (though maybe you can word it to treat itself as Pitch-Dark Dragon, like with some of the Cyber Dragon Support.) My reasoning for that is because of the Dark Blade Fusion, that needs the original Dark Blade and Pitch-Dark Dragon. The Union monsters are really cool, and Pecula the Altering Spirit is a neat addition because it set-s up the Graveyard for Royal Knight and card's like Roll Out! (though, I am not sure what the treat itself as that name adds too.)

Overall a very nice set, but there are a couple of grammatical errors here and there, nothing that cannot be fixed though. Continue the good work!

Edits:

• Updated the effect of Dark Blade General of the Evil World in order to relate it more to the series
  • Fixed the effect of Dark Blade the Royal Warrior
  • Added a new card, Dark Blade Remnant to function as a Normal Monster and Fusion material for Dark Blade the Dragon Knight
  • Considering making a Fusion Card; leaning towards not making one at the moment

A couple of grammatical errors in Dark Blade Royal Knight

• You do not need to put a colon right after "Once per turn" only after the initial condition of the effect (most expectantly after "Graveyard", you are more likely to put a comma after Once per turn (A colon indicates where a new effect/condition begins) and after colons, you capitalize the following word, or in this case "Add"
  • You do place a colon after the full condition of the effect - "If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: You can add.. Rather then a comma, or else the effect would be worded to miss timing since the first part would not be able to resolve.

I like Remnant, though I am unsure of how ideal it is for him to become Dark Blade while in the hand.

You do not need to put a colon right after "Once per turn" only after the initial condition of the effect (most expectantly after "Graveyard", you are more likely to put a comma after Once per turn (A colon indicates where a new effect/condition begins) and after colons, you capitalize the following word, or in this case "Add"

This part is a cost: "You can send 1 face-up Union Monster equipped to this card to the Graveyard;". And not a condition.

You do place a colon after the full condition of the effect - "If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: You can add.. Rather then a comma, or else the effect would be worded to miss timing since the first part would not be able to resolve.

It's 'when' and 'if' that matters when we talk about 'missing the timing'. Basically, 'if' never misses. And if an effect uses a comma instead of a colon, that means it's a continuous effect, it won't start a chain, and it will resolve just when it happens (after you discard it as a cost, for example). Example: "If this card is sent to the Graveyard, draw 1 card". When you discard it via Lightning Vortex, these happens in sequence: You activate Lightning Vortex, discarding that card. That card IMMEDIATELY applies its effect, you draw 1 card. THEN, you/your opponent can chain their cards, then proceed as usual.
Do note that older cards might use continuous effect wording, even though it actually means that the effect is a trigger effect.

This part is a cost: "You can send 1 face-up Union Monster equipped to this card to the Graveyard;". And not a condition.

It's 'when' and 'if' that matters when we talk about 'missing the timing'. Basically, 'if' never misses. And if an effect uses a comma instead of a colon, that means it's a continuous effect, it won't start a chain, and it will resolve just when it happens (after you discard it as a cost, for example). Example: "If this card is sent to the Graveyard, draw 1 card". When you discard it via Lightning Vortex, these happens in sequence: You activate Lightning Vortex, discarding that card. That card IMMEDIATELY applies its effect, you draw 1 card. THEN, you/your opponent can chain their cards, then proceed as usual.

Ah my mistake. Though, I was not aware if you place a colon right after Once per turn, as I was only aware of colons being placed after the initial effect. I apologize for any misconception or confusion.

This explains how to use colons and semi colons. Basically, colons are used after when and/or how often you can activate it, such as "Once per turn:" or "When a Union Monster is equipped to this card:", and so on and so forth. Semicolons are used after costs and/or targeting.

Final bump.

You make this sound so sad! You acomplished what I thought wasn't possible, making a Dark Blade deck (lol). Anyways, this was a great deck to see. I'm going to try this out with my friends IRL tomorrow. They will probably be extremely confused (who would blame them) and get extremely mad because I am back at using fake decks again (lol). Anyways, this deck seems really awesome and I love how all of their effects work. Awesome job.

Final bump.

Haha... I guess not. I made a Fusion Monster and a Continuous Trap just now. It's fun.

You make this sound so sad! You acomplished what I thought wasn't possible, making a Dark Blade deck (lol). Anyways, this was a great deck to see. I'm going to try this out with my friends IRL tomorrow. They will probably be extremely confused (who would blame them) and get extremely mad because I am back at using fake decks again (lol). Anyways, this deck seems really awesome and I love how all of their effects work. Awesome job.

Thank you! You're inspiring me to work even harder--
Anyway, did you had/are having fun with the deck? I hope you are.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived