I always thought this would be a cool idea

Not exactly a good idea, but a cool one.

Import your custom cards to your account on DuelingNetwork where you can use them only in Unlimited (Unrated). The only problem... OP custom cards. Yeah, it's one thing to go up against someone who has 3 Raigekis in Unlimited, but it would be really annoying if someone plays custom cards with the same effect as Raigeki with an additional OP effect like, "Decrease your opponent's Life Points by the number of Monsters destroyed x500 points."

Besides people importing and using OP cards, what are your thoughts on this? I think it would be pretty fun if... considering people don't create and use OP cards.

Not really, I don't really agree. And I don't think it's going to happen ever. Too much mess and work for no reason for it to happen. 'considering people don't create and use OP cards.' really? you really think so? Ok, let's assume that happens. The archetypes that people come up with could be impossible to pull off in DN, effect wise and mechanic wise.

So no, I wouldn't be happy about it.

It would be very hard and unideal. First, there would have to be major compliance and agreement between YCM and DN, which would be very costly time-wise. ANd even so there wouldn't be much strong regulation over what can be judged as OP or not. This is definitely not an idea worth running now as YCM can stick to having its members creating ccrappy cards and DN stickign to creating crappy members. And too much of that integration is not one I like to see. But to be serious, this will never happen.

Archived