Pendulum Monster Entries[Finished]

Feartheghost

Hey guys, this is my first contest so please bear with me and give me some advice if I am doing anything wrong or badly!

Deadline: June 20th, 2014

[spoiler='Fee']3 points[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Rules']1: Two or three cards per person, or one generic card.
2: Card must be a Pendulum card.
3: It must not be related to an existing archetype.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Judges']1: Me
2:sharpretina24
3:Sakura Haruno[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Scores']Followed Rules: /30
Picture Relatedness: /20
Wording: /20
Spelling: /10
Creativeness: /10

Total: /90[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Pot']50 points[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Prize']50% of pot to First Place
30% of pot to Second Place
15% of pot to Third Place[/spoiler]

Entrants:

- Aqua Hina

- Overfrost!

- ZaTaisho

UnendingEmpire

- Kamishiro Ryoga

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'll offer my judging services, if you'd like. 

Most of the veterans in this section know how I grade by now, but I'll explain it regardless.

Balance (15) - Is said card broken on its own/in conjunction with other cards?

OCG/Spelling (15) - Are you adhering to PSCT format? Are you using proper spelling/grammar in accordance with standard English?

Creativity (15) - Is this something that's been overdone or a new thing?

Theme (5) - Did you read the rules AND are using Types/Attributes/stats that exist in the TCG/OCG?

This is out of 50 points. Note that I don't really care if you have a pic (considering there are CC veterans who specialize in Written Cards), so I am not factoring that into judging.

On another note, you will need prizes; especially since you're collecting points. Whether or not you're putting the entry fees into a pot or distributing other forms of prizes is solely up to you. I'd also advise lowering the entry fees [especially not charging members more entry points because of their rank]. Also note that you will have to scale scores to a common number, given sharprentina and yourself are using different ones.

Aside from prize, I also suggest that each contestant should make 2 Pendulum Cards, since they're cards that were decided to have interaction with another Pendulum Card (see Magicians) or else the only way to make a good single Pendulum Card is tutor (see Odd-Eyes), though I'm fine with that, so if prize issue is fixed, I'll join

@Sakura Haruno: I added you as a judge, also I changed my scoring to total 90. I honestly think one of my favorite things about making cards is finding a picture that goes with the name and effect, and I want my way of judging to reflect that even if it isn't ideal. :)

@Aqua Hina: Thanks for mentioning the prize, I knew I was forgetting something! Also, I changed the requirement to 2-3 pendulum cards to work together, or one generic one.

Also, ~Bump

You do realize that all three of us (you, myself and sharprentina) are using different grading scales; as mentioned earlier, you need to find a common point to scale our scores to, so all hold equal weight in deciding a winner. Though, since you're using a 90 point scale; the scaling is nicer than if you retained your 100-point one.

In any case, if multiple cards are entered, I will be taking the average score. Just as a heads-up.

bacause Computer class was an epic freetime
[spoiler='Entry']

[spoiler='Spark Dragonia']
S4HoscO.jpg

Pendulum Effect
If the only monsters you control are Wyrm-Type monsters, "Dragonia" cards you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Up to twice per turn, if a face-up "Dragonia" card(s) you control would be destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or card effect), you can discard 1 card, instead.
Monster Effect
If this card is Summoned from the hand: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. Then, if you control 2 or more Wyrm-Type monsters, draw 1 card. This card cannot attack your opponent directly during the turn you activate this effect. When a card effect is activated: Return this face-up card to your hand. You can only use 1 "Spark Dragonia" monster effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Frost Dragonia']
A74MWuq.jpg

Pendulum Effect
You can return this card to the hand; add 1 "Dragonia" Pendulum Card from your Graveyard or Extra Deck to your hand. When your opponent's monster declare a direct attack while this card is in your hand: You can negate the attack, and if you do, negate the attacking monster's effects until your next End Phase. If you activate any of these effects, you cannot Summon monsters until your next End Phase, except for Wyrm-Type monsters. You can only use 1 "Frost Dragonia" Pendulum effect per turn, and only once that turn.
Monster Effect
If this card is Summoned from the hand: You can target 1 Set card on the field; that target cannot be activated (including be activated in response to this effect's activation) or Flip Summoned until your opponent's next End Phase. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can draw 1 card. When a card effect is activated: Return this face-up card to your hand. You can only use 1 "Frost Dragonia" monster effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Flare Dragonia']
QmAIv4n.jpg

Pendulum Effect
When this card is activated: Add 1 "Dragonia" card from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except by Pendulum Summon. When you would take damage while this card is in your hand: You can reduce that damage by 1000. You can only use 1 "Flare Dragonia" Pendulum effect per turn, and only once that turn.
Monster Effect
If this card is Summoned from the hand: You can inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can draw 1 card. When a card effect is activated: Return this face-up card to your hand, You can only use 1 "Flare Dragonia" monster effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

You require Pendulum cards and not support, correct? I couldn't make a Spell/Trap, for instance?

Also, if Pendulum Cards, what do you suggest to create them bar PhotoShop, as I don't have it, and GIMP, since I refuse to use that program since its a crap PhotoShop that urks me with its interface?

Considering that the host and sharprentina this ARE factoring in pictures, but I'm not grading on pic (because I understand how difficult it is to find suitable pictures at times), this question's up in the air right now.

You could make them as regular Effect Monsters, then put their Pendulum Scales/effects as a sidenote inside the lore. That'll work until YCMaker adds Pendulums (Zextra already made the templates)

@Therrion: You can try MSE to do the cards, assuming your computer is able to run it (I believe the setup files are located in the Tutorials section of Showcase). Or if the host decides to allow Written Cards, you can do that. But try that option of making a regular card, then adding the scales/Pendulum Effect in the lore.

Entry Fee has been paid and hope for the best!
[spoiler=ZaTaisho's Entry]
What's the purpose of flipping cards face-down in the Graveyard?:

• According to http://yugioh.wikia..../Graveyard_Zone, cards in the Graveyard resides face-up at all times.
  • Face-down cards are considered as cards with no card type or name ("Unknown Cards")
  • Card effects cannot target an Unknown Card if specifically targets a card type or name (Monster, Spell, Trap, "Name")
  • Card effects that activate in the Graveyard cannot be resolved if face-down (ex: Necro Gardna, Plaguespreader Zombie, Stardust Dragon, etc...)
  • Card effects that activate when sent to the Graveyard can be activated and resolved, even if sent face-down. (ex: Sangan, Dandylion, Imairuka, etc...)

[spoiler=Stigmaeon - Spirit of Pendulum]bfEIS26.jpg

Pendulum Effect
①: You can flip 1 card in your Graveyard face-down to Special Summon this card. ②: If you don’t have a “Stigmaeon” card in your other Pendulum Zone, this card’s Pendulum Scale becomes 6.
Monster Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Pendulum Summon or by its own effect. ①: This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Special Summoned. ②: If this card is Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck, and you control at least 1 “Stigmaeon” card in your Pendulum Zones, you can flip 1 card in your opponent’s Graveyard face-down.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stigmaeon - Princess of Allure]1DXhy4A.jpg

Pendulum Effect
①: Once per turn, you can flip 1 face-down card in your Graveyard, face-up.
Monster Lore
Born with great beauty and the power of Pendulum, a princess who dances in the era of Aeon with a curse which attracts those who bear the mark of Stigma.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stigmaeon - Prince of Aggro]PhMx4h0.jpg

Pendulum Effect
Activate only if you control a “Stigmaeon” card in one of your Pendulum Zones. ①: All monsters you control gain 300 ATK equal to the number of cards in the Pendulum Zones. ②: If you don’t have a “Stigmaeon” card in your other Pendulum Zone, destroy this card.
Monster Effect
If you control a “Stigmaeon - Princess of Allure” on your side of the field, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. ①: Once per turn, you can flip 5 cards in your Graveyard face-down, until the end of your opponent’s next turn. If you do, destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Point sent, i'll enter

entry:
[spoiler=Sacred Wing - Zephyr'']x1o3.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Lore']-Pendulum effect:
If all monsters you control (if any) are "Sacred Wing" monster(s): You can Special Summon this card.You can only activate this effect of "Sacred Wing - Zephyr" once per turn.
-Monster effect:
If you control a face-up "Sacred Wing - Sylph", and you have an unused Pendulum Zone: You can place this card to an unused Pendulum Zone.You can only activate this effect of "Sacred Wing - Zephyr" once per turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sacred Wing - Sylph'']erk3.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Lore']-Pendulum effect:
If all monsters you control (if any) are "Sacred Wing" monster(s): You can Special Summon this card.You can only activate this effect of "Sacred Wing - Zephyr" once per turn.
-Monster effect:
When a "Sacred Wing" monster, except "Sacred Wing - Sylph" is placed to your pendulum zone and you have an unused Pendulum Zone: You can place this card to an unused Pendulum Zone.You can only activate this effect of "Sacred Wing - Sylph" once per turn. During the turn this effect is activated, you can Pendulum Summon Winged Beast-Type monster(s) as your additional Pendulum Summon this turn.[/spoiler]

um, a quick question i'm probably get reprimanded for, but I'm going to ask anyway... is there a generator i can use for pendulum monsters? they look really cool 

I have know idea for a generator but you can use Photoshop/Gimp/Magic Card Editor for it.

Archived