Pendulum Monster Entries[Finished]

Feartheghost

I have know idea for a generator but you can use Photoshop/Gimp/Magic Card Editor for it.

yeah, but... 1) i don't want to wait 2) i don't have a photoshop and never will 3) what's gimp? 4) you mean spell cards cause to me magic cards means magic the gathering card and they don't have a format like that 5) spell cards don't look anything like pendulums  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, but... 1) i don't want to wait 2) i don't have a photoshop and never will 3) what's gimp? 4) you mean spell cards cause to me magic cards means magic the gathering card and they don't have a format like that 5) spell cards don't look anything like pendulums  

No clue but not likely. 

You can just post the card's effects/stats in Written Card form, then find an appropriate picture.

Or as I mentioned sometime earlier, just make it as a regular monster card; then add the Pendulum Scales/effects in the regular box/lore.

As for templates, there is one made by Zextra in Showcase (two variants; a PS one and a GIMP one [which I did for Zex upon his request]; both of them are made exactly the same way as the current ones in YCM's generator).

Use the latter template to create a card if you need to. [GIMP is an image-editing program that is free to download; simply go on their site and obtain the program; it's not that difficult to do]. All you need to do is adjust the stats/effects accordingly to whatever you need.

thank you.

ok, just three more questions.  1) what's with the diamonds and numbers on the card and what do they mean? 2) what exactly is a pendulum effect and how is it activated?  3)  wyrm is now an excepted type?  

1. Left Pendulum Scale, and Right Pendulum Scale.
  2. It's applied if the card is in the Pendulum Zone. A Pendulum Monster can be activated from your hand to your Pendulum Zone as a spell. Its effects' activation follows the rules of Trigger-like, and Ignition-like effects (like Continuous Spell Cards). Also, its Pendulum effects follow the standard rulings for Continuous Spell Cards (like can't target itself, and won't resolve if it leaves the field).
  3. Yes.

You should not ask those questions here though. And google (or more specifically, yugioh.wikia can answer those questions).

Pendulum Monster Contest Entry - Overfrost!

[spoiler=Cards]

apa1vl.jpg

If the Pendulum Scale of the other card in your Pendulum Zones is not 6 or 9, destroy this card. If this card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed: You can banish it. Once per turn, if you control another "Urano" card: You can target 1 monster you control; this turn, that target is treated as a Tuner monster, and if it is an Xyz Monster, its Rank is also treated as its Level.
If you would Pendulum Summon while you control an "Urano" card in your Pendulum Zones, you can ignore this card's Level for that Pendulum Summon. You can only control 1 "Lunaris, Uranologos Sealed Angel". If this card is in face-up Defense Position, decrease its Level by 4. If this card is used for a Synchro Summon, banish it. If this card is banished: You can shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do, add 1 "Urano" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Lunaris, Uranologos Sealed Angel". You can only use this effect of "Lunaris, Uranologos Sealed Angel" once per turn.

245byo8.jpg

If the Pendulum Scale of the other card in your Pendulum Zones is not 7 or 8, destroy this card. If this card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed: You can send it to the Graveyard. Once per turn, if you control another "Urano" card: You can target 1 monster you control; if that target is an Xyz Monster, its Rank is also treated as its Level, also increase its Level by up to 4.
If you would Pendulum Summon while you control an "Urano" card in your Pendulum Zones, you can ignore this card's Level for that Pendulum Summon. You can only control 1 "Solaris, Uranologos Sealed Dragon". If this card is in face-up Defense Position, decrease its Level by 2. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do, add 1 "Urano" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Solaris, Uranologos Sealed Dragon". You can only use this effect of "Solaris, Uranologos Sealed Dragon" once per turn.

2ylo00n.jpg

While you control another "Urano" card, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects. If the other card in your Pendulum Zones is not an "Uranologos" card, destroy this card. When this card is activated: Discard or banish 1 card from your hand; add 1 "Urano" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Ecliptic, Sealed Uranologos Lord". You can only use this effect of "Ecliptic, Sealed Uranologos Lord" once per turn. During the End Phase: Destroy this card.
If you would Pendulum Summon while you control an "Urano" card in your Pendulum Zones, you can ignore this card's Level for that Pendulum Summon. You can only control 1 "Ecliptic, Sealed Uranologos Lord". If this card is in face-up Defense Position, decrease its Level by 1. Negate the effects of cards in your opponent's possession. When this card is Summoned: Destroy all other cards you control, and if you do, destroy cards your opponent controls, up to the number of cards in your Pendulum Zones that were destroyed. During the End Phase: Destroy this card. If this card is destroyed: You can shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do, add 1 "Urano" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Ecliptic, Sealed Uranologos Lord". You can only use this effect of "Ecliptic, Sealed Uranologos Lord" once per turn.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rulings]
  • Lunaris and Solaris' 'When this card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed:' effects are activated effects.
  • Lunaris and Solaris' effects that treats Xyz Monsters' Ranks as Levels won't remove their Rank. Any further effects that would modify that monster's Level won't modify its Rank. But if its Rank is modified, its Level is also affected. Example: A Rank 4 Xyz Monster will also be treated as a Level 4 monster, but it is still also a Rank 4 monster.
  • The 'If you would Pendulum Summon while you control an "Urano" card in your Pendulum Zones, you can ignore this card's Level for that Pendulum Summon.' effects simply mean that the monster can be Pendulum Summoned regardless of the Pendulum Scales used for the Pendulum Summon, even if those Pendulum Scales won't be able to make any normal Pendulum Summons. Example: You can Pendulum Summon the monster even if the Pendulum Scales are 8 and 9.
  • Ecliptic's 'When this card is activated: ...', 'When this card is Summoned: ...', and 'During the End Phase: ...' effects are mandatory.
  • The 'You can only control 1 ...' effects of these cards include cards in your Pendulum Zones.
[/spoiler]

Finally . . . *faints*

They will be part of an archetype, that's why there are Urano and Uranologos in their wording.

I apologize Hyuuga Miyuki, but as you have not sent me points and the deadline is up I am afraid it is now to late for you to join. Also, to all contestants, your entries have been nothing short of amazing to me. It is going to be hard for me to judge well, but that is why I accepted 2 new judges on the way. Thank you Sakura Haruno and sharpretina24 for helping me with my first contest, and thank you contestants for joining me.

LET THE JUDGING COMMENCE!

Here are your scores; if you want clarification on them, feel free to ask [Anything below a 10.5 will be noted for the most part].
Also note that your final scores are the average of whatever you got.

Aqua

B: 14

C: 14
O: 14.5

T: 5

Total: 47.5 (Spark)

B: 11.5

C: 13
O: 14

Total: 43.5 (Frost)

B: 11.5 (the optional burn just for summoning doesn't go well with me, especially since it's 1k)

O: 15

Total: 45.5 (Flare)

Average Total: 45.5 (or 45.33 for easier rounding)

Zataisho

B: 13.5

C: 15

Total: 47.5 (Spirit)

Total: 48 (Princess)

Total: 47

Average Total: 47.0

UnendingEmpire

B: 12.5

C: 9
O: 12.5

Total: 39 (Rider)

B: 12

C: 10
O: 12.5

Total: 39.5 (Wizard)

Average Total: 39.25

On a sidenote, there were some downloadable YGO fonts inside a thread in Tutorials; you could've used that thread to get whatever fonts you needed. (They're the Matrix ones)

Kamishiro Ryoga

Total: 48.5 (Zephyr)

Total: 48.5 (Sylph)

Average Total: 48.5

Overfrost

B: 9

O: 11.5

Total: 38.5 (Lunaris)

B: 9

Total: 42.5 (Solaris)

B: 6 (Placing a lockdown on your opponent simply for having another Uranos and tutors a card when it blows self up or dies to Mirror Force or something along those lines? Yeah no)

C: 8

Total: 34 (Ecliptic)

Average Total: 38 1/3 (38.33)

Followed Rules: /30
Picture: /20
Wording: /20
Spelling: /10
Creativeness: /10

Aqua Hina:
25/30
20/20
20/20
10/10
09/10

Total: 84/90

ZaTaisho:
30/30
18/20
18/20
10/10
08/10

Total: 84/90

Unending Empire:
30/30
15/20
16/20
10/10
02/10

Total: 73/90 (The reason for the low score in creativeness is due to the fact that "Necro" was actually an archetype used in the main series by Byakura.)

Kamashiro Ryoga:
30/30
18/20
20/20
08/10
09/10

Total: 85/90

Overfrost!
30/30
16/20
20/20
10/10
09/10

Total: 85/90

If you have any questions regarding your scores, or complaints, please ask.

@Aqua Hina

The reason behind that is due to the fact that most of your effects that activate when Summoned from the hand only require "Wyrm" monsters to be on the field. Because that would make those cards a little to generic I felt that I had to deduct a few points due to the fact that I did say to make only 1 card if it was going to have a generic effect.

Aqua, you had minor OCG errors

Pendulum Effect
If the only monsters you control are Wyrm-Type monsters, "Dragonia" cards you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Up to twice per turn, if a face-up "Dragonia" card(s) you control would be destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or card effect): You can discard 1 card, instead.

Monster Effect
If this card is Summoned from the hand: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. Then, if you control 2 or more Wyrm-Type monsters: Draw 1 card. This card cannot attack your opponent directly during the turn you activate this effect. When a card effect is activated: Return this face-up card to your hand. You can only use 1 "Spark Dragonia" monster effect per turn, and only once that turn. (Spark)

Pendulum Effect
You can return this card to the hand: Add 1 "Dragonia" Pendulum Card from your Graveyard or Extra Deck to your hand. When your opponent's monster declares a direct attack while this card is in your hand: You can negate the attack, and if you do, negate the attacking monster's effects until your next End Phase. If you activate any of these effects, you cannot Summon monsters until your next End Phase, except for Wyrm-Type monsters. You can only use 1 "Frost Dragonia" Pendulum effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Monster Effect
If this card is Summoned from the hand: You can target 1 Set card on the field; that target cannot be activated (including be activated in response to this effect's activation) or Flip Summoned until your opponent's next End Phase. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can draw 1 card. When a card effect is activated: Return this face-up card to your hand. You can only use 1 "Frost Dragonia" monster effect per turn, and only once that turn.

The 3rd one was fine. As I just noted, some minor stuff. The second one doesn't look that major and one of the corrections is even moreso; I'll bump your grade on Frost's OCG to 14.

---

As for Overfrost's first two cards, the balance score should be lower since he is essentially screwing with the Xyz/Pendulum mechanics. I overlooked it again because of multiple things (I generally dislike grading multiple cards as I will probably miss something in an earlier card). Last one is pretty obvious, even if he nukes himself. Reason why he got marked the way he did was because as mentioned, it screws up with the Xyz mechanic and in Solaris's case, I can see potential RUM spam in it because of Rank alteration.

Scores have been edited accordingly. As a reminder to the host, you do have to scale scores to a common factor. I'll just scale mine to match your 90 point one. Below are the scaled marks (out of 90).

Aqua: 82.2

Zataisho: 84.6

UnendingEmpire: 70.65

Kamishiro Ryoga: 87.3

Overfrost: 69

Oh no objection for those careless OCG errors of Frost, but for those of Spark, her Pendulum effect is continuous (like Zenmaines or 101, they never start a new chain like by your wording) and for her monster effect, it doesn't start a new chain after destroying something as well (or if it does, the global OPT restriction will prevent the drawing effect from being activated.) also I think I asked for Frost's balance reasoning too, and thx for always working hard on your judging :)

I thought you were talking about Overfrost...my bad. But good thing I looked over his stuff again.

Anyway, that 2nd effect as a Pendulum (Hand Trap) negating the monster was pushing it a bit IMO. Even with the restriction, either the other two cards or Dragonstars would do stuff with it [since they're not affected]. Also the draw effect; you know by now any form of draw is powerful [but that wasn't too bad considering 1700 ATK is considerably average for what it has to do].

As for Spark's one, if it is supposed to be Continuous, then only mistake is that comma at the end, but that doesn't make too much of a difference so I can give you back a half point there. PSCT is nice and all, but you get this kind of stuff at times. Konami, hurry up and standardize this stuff.

[Your new scaled grade is 82.2]

Firstly: @Feartheghost: Why my pic is on 16 . . . They are 3 cards that even in the actual game (Duelmasters), got paired together (to form something bigger, I don't lie on this).

Secondly: @Sakura

• Ecliptic in pendulum zone will get destroyed during the end phase, and you can not Pendulum Summon any monsters, except one Uranologos monster, which must have a different name than those in the field. Reasoning: The pairs of of pendulum scales if Ecliptic and another Uranologos card can only be 6-7, 7-7, 8-8, or 8-9. Also, each one of them is side-unique.
  • Why the hell I'm the only one getting 9 scores in balance . . . As even though the effects are complicated and stuffs, they're pretty much balanced for the current metagame. They're meant to be able to be played outside Uranos decks (the actual archetype that this card supports). Though, they can only make level 7 or 8 pendulum summons. And you can only pendulum summon 1 Uranologos monster for free if you control 2 Uranologos cards in your pendulum zones (each 1 of them is side-unique).
  • Due to the fact that I made these 3 cards, and only these 3 which are able to be played consistently in other decks. I made them searchable by using Foolish Burial or Dragon's Shrine, as you need specific pairs for them to work. Also, if you activate Ecliptic (in a non Uranos deck), you will most likely have him stuck in your pendulum zone until the end phase, unless you can activate a non-Uranologos card to your pendulum zone.
  • Ecliptic's Creativity is in 8 . . . o.o
  • Please provide explanations on (at least) Lunaris' OCG.
  • The xyz monsters' rank will not get altered if their level is altered. But seriously, how the hell you said it breaks pendulum/xyz mechanics . . . They pretty much have new effects. And that's all to them.

@Overfrost I gave you 16 points due to the fact that, while they are well done, I didn't feel that the pictures went well with the type on the Sealed Angel and the Sealed Lord cards you presented. Had you given them a typing other than dragon, such as Fairy and Fiend respectively as an example, then I wouldn't have an issue. If they gained something due to their being Dragons I would have had no issue, but there is nothing in there text that makes it so they need to be Dragons. Also, you are lucky I didn't take points off due to the fact they would give Rulers and a good lock and that the Sealed Lord becomes Level 7.

@Overfrost I gave you 16 points due to the fact that, while they are well done, I didn't feel that the pictures went well with the type on the Sealed Angel and the Sealed Lord cards you presented. Had you given them a typing other than dragon, such as Fairy and Fiend respectively as an example, then I wouldn't have an issue. If they gained something due to their being Dragons I would have had no issue, but there is nothing in there text that makes it so they need to be Dragons. Also, you are lucky I didn't take points off due to the fact they would give Rulers and a good lock and that the Sealed Lord becomes Level 7.

Thanks for explaining. They look like dragons though (at least to me), I just named them Sealed Angel and Lord. Notice that it doesn't actually mean that they're angel/demon, as they're the "sealed" form of the original angel/lord.

I also have explained stuffs regarding my cards balance in the previous post.
Regarding Rulers, they won't actually benefit from these cards, as there are only 4 Rulers in a deck. And Solaris will get itself shuffled into the deck when it hits the grave, but Lunaris still work though. Especially Eclipse Wyvern + Lunaris combo, the Wyvern will remain in grave. Take note that anything you pendulum summon with Ecliptic will get destroyed by Ecliptic's effect.

@Overfrost As I said, there wasn't any reason they had to be Dragons, and if you think they can't help Rulers just because there are 4 Rulers in a deck then you are sorely mistaken. Also, you can summon the Rulers after him blowing up your two pendulum monsters, destroying two cards your opponent controls, they shuffle into your deck and can add each other right back. Plus, you can use the effect of Angel to shuffle itself back into the deck after being banished for a Ruler's summon. I either had to take off about 10 points from your score of following the rules or 4 points for just having those pictures and names without changing the types. If you keep insisting I can always change the scores to that.

I would appreciate it if someone would tell me how to change the Topic so it no longer says accepting.

Just use the edit button, and then click preview. You should get the full editor with the ability to add a Poll, change topic name, etc.

This is what I get for not watching the anime.  I get punished by cards that were never even released.

Admittedly, we've already got Necroface, Dark Necrofear, Necro Gardna, Chaos Necromancer, and Elemental HERO Necroshade, but...case in point, should anime cards really count against somebody who never has watched the anime?

(not that it matters, seeing as my odds of reaching the top three seem to be zero regardless...)

I didn't subtract points from it. 

By that logic, what we in the USA (or TCG regions) class as "Necro", Japan may do it differently. In essence, if the characters in the Japanese name match each other, then they are related. 

You shouldn't have been docked points for simply doing so.

Sharpretina has decided to give up his Judge position so here are the final results;

First Place:
Kamishiro Ryoga
Average: 86.15

Second Place:
Zataisho
Average: 84.3

Third Place:
Aqua Hina
Average: 83.1

Overfrost
Average: 77

UnendingEmpire
Average: 71.825

Also, I am having some issues with the quick donating so it may take a moment for me to get your points to you.

Archived