In which darkness lurks

DDFfire

Well, my second post in a long lime. Hope it's good  :)

[attachment=41633:Phantom's Shadow.jpg]

2 Level 5 Monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; This card gains ATK equal to the target's ATK, and if it does, destroy that target. This effect can only be used while this card has 1000 or less ATK. If this card would be destroyed by card effect: You can return it to it's original ATK instead.

I shouldn't like the art but I do. It works superbly with the frame.

Volcasaurus is capable of lots more damage with its combo into Gaia Charger but this thing's defensive effect is rad. Why is it a Zombie and not a Fiend though?

This card defiantly has an original effect and its interesting to say the least. I like its destruction avoidance effect but i would make it a bit more specific as two what kind of material is required since level 5s aren't exactly difficult to pull off.That or you could drop the original ATK by a couple of 100, just to make it more balanced but that's my opinion.

A well rounded card that with a few tweaks would be very good. Well done! :D

2 Level 5 Monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; This card gains ATK equal to the target's ATK, and if it does, destroy that target. This effect can only be used while this card has 1000 or less ATK. If this card would be destroyed by card effect: You can return it to it's original ATK instead.

Its a pretty nice effect overall and definitely useful. Its a potentially huge beater that can't be Bottomless'd and has destruction avoidance if it's effect goes through. Solid if you ask me. If you think about it from an advantage perspective, you will probably end up with a +1 from this card each turn. You take the -1 to summon it but then you destroy a monster and attack over a monster or you destroy a monster and your opponent forces it back to its original ATK with a destruction effect. Obviously that is an ideal scenario and the card is easily dealt with via effect negation, so I don't think you need to balance it out at all really, apart from perhaps decreasing its original ATK by like 200 because it will be too big a beater otherwise.

Archived