~BS~'s Pokemon Quiz me

~British Soul~

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What myth is Magikarp based on and based on it how does it evolve into Gyrados?

I think it's based on the myth how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons, so if a Magikarp leapt over said gate, it'd evolve into Gyarados.

Q) What abilities does Yellow share with Lance? And what else do they have in common?

*clicks fingers* I remember, they're both Viridian trainers, and are able to telepathically communicate with pokemon and heal their wounds.

1. Name five Rockets by their name that appear in Gen 1. You're required to have knowledge on the manga.
2. What is Professor Oak's strongest Pokemon?

3. When using 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe Choice Scarfed Garchomp, which is the more viable option. Fire Fang or Fire Blast? Explain why. The situation assumes Garchomp is using a beneficial nature and hax isn't involved. 

1. Name five Rockets by their name that appear in Gen 1. You're required to have knowledge on the manga.
2. What is Professor Oak's strongest Pokemon?

3. When using 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe Choice Scarfed Garchomp, which is the more viable option. Fire Fang or Fire Blast? Explain why. The situation assumes Garchomp is using a beneficial nature and hax isn't involved. 

1. Ken, Al, Harry, and to make up the numbers, Jessie and James

2. I'm inclined to say Dragonite for some reason

3. I'd say Fire Blast to deal with the more defensive Steel-types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Forretress for instance. One example I can give is if I was to use Fire Blast on a Skarmory, it should take it out in 2 hits unlike Fire Fang which would require 3 hits.

I think it's based on the myth how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons, so if a Magikarp leapt over said gate, it'd evolve into Gyarados.

Close, but particularly it was a waterfall the Magikarp would climb up. I believe one person in Couriway Town in XY mentioned this...at least the town with all the waterfalls.

Pokedex Entries for 600: This Pokemon communicates with others of its kind using claw marks in trees and boulders, where the region is quite high in inclement weather.

Close, but particularly it was a waterfall the Magikarp would climb up. I believe one person in Couriway Town in XY mentioned this...at least the town with all the waterfalls.

I seem to recall Magikarp in the Valley level of snap evolving in a similar way.

Pokedex Entries for 600: This Pokemon communicates with others of its kind using claw marks in trees and boulders, where the region is quite high in inclement weather.

Klang

It was a Jeopardy reference, not the literal answer to look in Bulbapedia lol. Try again.

...uhhh... I'll go with Weavile then #randomguess

Q) What was 'special' about the Eevee Erika made Red obtain before she would allow him to battle her?

It was able to freely evolve between Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon and itself.

Only 2 Pokemon can know Sacred Fire by Leveling Up. What are they (Don't even think about touching Bulbapedia; It's only 2 Pokemon...).

Ho-Oh and Entei

Q) How did Green manage to avoid getting 'frozen' to Sabrina against Lorelei?

I recall she was knocked "unconscious" and when she later grabbed the ice dolls which broke, the severed arm turned out to be Green's Ditto.

1. Ken, Al, Harry, and to make up the numbers, Jessie and James

2. I'm inclined to say Dragonite for some reason

3. I'd say Fire Blast to deal with the more defensive Steel-types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Forretress for instance. One example I can give is if I was to use Fire Blast on a Skarmory, it should take it out in 2 hits unlike Fire Fang which would require 3 hits.

Giovanni, Jessie, James, Koga, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Blaine, and Mr. Fuji were names I was looking for but besides #1 everything else is correct. 

Giovanni, Jessie, James, Koga, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Blaine, and Mr. Fuji were names I was looking for but besides #1 everything else is correct. 

I feel that the first 3 names I gave for Q1 were valid given that they're named Rockets who appeared in the RB chapter of the manga.

i know a gewd one

What pokemon learns the attack "Thousand Waves"?

That'd be Zygarde

What pokemon is the least powerful, but would be killed by metapod?

In terms of base stats, that'd be Sunkern

Archived