Armoire

Noble Arms - Curtana

(A Compulsory Evacuation Device for Noble Knights)

bq0PHZZ.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']You can only control 1 face-up "Noble Arms - Cutrtana". Equip only to a Warrior-Type monster. Once per turn: you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; the equipped monster permanently loses 800 ATK, and if it does, return that target to the hand. (The ATK loss remains even if this card leaves the field or the monster becomes unaffected by card effects.) If this face-up card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Warrior-Type "Noble Knight" monster you control; equip this card to that target. You can only use this effect of "Noble Arms - Curtana" once per turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Trivia']• Curtana is the sword of Ogier the Dane in The Song of Roland
• Curtana belonged to Sir Tristan from the Arthurian Legends
• The effect of losing 800 ATK is a reference of how the sword got its name when it was "cut down" to fit Ogier the Dane
• The Curtana is often featured as a ceremonial sword not used for combat; this card's effect reflects that because it does not destroy nor give its weilder more ATK and instead returns opponents to the hand.
[/spoiler]

Kinda feel like this would be used solely for a quick removal before going for Artorgious (I can't spell it, forgive me), and then wouldn't be re-attached unless it was for lack of equips for said Xyz. I would recommend making this be remedied by something like:

*The Monster equipped with this card cannot be used as an Xyz or Synchro Material the turn this card's effect is activated.

Or something along these lines, since Monsters like Beelze, SH-Ark, and most other "Protected" cards are pretty much screwed over by this thing. On the other hand, it feels very "real." I could picture this art and this effect being on a real card (With some restrictions, perhaps).

Archived